Ideas for SW if it comes to DST

Pirate Hat - ??? Rarity Skin (Ideally, everyone gets it so Loyal, but that sounds "eh" for it. Kind of just like a built in Top Hat variant that's auto-selected in SW world (if it's separate)

Obsidian Firepit - Looks like a Red Endothermic Firepit rather than a retextured fire pit. Darker red flame too. Like a deluxe one.

Water Beefalo/Ox - Ability to reproduce. Ridable in Mangroves, shallow water and land.

Skins

Spoiler

The Buccaneer - Pirate themed Skins - Ideally they would look better with a Pirate Hat, kind of like how Woodlegs' one is done.

The Castaway - Sea/SW themed Survivor skins - Torn clothes, cuts, face paints and stuff - but more sea themed!

maybe more

New Content for MP

Spoiler

Modular Crew Ships - Ships with parts to build on like a Crow's Nest, Cannons, Captain's Quarters for a maximum of six people to a boat.

Other multi-person ships - Small 2-4 person ships

Viking Longboat for Wigfrid - 3 person ship. Controlled by the person in the back but gains extra speed if the other 2 row in the same direction.

Wakeboarding (i think that's what it's called) - Using a Raft/Surfboard and some rope to ride behind a ship

Life Rafts (life jackets wouldn't work so well)

25 minutes ago, Sudura2017 said:

Pirate Hat - ??? Rarity Skin (Ideally, everyone gets it so Loyal, but that sounds "eh" for it. Kind of just like a built in Top Hat variant that's auto-selected in SW world (if it's separate)

Obsidian Firepit - Looks like a Red Endothermic Firepit rather than a retextured fire pit. Darker red flame too. Like a deluxe one.

These exist already as features in SW don't they?

ZgI6rRj.pngLvPjKQA.png

Could you expand on this? I don't quite follow. 

9 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

These exist already as features in SW don't they?

ZgI6rRj.pngLvPjKQA.png

Could you expand on this? I don't quite follow. 

This is a suggested change to these.

Obsidian Firepit - Cosmetic Change

Pirate Hat - skin for Top Hat that everyone has

23 hours ago, cactusarms said:

But Obsidian Firepit was a really neat firepit that had a huge light radius and burned way longer.

And it still would be. It would look different.

Is everyone just making up reasons to hate this?

1 hour ago, Sudura2017 said:

Is everyone just making up reasons to hate this?

I think people are just misunderstanding what you said in that post.

I would love pirate themed skins, but I think obsidian firepit's design is fine as it is. The alternate design you mentioned would be pretty cool as a skin for it though.

I'm not sure how you can make cast-away look different than the survival set, what do you mean by "sea-themed"?

4 minutes ago, DarkKingBoo said:

I think people are just misunderstanding what you said in that post.

I would love pirate themed skins, but I think obsidian firepit's design is fine as it is. The alternate design you mentioned would be pretty cool as a skin for it though.

I'm not sure how you can make cast-away look different than the survival set, what do you mean by "sea-themed"?

I don't know. Soaked clothes and hair was the main point

Much weirder idea - Beaches being lower than turf.

All turf would have the DS cliff edges (even Jungles, Tidal Marsh, etc.)

*natural* beach would not. 

So it wouldn't blend, right? Correct. Hence:

The left/right sides of the beach would have cliffs (the turf next to it, specifically, being HIGHER than the beach.)

The top side of the beach would not have any border, just walk on through.

While it's confusing to envision, it gives the optical illusion that the beach leads right up to the Jungle/Whatever Else

And it shows the Beach as lower down.

Thus, only beaches could be used to dock/undock, keeping it streamlined, and in PVP less ability to just raid a base.

Just now, cactusarms said:

I thought you meant it was a skin for firepit, I didn't know.

Well that's fair enough. I'm sure you can understand why it's beginning to bug me, though. 

It's just:

Endothermic Firepit - Looks fancy

Firepit - Looks horrible.

Obsidian Firepit - Looks horrible but has a texture.

I don't think it should work like that, personally.

Archived