Please nerf ancient fuelwearer! I'm begging you!!

1 minute ago, Josonic said:

Giving a mod as a 'solution' doesn't seem very polite to me. Many people can't use mods (weak computers, console players, non cheaters) and those people get really frustrated at the community trying to shove mods down our throat

Since when giving a mod link is an insult ? Have you even tested that mod to see if it crashes your server ? It's only 1 mod not 100. I want DST to stay as it is, if anyone wants to make the game easier just install a mod, it's not a shame to play with mods. Please don't misinterpretate my message, I didn't ''shove that mod to his throat''. I just posted a solution for him. Looks like if I want to help someone I'm the bad guy.

It's clear that Klei cares about how this game is played both solo and multiplayer. I don't get why everyone is claiming this game is only meant to be played with other people just cause it has 'together' in the title. You guys are lying to yourself for the sake of the argument. Of course the game should be balanced for both solo play and multiplayer play. Do you guys have any idea how many people play this game solo?

Just now, Mananu said:

Since when giving a mod link is an insult ? Have you even tested that mod to see if it crashes your server ? It's only 1 mod not 100. I want DST to stay as it is, if anyone wants to make the game easier just install a mod, it's not a shame to play with mods. Please don't misinterpretate my message, I didn't ''shove that mod to his throat''. I just posted a solution for him. Looks like if I want to help someone I'm the bad guy.

No I haven't tested that mod, because I can't use mods. I play on ps4. Like i clearly said in my post, that is why it's an insult to suggest a mod as a solution. A large amount of people who play this game either A: think mods are cheating (like me), and/or B: literally can't even use mods (like me)

5 minutes ago, Josonic said:

No I haven't tested that mod, because I can't use mods. I play on ps4. Like i clearly said in my post, that is why it's an insult to suggest a mod as a solution. A large amount of people who play this game either A: think mods are cheating (like me), and/or B: literally can't even use mods (like me)

I don't get how a mod is seen as cheating when this guy wants the boss HP to be lower and this mod give you this opportunity. Where is your logic here ? If this game is not meant to be multiplayer then why Klei made this game in this way ? Why they didn't let Don't Starve singleplayer ? What's the meaning of the mods then ? Every mod is cheating ? Everyone has a brain to see the difference between OP mods and legit mods. And this mod for sure is not considered cheating since he wants exactly this thing. For example if I want to play SW characters, I get SW mod, right ? Or that mod is cheating since we don't have SW characters in the game.

1 minute ago, Josonic said:

A: think mods are cheating (like me)

Unfortunately most DST mods seem to feel that way, but not all of them. But you shouldn't be thinking that all mods are cheating. That's like saying adjusting the world settings is cheating. You can make the game easier or more difficult by adjusting world settings. And mods work the same way. Mods are just another layer of customization.

Just now, Mananu said:

I don't get how a mod is seen as cheating when this guy wants the boss HP to be lower and this mod give you this opportunity. Where is your logic here ? If this game is not meant to be multiplayer then why Klei made this game in this way ? Why they didn't let Don't Starve singleplayer ? What's the meaning of the mods then ? Every mod is cheating ? Everyone has a brain to see the difference between OP mods and legit mods. And this mod for sure is not considered cheating since he wants exactly this thing.

He literally said the opposite, he said that his HP should be higher and his playstyle should be changed (I don't know exactly how as i haven't even fought fuelweaver yet). You don't even know if OP can use mods, yet you keep pushing it as a solutions. No not every mod is cheating, mods that have only cosmetic effects are not cheating. Any other mods that effect gameplay or give you stats (like ones that tell you what season it is) are cheating IMO and in a lot of other players opinion. I don't even know if fuelweaver needs rebalanced (as i said i haven't even fought him) but I do know that mods should never be the recommended solution to the games problems

5 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Unfortunately most DST mods seem to feel that way, but not all of them. But you shouldn't be thinking that all mods are cheating. That's like saying adjusting the world settings is cheating. You can make the game easier or more difficult by adjusting world settings. And mods work the same way. Mods are just another layer of customization.

Adjusting the world settings is cheating. I'm not saying one shouldn't do it but it absolutely 100% is cheating. I cheat in lots of games, its a fun way to add content to a game after you've found the base to get a little stale

2 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Adjusting the world settings is cheating. I'm not saying one shouldn't do it but it absolutely 100% is cheating. I cheat in lots of games, its a fun way to add content to a game after you've found the base to get a little stale

So your definition of cheating is using any of the customization options that the devs gave us? Ok then.

