25 morsels, 25 azure feathers

*reads 'nother book*

50 berries, 100 grass, 100 saplings, 500 logs

*reads 'other book*

11 charged Wx-78s and 10 charged voltgoats

*ANOTHER ONE*

Tentacles are all the rage.

*and on and on and on*

Wigfrid, I know, I know, I´m a noob. Healing and getting sanity from fighting mobs just makes things so much more fun (although, it has made me really bad at playing other characters tho). But also, I just love her personality and quotes, and little things like how the Winter Hat matches her red hair and looks adorable (it's dumb, I know, but like I just started using Maxwell for example, and the hat looks so awful cause it doesn't fit the shape of his head at all and it drives me crazy)

Maxwell is a really great character tho. Makes collecting resources so much better. Webber is also fun, I like making spider bases and not having to worry about silk is nice

Hmm...hard to say. I think I'm caught between Wickerbottom and Wendy. Wickerbottom is fantastic for resource collection.

With Wickerbottom, it's obviously raw material farming, but mass farming Dragon Fruits if we get that many farms going is absolutely fantastic for bossing. We can save the pierogis for that one Wigfrid player and the Wolfgang player gets food that both fills his belly fast and restores a lot of health, all for 1 fruit and 3 twigs. She's also able to farm naughtiness rather quickly for Krampus spawning, a strategy I'll be using in the future in my server to eventually get some Krampus Sacks going. Like Maxwell, she's also able to go insane rather fast, which is quite the boon, given that Sleepytime Stories requires Nightmare Fuel for crafting. It compliments her so well...

Wendy is my secondary main that I've grown attached to from my Lights Out worlds. Granted, in a normal file, her strength in Abigail diminishes, but she's still fantastic for stunlocking weaker enemies like spiders and killer bees to death in broad daylight. When using her, I'm usually called up to destroy the Killer Beehives or mass harvest Spider materials, which in turn results in materials for fighting the Bee Queen, collecting meat filler, and getting an excess of glands for Healing Salves. I find that she pairs well with Webber. It may just be one Monster Meat saved for starting civil wars, but every bit counts, personally. I also enjoy her for easier sanity management for when I'm not interested in farming Nightmare Fuel. All I need to do is plop a Top Hat or Cat Cap on and my sanity loss from both dusk and night are completely negated.

If I had to choose one, I'd have to say...Wickerbottom? Despite all that Wendy has to offer, there are other methods to farm spiders, kill the killer bees, and keep sanity up. Those books are just way too good to pass up. Who needs sanity, anyway?

TL;DR, Wickerbottom.

All joking aside I'm going to have to side with The Curator on this one, the Hamburglar is definitely one of the strongest choices with her signature crockpot burger recipes and lesser known ability to steal burgers from enemies for a bit of health and sanity.

9 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

Take a guess.

I like Wes because of his Mimish character. He has an adorable personality!!!

I find it liking him ironic though, since I have Mimophobia...:?

I could've sworn you liked Webber...

Favorites (from most enjoyable with-my-current-playstyle downwards):

1. Woodie (main) - easy to manage sanity (going insane beaver style and back up by planting seeds, all in a day's work), good at providing wood (still wanna do a competition against Maxwell and his shadow minions for the heck of it), nicely rounded as in he doesn't have a big handicap in my book and.. has a most manly-man ginger beard all year long (it had to count, right?!);

2. Wickerbottom - from start has access to tier 1 science, excellent at building and maintaining base with plants plus books, oh those uber-useful books! (tentacle traps/farms, mmmm!);

3. WX-78 - huge potential life pool (provided a good gear-gorging), "Stale food is just as good!" and getting overcharged;

4. Wilson - default Wilson is ..good ol' well-rounded Wilson; classic! With a most magnificent growing-and-shaving beard (thermal stone in winter is all he needs; plus those meat Meat Effigies don't grow hair themselves, do they?!).

For me it would be Wendy and Wickerbottom.

For Wendy, she was the first character that I was able to survive over 100 days with when I first started playing Don't Starve, at which I found to be a great achievement at the time. Since then she became one of my go-to characters, Abigail was helpful against the hound attacks that gave me so many issues in the later days when I was still a newbie and being able to take down Bee hives with little effort was really nice since it allowed me to get the Bee Boxes and the tasty honey that I pretty much used as one of my main food sources back then it right away. Also, I do enjoy some of her quotes when examining curtain items. 

And one last thing, @The Curator is right... Wendy does make the best burgers, which is another plus. :wilson_goodjob:

For Wickerbottom, she was the first character I was able to get the farthest in Adventure Mode when I first started playing Don't Starve, but I never finished it for some reason (I still have the save file for it)... Anyway, her utility from her books is amazing and fun to use for both me and my teammates, and being able to know all of the science machine recipes from the start really helped me out in Adventure Mode since gold was so hard to find on those maps or guarded by a bunch if mobs. Also her science quotes are pretty fun to read. 

So in other words, I had nothing but good experiences with these two characters when I first started playing Don't Starve and thus continued enjoying playing these two characters til this day. 

Wes, even if he doesn't really have a ''personality'' beyond his mime aesthetic, i liked him even more due to the official artwork (that valentine's comic!) + he's adorable. I also have a soft spot for Wilson due to him being the character with whom i survived 100+ days when i started to get experience in DS.

My favourite character is Wolfgang hands down. His quotes, personality... he is just amazing. However I haven't played him that much recently just because it requires micro-management and to be honest I can't be bothered.

I have been playing Maxwell though. I must say some of the combinations of his quotes are quite funny  ( examining a torch: "It keeps Charlie at bay" and examining gunpowder: "Now THIS I like." ) I enjoy him because his quotes revealing lore of the game in general is very interesting.   He is also definitely not OP in anyway at all.

9 minutes ago, isthisworkingnow said:

However I haven't played him that much recently just because it requires micro-management and to be honest I can't be bothered.

If it wasn't for that I would likely use him more. I always feel bad for the higher hunger drain in his normal form when I'm playing with others. It feels like I'm just wasting everyone's food so because of that I tend to stay wimpy most of the time.

I play Wendy, Wigfrid or Wickerbottom, I might not have to tell why... so here's my favourite that hasn't been mentioned that often: Woodie. I like his personality, the easy sanity-management and how useful he is. And the best: his unique music! Sometimes I turn into Werebeaver just to listen to Hoedown! :D 

People have already named why I like Wes plus I used him to teach me that game so I can't really hate him either.

Woodie he reminds me of my father actually

And Warly his voice is nice his quotes are nice he's got Maxwell's dapperness without being cynical.

Webber, Wilbur, and Weston

Webber- don't have to worry about spiders in the caves and his cute <3

Wilbur- HES A MONKEY KING!!! but for real I like that he can run and monkeys will give you stuff

Weston- hes a cactus he fits in DS and I like that he cant over heat in summer

ps I know Weston is a moded char but he fits in so well!!!

Woodie and Maxwell are my favorites. Maxwell is interesting and has a lot to say lore-wise, and Woodie's character is also very entertaining and admittedly a bit relatable for me.

Both revolve around gathering massive amounts of resources quickly, which is always very satisfying in a survival sandbox like Don't Starve.

Archived