Delivery to coal generators

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the replicants to deliver coal to my generators.  Even if I have them prioritized highest over everything.  The only way I can force it is if I turn off every job but delivery, then they finally refill the generators.  Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong? 

If you click on the generator, there is a slider. That defines the coal delivery in similar way how dupes will run on hamster wheels - when batteries drop below that value (by default 50%), dupes will start delivering coal. When the batteries hit the ceiling, dupes will stop delivering coal until batteries drop below that value again.

The slider makes not a single bit of difference to their priorities when your base starts getting a bit high maintenance. It's something i've experienced myself - where my dupes are happy to run back and forth all day picking up 4kg chunks of fertilizer, but wont deliver me just one trips worth of coal :p

If you have 15 jobs all on the same priority - coal gens are dead last :mad: Try making them the highest prio in your base exclusively - i.e. only coal gens on priority 8, everything else below that.

Same thing here though i don't see it as to much of a problem. I can set the gens on priority 9, the only things in my base that are set that high. My dupes will ignore the gens completely until the batteries are almost empty and then fill the gens once more. I will add that my dupes will act in the same way no matter the priority of the gens (5 and above) and always fill just before the batteries run out.

So it seems, for me, that the task of filling the gens with coal is tied in to how much power you have available at the time the gens run out of fuel. This in turn saves you coal which is not a bad thing but if it all goes wrong when they go to sleep it can create a problem.

part of the problem comes from how it determines the tasks and in what order. if all your tasks are 9 they will go to the shortest/highest docore travel to the next 9 if your coal is further from the generator at 9 than say delivering algae it will pick the algae complete that task then look again for the closest high priority job. placing storage boxes with the proper resources near machines that need them reduces the distance the priority scale has to look for tasks and can help prevent chaos

Archived