Hey, is it cheating if I change anything in the options menu too?

3 hours ago, Josonic said:

Is it also cheating since I merge my worlds in normal DS so I have RoG and SW content?

15 minutes ago, Josonic said:

You don't even know if OP can use mods, yet you keep pushing it as a solutions. No not every mod is cheating, mods that have only cosmetic effects are not cheating. Any other mods that effect gameplay or give you stats (like ones that tell you what season it is) are cheating IMO and in a lot of other players opinion. I don't even know if fuelweaver needs rebalanced (as i said i haven't even fought him) but I do know that mods should never be the recommended solution to the games problems

What's the difference between this mod changing HP and an official patch changing HP? The only difference I see is that when using the mod, the user is trusted to tweak the mod configuration only when necessary, while game updates usually do not allow for such fine-tuning and force the player into exactly the kind of situation which spawned this thread to begin with.

I understand that mods are not an option to PS4, but that doesn't justify "mods should never be the recommended solution to the games problems"

Don't point fingers at people for things you do as well.

15 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Wait, that doesn't make any sense. How is changing the world settings cheating? If you use it, you can either make the game experience harder or easier for yourself. The only thing that would be considered cheating is using console to give yourself items. Plus, just because the majority of the player-base plays on default worlds most of the time doesn't mean that players who change settings should be shunned for wanting to play their own way. Mod support and the world settings were added into the game because the devs wanted players to have fun, not to abide by some strict guidelines that the rest of the player-base made up and be miserable as a result.

Just now, Mobbstar said:

What's the difference between this mod changing HP and an official patch changing HP? The only difference I see is that when using the mod, the user is trusted to tweak the mod configuration only when necessary, while game updates usually do not allow for such fine-tuning and force the player into exactly the kind of situation which spawned this thread to begin with.

I understand that mods are not an option to PS4, but that doesn't justify "mods should never be the recommended solution to the games problems"

I agree with you, but please don't confuse the "mod as a solution" with the "there is a mod for this, we don't need to speak about this yet". Yes, i'm talking about eventually porting ANY Shipwrecked content (and for content i mean just characters :wilson_angelic:)  to the DST world.. Of course there are Mods for porting the characters over, but it would be nice to read what the devs think about this in the first place. Is it a Yes? a Maybe? a "NO"? 

So about the the original topic, sure someone might wanna play the whole game on his own, but many players have proven how it is possible to beat any boss on their own. And Klei has been quite gentle about it as well! If you really can't do it on your own, and you really can't get any friends to play with (impossible, we have a very nice community, with people willing to help EVEN for just one single boss) you can always go godmode and beat any boss if needed! No need to tweak bosses HP in my opinion. :wilsondisapproving:

3 minutes ago, Onetel21 said:

I agree with you, but please don't confuse the "mod as a solution" with the "there is a mod for this, we don't need to speak about this yet". Yes, i'm talking about eventually porting ANY Shipwrecked content (and for content i mean just characters :wilson_angelic:)  to the DST world.. Of course there are Mods for porting the characters over, but it would be nice to read what the devs think about this in the first place. Is it a Yes? a Maybe? a "NO"? 

So about the the original topic, sure someone might wanna play the whole game on his own, but many players have proven how it is possible to beat any boss on their own. And Klei has been quite gentle about it as well! If you really can't do it on your own, and you really can't get any friends to play with (impossible, we have a very nice community, with people willing to help EVEN for just one single boss) you can always go godmode and beat any boss if needed! No need to tweak bosses HP in my opinion. :wilsondisapproving:

The devs think "Pretend SW doesn't exist and it might go away."

3 hours ago, Onetel21 said:

Yes, i'm talking about eventually porting ANY Shipwrecked content (and for content i mean just characters :wilson_angelic:)  to the DST world.. Of course there are Mods for porting the characters over, but it would be nice to read what the devs think about this in the first place. Is it a Yes? a Maybe? a "NO"? 

In all honesty I feel like that mess even though it is offtopic would get put to rest if the Devs just told us a yes/no because we can't really argue if they say that.

