The curse of the Werepigs

So today i decided to play Webber for my very first time. I found the spider biome and i estabilished a base there: I had free Monster Meat, a lot of sanity thanks to the Silk (Top Hats) and a lot of healing. 

Sadly for most of the time (30 days in a public server.. where dem griefers at?) i could not find or craft a decent weapon, only my spear. Usually with other characters i would've just fed a Pig 4 monster meat and crafted myself a nice Ham Bat, but pigs just REFUSE to eat monster meat when i play as webber. I tried placing it in front of their doors : nada. I tried feeding them directly, no luck with that. I tried asking someone to feed the pig for me, they replied "да??" .

So i'll just ask here.. How can i get my hands on an Ham Bat , Football helmet and Umbrellas easily?

Why don't you just place some houses separated and kill pigs one per one every few days? I mean you don't need them to be Werepigs to drop the pig skin..(Bring a few spiders)

And in worst case you can use the green staff if you're really really really bad at it..

2 minutes ago, Angibot said:

Why don't you just place some houses separated and kill pigs one per one every few days? I mean you don't need them to be Werepigs to drop the pig skin..(Bring a few spiders)

And in worst case you can use the green staff if you're really really really bad at it..

Werepigs have the ability to make stacks of manure, and are guaranteed to drop meat & pig skin.

Just now, Angibot said:

Well , seems like we learn some stuff everyday gratz :3

Don't get me wrong, i can kite pigs even 4 v 1 D: That's not the problem. Just my RNG is literally.. bad. 25% drop chance for the skin is a joke for me, i almost never dropped one. Plus i can use werepigs for manure!

I guess every character has downsides , Webber can't "use" pigs.. i guess i'll just have to time the Full moons correctly and make the best out of it!

53 minutes ago, asdrub43l said:

try feeding them again, because you can. Dodge his attack, feed once, dodge and repeat. He will still be agressive but will eat and eventually transform.

It works! Somehow i didn't think about that :wilsondisapproving: Thanks!

EDIT: While i was testing the feed-kiting with Webber i noticed that i was able to attack some of the werepigs 7 times in a row before getting hit back. Some other times i can only strike 1 or 2 times before the attack animation starts.. How do those creatures actually work?

They transform, and as soon as they're done turning they howl.

- If you attack while they transform you cancel the animation and they will riposte, you'll have time to hit 2 times

- If you wait until they're done evolving and start hitting as soon as they begin the howl animation, you will have time to land a lot more hits because attacks somehow don't interrupt their howl.

4 hours ago, HamBatter said:

I recall there was an early topic where they used to respawn every day and people said it was too easy to get meats.

Yet bunnymen respawn every day and their meat-puff drop rate being the same as meat-pig skin drop rate is somehow different and just fine?

Well, then perhaps make the pig skin drop more often than meat instead as well as make them respawn every day. Or at least every two days. This could actually balance things out! Football helmets would be possible to expend more without the use of exploits and food through pig killing would be generally harder to obtain, making it harder not to starve! It's win, win, @V2C so why not? :p

Archived