Please Add Critters to the Wild

I just want to see them naturally in the wild during Spring. To make the game feel that it´s actually a living world and create a better sense of immersion. 

Here's some ideas:

- Varglings spawn near Hound Mounds in Spring and they stay close to it at all times (making them difficult to approach).

- Catcoons in Spring spawn out of the Hollow Stump with a little Kittykit, which follows the mamma around wherever they go.

- Ewecus in Spring spaws with a little Ewelet.

- At full moons in Spring, if Glommer's flower is still on the Statue, little baby Glomgloms will come along with Glommer and frolic nearby the statue. 

- In Spring, there's a chance that picking a berry bush will disturb a Gobbler's nest and five littke Gibblents will jump out, and dash for berries. 

You can kill critters for morsels (except for Glomglom, you get monster meat) and it has severe naughtiness point (because, you know, you are killing a puppy). Or you can catch them with a net and tame them that way. You can still keep the Critters Tab and the Rock Den, but just have this as an alternative for players who are more into the exploration and survival aspects of the game.

30 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I just want to see them naturally in the wild during Spring. To make the game feel that it´s actually a living world and create a better sense of immersion. 

Here's some ideas:

- Varglings spawn near Hound Mounds in Spring and they stay close to it at all times (making them difficult to approach).

- Catcoons in Spring spawn out of the Hollow Stump with a little Kittykit, which follows the mamma around wherever they go.

- Ewecus in Spring spaws with a little Ewelet.

- At full moons in Spring, if Glommer's flower is still on the Statue, little baby Glomgloms will come along with Glommer and frolic nearby the statue. 

- In Spring, there's a chance that picking a berry bush will disturb a Gobbler's nest and five littke Gibblents will jump out, and dash for berries. 

You can kill critters for morsels (except for Glomglom, you get monster meat) and it has severe naughtiness point (because, you know, you are killing a puppy). Or you can catch them with a net and tame them that way. You can still keep the Critters Tab and the Rock Den, but just have this as an alternative for players who are more into the exploration and survival aspects of the game.

I was thinking of something exactly like this for a mod! But sadly I can't make mods:wilson_cry:

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

More like, have hope that the Devs will listen so we don't have to resort to mods :D

Also, I´m in the same position. I have so many ideas, but can't mod anything. 

I'm sure they won't 

3 minutes ago, Sudura2017 said:

And not Lavae and Broodlings just casually walking around the DFly Arena? :p Hostile Broodlings... ooh.

I did think about that. I wouldn't mind seeing them around in the wild. It's just that they are the only pets that are an actual challenge to get (and personally, I feel that it should stay that way). So having them free in the wild, would destroy that challenge completely. 

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I did think about that. I wouldn't mind seeing them around in the wild. It's just that they are the only pets that are an actual challenge to get (and personally, I feel that it should stay that way). So having them free in the wild, would destroy that challenge completely. 

Maybe if you had to get the Extra Adorable Lavae Egg and raise it through it's life.

1 minute ago, Sudura2017 said:

Maybe if you had to get the Extra Adorable Lavae Egg and raise it through it's life.

I am completely for that! Like Smallbirds!

(it's just people like crafting them for some reason)

Also, and now this is in Mod territory, but how awesome would it be if you could raise it to an adult stage?

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Speaking of LArvae... Does this mean the Broodling is like the teenage stage of the dragonfly lifecycle? If that's the case, does that mean there's a even younger stage for critter babies?

I'm thinking it's like toddler stage.

Lavae > Broodling > Teen DFly > Young Adult DFly > Mid-Life Crisis/Actual DFly

I don't see it being teenage at that tiny size :3

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Speaking of LArvae... Does this mean the Broodling is like the teenage stage of the dragonfly lifecycle? If that's the case, does that mean there's a even younger stage for critter babies?

It's part insect, so it's different from the rest because it has to do the whole metamorphosis thing.

However, this made me think of something...Maybe before Glomglom, there's a stage where he is like a little fluffy caterpillar 

Critters would add an interesting dynamic if they were integrated into the game as mobs.

But the problem is, they are ridiculously kawaii because they were designed to be attractive pets, not mobs.

Because of that, would not really want to see them as regular mobs since they do not suit the actual style of the game due to how unusual they look. They have a very refined and glossy texture to them which is not present normally, and their bodies are compact little orbs designed to not take up much screen space; which also doesn't look realistic at all for an infant.

Would rather they just stage an mostly-unused cosmetic if the only other option would be this, it would only serve to make the games artstyle inconsistent by having cutesy cuddly plush mobs running around in a relatively gritty and sketchy world.

12 minutes ago, The Curator said:

But the problem is, they are ridiculously kawaii because they were designed to be attractive pets, not mobs.

I don't know about that. Most baby mobs (except for Beefalo) look extremely (unnaturally) adorable. 

They have a very refined and glossy texture to them which is not present normally

Isn't that true for most mobs and additions implemented in DST though? For example, the twiggy tree doesn't blend well with the environment at all. It's too shinny and detailed. 

and their bodies are compact little orbs designed to not take up much screen space; which also doesn't look realistic at all for an infant.

Smallbird is the same size. Maybe, the ewebit is too small (if you compare it to the Beefalo´s babies for example). But if the argument is that they don't fit well with the world, then they shouldn't be in the game at all really.

13 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Critters would add an interesting dynamic if they were integrated into the game as mobs.

Because of that, would not really want to see them as regular mobs since they do not suit the actual style of the game due to how unusual they look. They have a very refined and glossy texture to them which is not present normally, and their bodies are compact little orbs designed to not take up much screen space; which also doesn't look realistic at all for an infant.

Would rather they just stage an mostly-unused cosmetic if the only other option would be this, it would only serve to make the games artstyle inconsistent by having cutesy cuddly plush mobs running around in a relatively gritty and sketchy world.

Oh, also, doesn't everything in Spring have a glossy and shinny tint to it?

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Oh come on, that's just blatantly not true.

Catcoon.pngKittykit.png

latest?cb=20140709235057latest?cb=20161105175424

latest?cb=20160518200055latest?cb=20161105175510

They look exactly like what they're supposed to be: Smaller, cuter versions of other mobs.

9 minutes ago, PuffinBy said:

Love the idea, except the part where you can kill them for morsels.

I find it so evil that if you do, it will spawn in Klaus with no drops when killed (becuz Krampus is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeb)

Archived