On 4/22/2017 at 0:18 PM, noname167 said:

Even though the game is called "Don't Starve Together", many people still play this game alone. Solo killing bosses in this game should be possible! When i fight ancient fuelweaver, even if i use weatherpain and tank him, after his health is below 10000 he spawns new shield and new woven shadows so fast that i could only hit him 2-4 times after i kill old ones. Also, even if i shoot weatherpain like crazy. he could still eat some of his woven shadows. Plus there is a bug, sometimes when i click to shoot weatherpain, my character is stuck in attack animation, weatherpain doesn't shoot, and i am "frozen" like this for 2 seconds, which makes him eat even more woven shadows. It is extremely hard to kill him in this state. I wouldn't have complained so much if it was just one of the bosses, but he is not like others. Killing this boss does an extremely important thing for gameplay- it regenerates the ruins!!! Raiding ruins is the most funny thing in solo gameplay. Plus now you nerfed gunpowder, which is one of the dumbiest things you have ever made in this game, but that is a differect topic... It was the only way solo kill him before. Klei please understand, this game shouldn't be for multiplayer only!!!

I wish I had a dislike button on this forum... why is people so lazy?? there are many threads and videos showing how can this be done if playing solo... 

58889252.jpg

14 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Thing is it's usually not a problem, it's opinionated entirely.

4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I wish I had a dislike button on this forum... why is people so lazy?? there are many threads and videos showing how can this be done if playing solo... 

Using exploits, console commands, and OP characters.

Yeah right. Where is that dislike button.

Just now, The Curator said:

"OP Characters" 

No character is really OP. Specially not WX in that video... He's got extremely low stats, I don't think he upgraded once.

Exploits - It can be done exactly the same with a Lazy Explorer, go right ahead.

Console Commands - Where? It's quite obvious he didn't or he'd spawn in a Lazy. 

.-.

33 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

So your definition of cheating is using any of the customization options that the devs gave us? Ok then.

Hey, is it cheating if I change anything in the options menu too?

Yes using any of the world customization options is cheating, the devs also gave you console commands, would you not consider that cheating? I don't see how the 'devs made it so its not cheating' argument holds any water.

Of course changing the options menu isn't cheating as it doesn't affect the gameplay (are you intentionally being obtuse?)

29 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Is it also cheating since I merge my worlds in normal DS so I have RoG and SW content?

Why would that be cheating, its a part of the gameplay. Its literally an in game option that doesn't exploit anything at all. I get the feeling you guys are circlejerking at this point instead of actually trying to have reasonable debate.

22 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

The difference is if klei thinks its important enough to be changed than it probably should be, if they don't and a modder does it then it probably was fine how it was. Once again, im not advocating a rebalance of fuelweaver because i don't know enough of the fight one way or another to comment on that, I do know that if someone argues that something isn't balanced a good counter argument is not "but mods exist". If you think fuelweaver fight is fine how it is the argument should be "i think its fine how it is". What did I do that i pointed fingers at others for doing?

18 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

Wait, that doesn't make any sense. How is changing the world settings cheating? If you use it, you can either make the game experience harder or easier for yourself. The only thing that would be considered cheating is using console to give yourself items. Plus, just because the majority of the player-base plays on default worlds most of the time doesn't mean that players who change settings should be shunned for wanting to play their own way. Mod support and the world settings were added into the game because the devs wanted players to have fun, not to abide by some strict guidelines that the rest of the player-base made up and be miserable as a result.

I never said players who use mods or customization setting should be shunned, in fact I said the opposite.

4 minutes ago, The Curator said:

the weather pain, the lazy explorer aren't exploits... besides.. this can be done with every character.. the only difference is that this will take you more time... don't call them exploits just because you don't know how to use certain things in the game... gg

3 hours ago, Josonic said:

Why would that be cheating, its a part of the gameplay. Its literally an in game option that doesn't exploit anything at all

And thats why its ok to use the World custom settings because it does the exact same thing

4 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Yes using any of the world customization options is cheating, the devs also gave you console commands, would you not consider that cheating? I don't see how the 'devs made it so its not cheating' argument holds any water.

Why do you think there is only "one way, the way" to play DST? Mods and world customization are options... Don't restrict the game to some ideal, dumb standards for all people!... Play the game the game you like it and let others experience the game however they want!... 

Archived