Forest inside swamp and snurtle shell

in the single player game, you always had a forest area inside a large swamp, it had some closely placed evergreens, occasional saplings, some free area and a sinkhole, but the dst biomes don't have it, i know, there's such thing as choosing preset, it's not the viable solution it seems.

secondly, i'd like to talk about snurtle shell armour: i know, they it's best armor for some cases and it saves from freezing caused by mobs and so on, but maybe it should in addition give you full rain protection while hidden? that'd be cool to make a bonfire and hide close to it, letting yourself to dry, wouldn't it?

6 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

bonfire

Spoiler

It's not Dark Souls man

The fact that presets can't be choose is probably made after a good thinking.. if everyone could choose the preset , everyone would take the Grave one and reeds, etc , and leave the trashy ones behind so i think it's better right now.

About the snurtle shell armor i think it's pretty op? All you would have to do is hide in your shell near a Salad Furnace and stay hidden for like 10 days before eating and hiding again... We are not snails!

16 hours ago, Angibot said:

About the snurtle shell armor i think it's pretty op?

it's not that op, it's not commonly used and pretty hard to get in the first place

16 hours ago, Angibot said:

All you would have to do is hide in your shell near a Salad Furnace and stay hidden for like 10 days before eating and hiding again... We are not snails!

hounds do attack you if you are hidden, since they spawn aggroed on you, you'll also overheat from your green tower of flame even at winter if you hide close enough to be covered by radiated light, moreover the deerclops will come to you and break it, but even not counting that all, who tells you not to live your life like crestfallen snails?

about the forest: it's not setpiece like reed\fire\winter trap, it was biome connection, like savanna inside desert (in fact, i can't name any other examples that are: not specific mob spawn [mactusk greenland inside forest, toadstool spawn locations] and present in most of the world [beefalo savanna at the end of forest or greenland with frogs at the edge of desert])

Archived