What's the best 2 character combo (no duplicates)?

2 minutes ago, Jurgens said:

Wickerbottom + Wolfgang

Only one that makes sense to me

But there's also (but not limited to);

Wendy + Webber (Spider Farming 4 Days)

Wickerbutts + Wx-78 (Charged and ready to go!)

Woodie + Maxwell (Supreme Gatherers)

Wilson + more Wilsons (In Soviet Don't Starve Together, Food eats YOU!!!)

And more.

19 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Don't really need Webber for that though. Any spider base would do.

Better to have only one gatherer, I would assume.

Ahaha... Are you sure that any character would be able to manage this on a daily basis...?

Screenshot (431).png

Wicker and WX for overcharge

Wicker and Maxwell since he can read her books and gets passive sanity boost

Wicker and Wendy for sanity gain for wicker bottom for when she reads her books

Wicker and Wolfgang to feed wolfgangs that cannot get their own food to go full

And for the best combo...

Wes and Wes bcuz Wes is bes

1 hour ago, JJburner said:

Wicker and WX for overcharge

Wicker and Maxwell since he can read her books and gets passive sanity boost

Wicker and Wendy for sanity gain for wicker bottom for when she reads her books

Wicker and Wolfgang to feed wolfgangs that cannot get their own food to go full

And for the best combo...

Wes and Wes bcuz Wes is bes

The first two listed is objectively the correct answer.

Perma overcharge wx and double spellbooks plus maxwell gathering is extremely strong.

Wicker + Wolf is also strong, and arguably better for bosses.

1 hour ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Better to have only one gatherer, I would assume.

Heheheh... You've never seen Woodie and Maxwell work together have you? Woodie chops down everything, and Maxwell uses a digger and collects everything. So. Many. Logs. This character synergy is just really beautiful...

Bonus points for having a Wigfrid or Wolfgang on hand to help with gathering and treeguards.

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Heheheh... You've never seen Woodie and Maxwell work together have you? Woodie chops down everything, and Maxwell uses a digger and collects everything. So. Many. Logs. This character synergy is just really beautiful...

Bonus points for having a Wigfrid or Wolfgang on hand to help with gathering and treeguards.

...and suddenly all of the trees on the suface map are gone within a few ingame days. 

Some of the underpowered characters actually have very useful synergism; it just isn't obvious at first.

Wilson and Willow work together well, since beard hair is a key ingredient in Bernie.

Woodie and Willow also pair well, since Bernie allows the werebeaver to continue gnawing down trees during the full moon without needing to stop and dodge nightmares.

And Wes pairs well with another Wes, for obvious reasons that I won't get into.

Arguably if you only allow pairs, that would be Wickerbottom and:

Wolfgang - he kills things, she makes food

WX - she eats fresh food, he - spoiling bits in return for charging him to be faster and glow

Maxwell - she makes books, he reads them

Now, if you allow two pairs, I say (for spelunking): Willow, Maxwell, Woodie, Wendy. They all work well with sanity management (Maxwell - natural regeneration, Wendy - less darkness drain, Woodie - replanting trees, Willow - fires: including nightmare lights you fuel with nightmare fuel). I could add Wolfgang and WX to this combination as dedicated fighters (Wendy uses Abigail, Max - ranged weapons to deal with squishiness). That would fill the default six slots on a server.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, Ressayez said:

Ahaha... Are you sure that any character would be able to manage this on a daily basis...?

Screenshot (431).png

It really is fitting that that the Ancient cane skin looks like a shepherds staff after you look at the bits of Webber's backstory hidden in his quotes.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Master Jand said:

Wendy + Webber (Spider Farming 4 Days)

Wendy is an inferior spider farmer to Webber in almost every way, Webber + Webber would be the proper combination.

Maxwell & Wendy: a summoner duo that can quickly amass large quantities of resources; Maxwell covers the basic materials, while Wendy can reap large amounts of silk, food and healing items. They are both capable nightmare fuel farmers, and given their drawbacks, they both get great benefits from domesticating ornery beefalo. Of course, their synergy could always be improved by adding a Wickerbottom to mass produce twigs, grass, crops, etc.

Depends on the team goals and play style obviously. All characters can accomplish anything, and even Wes+Wilson in the right hands will tame the world and make the monsters fear them. I'll mention a few synergies I was part of and enjoyed a lot.

THE FIGHTERS: Wigfrid and Wolfgang will probably have a slow start, but they'll definitely end up being the best raiding duo. They may have problems against the bee queen and may need some bunnymen assistance on that one though, but other than that, they can just walk in, beat to death and eat everything that moves.

THE MAGES: Wicker and Maxwell will be the complete opposite of the above, they'll have a really fast working mega-base and an awesome quick flow of resources. They will be mediocre fighters though, and will need to think beforehand most of their fights, usually with tentacle fields, explosives, and/or Bunnymen. Fortunately their powers will allow them to gather any resource needed to prepare, very quickly and effortlessly.

BRAIN AND MUSCLE: Wicker and Wolfgang, or Wicker and Wigfrid. Slower wood/stone resource gathering but still a decent mix of magic and brute force.

THE FARMERS: Wicker and Wendy, or Wicker and Webber. Quick flow of silk, monster meat and glands, paired with all wicker powers which are a lot. Webber is by far a lot faster and more efficient than Wendy gathering spidery things, however in the long term that's the most he can give and falls flat quickly.
On the other hand Wendy, despite being slower or more limited in her spider gathering skills, is much more versatile: can still provide a nice flow of spider-related materials, and also quickly destroy the killer bees biome granting her a lot of bee farms faster. Abigail also becomes a really decent tank in the caves/ruins.

In any case I'll agree that wicker+anyone else will work wonders, since she's very team oriented and powerful. I won't make a special mention on Wicker+WX since, despite their obvious overcharge synergy, I feel that for a 2 people only team, there can be better synergies.

Archived