Copy & paste of building settings

It would be nice if you could duplicate the settings of one building onto another building with a sort of copy & paste function.  For example, you Ctrl + Right-click a storage container to copy its settings.  Then you Ctrl + Click one or more other storage containers to make their settings match the first one.  Factorio has a function like this and it is insanely useful when you have many buildings of the same type that all need the same customized settings.  It would also be great if it copied the enabled/disabled state of the building as well.

12 minutes ago, mrIminecrafter said:

...the storage container already has setting for different material and items. Like Raw Metal, more than one container can have the same setting.

mrIminecrafter

I think you misunderstood.  I mean you could copy all the material settings from one storage container to another one with a single click, instead of having to open the settings for each container and check the boxes you want individually.  It saves A LOT of clicking.

5 hours ago, Generico300 said:

I think you misunderstood.  I mean you could copy all the material settings from one storage container to another one with a single click, instead of having to open the settings for each container and check the boxes you want individually.  It saves A LOT of clicking.

No, I have had the same material setting on multiple storage containers once.

9 hours ago, mrIminecrafter said:

However, the storage container already has setting for different material and items. Like Raw Metal, more than one container can have the same setting.

I fail to see where having to repeat a certain clicking pattern for several minutes to setup additional compactors adds fun to the game.

8 hours ago, Masterpintsman said:

I fail to see where having to repeat a certain clicking pattern for several minutes to setup additional compactors adds fun to the game.

I normally set up storage compactors on one room with the some the same settings. Making it easier and faster than copying and pasting. 

Archived