Electrolyzers not working as expected

well that area will only hold so much air and the electrolysers have a max pressure that in that case would affect all of them . you need to take that air and put it where your dupes are or it wont do anything for them. 2 electrolysers can support 16 dupes if you pump the air into their living quarters and work areas

One electrolyzer running at max efficiency produces enough oxygen for 8 dupes. Because your area is overpressurized, your electrolyzers will be constantly shutting off for max pressure. You need at least 2 pumps per electrolyzer as each pump only moves 500g/s and an electrolyzer produces 1000g/s of gas. Alternatively you can place electrolyzers near the top of your base and allow natural air flow to carry it down to your dupes to save on power.

9BE25C3C2C343898BBEFFC9A96420445BDBF94DBthis kind of build is a little over done but  the valves are making sure I'm getting a constant low feed to each area you only need one for each room set to about 250g

1D2F60A42B8000AE3E040C906B93A03FB522EA3Bthis one is bigger and set up for keeping maxed air pressure in living areas it looks like an energy pig but actually only runs to top off air sits mostly dormant

I made a video here showing how I setup my electrolysers:

Personally I prefer it to an open system which I tried in my last play through because you get a more even concentration of oxygen throughout your base.

There should also be a post where you can get the electrolysers to ignore the max gas pressure but I'm not sure if that is a bug which will be patched in future. (tried to find the post but couldn't maybe someone know something about that)

1 hour ago, heckubis said:

involves water under the electrolyser preventing it from precieving air in the lower 2 tile positions only 1 mass can exist in a tile so only a few grams will do it

Build a 3x2 room, ceiling permeable on the sides and rest of tiles, add ~10kg contaminated and normal water each, place electrolyser inside that and it'll never shutdown and and the shengrians with the fluids will also sort O and H (you can force where which goes by priming the exits). Allows for one Hydrogen Generator per electrolyser and keeps my current base at comfortable ~25kg O2 (with an excess of 1.5t/day, so 'pressure' dropping from expansions is a completely non-issue). 

19 hours ago, Townkill said:

One electrolyzer running at max efficiency produces enough oxygen for 8 dupes. Because your area is overpressurized, your electrolyzers will be constantly shutting off for max pressure. You need at least 2 pumps per electrolyzer as each pump only moves 500g/s and an electrolyzer produces 1000g/s of gas. Alternatively you can place electrolyzers near the top of your base and allow natural air flow to carry it down to your dupes to save on power.

Hi,

Thank you, that is helpful. Do we have intel about how the ratio should be for gas filters behind the pump, and how many parallel gas pipes are required to move the gas out?

I tried in the beginning to have this natural flow happening, but it seems that the flow is not really happening even with a "chimney" 5 tiles wide.

For now I try to increase the pumps and see how that goes.

1 hour ago, SchlauFuchs said:

Do we have intel about how the ratio should be for gas filters behind the pump, and how many parallel gas pipes are required to move the gas out?

Electrolyser should create 1000g/s, Gas Pump should move 500g/s, so you would need two pumps and one filter (to split off the hydrogen) per electrolyser - to power the extra stuff one Hydrogen Generator should be sufficient and should be able to be sustained by the hydrogen generated.

The problem with the should is that the advertised performances in the building descriptions are quite often not reached in reality.

So simply exploit the flaws in the simulation to only need one pump for several electrolysers:
9d514471a3.jpg
This setup will vent oxygen to the sides and compress hydrogen into the middle part where the pump is and won't ever be affected by overpresure so it'll keep creating gas.

3 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

The problem with the should is that the advertised performances in the building descriptions are quite often not reached in reality.

Yes I can see that :p. The best optimized O2/H generation pipeline fails if for example the water supply is not well tuned.

Archived