Please nerf ancient fuelwearer! I'm begging you!!

Even though the game is called "Don't Starve Together", many people still play this game alone. Solo killing bosses in this game should be possible! When i fight ancient fuelweaver, even if i use weatherpain and tank him, after his health is below 10000 he spawns new shield and new woven shadows so fast that i could only hit him 2-4 times after i kill old ones. Also, even if i shoot weatherpain like crazy. he could still eat some of his woven shadows. Plus there is a bug, sometimes when i click to shoot weatherpain, my character is stuck in attack animation, weatherpain doesn't shoot, and i am "frozen" like this for 2 seconds, which makes him eat even more woven shadows. It is extremely hard to kill him in this state. I wouldn't have complained so much if it was just one of the bosses, but he is not like others. Killing this boss does an extremely important thing for gameplay- it regenerates the ruins!!! Raiding ruins is the most funny thing in solo gameplay. Plus now you nerfed gunpowder, which is one of the dumbiest things you have ever made in this game, but that is a differect topic... It was the only way solo kill him before. Klei please understand, this game shouldn't be for multiplayer only!!!

12 minutes ago, noname167 said:

Even though the game is called "Don't Starve Together", many people still play this game alone. Solo killing bosses in this game should be possible! When i fight ancient fuelweaver, even if i use weatherpain and tank him, after his health is below 10000 he spawns new shield and new woven shadows so fast that i could only hit him 2-4 times after i kill old ones. Also, even if i shoot weatherpain like crazy. he could still eat some of his woven shadows. Plus there is a bug, sometimes when i click to shoot weatherpain, my character is stuck in attack animation, weatherpain doesn't shoot, and i am "frozen" like this for 2 seconds, which makes him eat even more woven shadows. It is extremely hard to kill him in this state. I wouldn't have complained so much if it was just one of the bosses, but he is not like others. Killing this boss does an extremely important thing for gameplay- it regenerates the ruins!!! Raiding ruins is the most funny thing in solo gameplay. Plus now you nerfed gunpowder, which is one of the dumbiest things you have ever made in this game, but that is a differect topic... It was the only way solo kill him before. Klei please understand, this game shouldn't be for multiplayer only!!!

Klei have 3 options.

1- Bring a New Reign to the original Don`t Starve.

2- Give to the solo players a more balanced world and mobs health.

3- Let the things the way they are now.

2 minutes ago, Ave_Imperium said:

Klei have 3 options.

1- Bring a New Reign to the original Don`t Starve.

2- Give to the solo players a more balanced world and mobs health.

3- Let the things the way they are now.

4- make game to be easily modded

10 minutes ago, noname167 said:

If the game is not meant to be multiplayer, then what's the reason of "Together" word ? If you do want to play solo, I think this is the right mod for lowering the HP: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436164138& but please don't tell Klei to nef bosses/mobs just because you want to play by yourself. It should be a co-operative game where you trust your friends and have fun in the same time. Hopefully you will find some friends here on the forums.

There's one thing i agree with, being stuck in an animation is #@!ۤ&. Especially because the conditions favorable for it to happen, eg having to switch/use things quickly, are often the situations where you least want it to happen.

27 minutes ago, Mananu said:

If the game is not meant to be multiplayer, then what's the reason of "Together" word ? If you do want to play solo, I think this is the right mod for lowering the HP: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436164138& but please don't tell Klei to nef bosses/mobs just because you want to play by yourself. It should be a co-operative game where you trust your friends and have fun in the same time. Hopefully you will find some friends here on the forums.

Should be co-operative? Who the hell are you to limit the game to multiplayer only?! There are many people who like to play this game alone and i share their feelings! Bosses should be suitable for both solo and multiplayer kill, and i will ask Klei to nerf them if it is extremely hard to solo kill them!

4 minutes ago, noname167 said:

Should be co-operative? Who the hell are you to limit the game to multiplayer only?! There are many people who like to play this game alone and i share their feelings! Bosses should be suitable for both solo and multiplayer kill, and i will ask Klei to nerf them if it is extremely hard to solo kill them!

First of all, I replied to you in a polite way. Second, I gave you the link for the mod of tweaking bosses HP if you really want that bad to kill every boss with 1 hit. At least a ''thank you'' could work.

2 minutes ago, Mananu said:

First of all, I replied to you in a polite way. Second, I gave you the link for tweaking bosses HP if you really want that bad to kill every boss with 1 hit. At least a ''thank you'' could work.

You want to make this game multplayer-only just because they placed inconvenient "together" word in the name of the game, and you dont want to help all those many people who want to solo play this game just because it might be easy to kill bosses for people like you who kill them in groups. Do you call that a polite answer?! Politeness is not about screaming or whispering. It is about listening to the others. I want this game to be good for both solo gameplay and multiplayer. Making solo gameplay a mod is not a good way. Come on, let all nice things in this game be mods. Mods should be to meet demands of small groups of people. Other bosses are fine for both solo kill and multiplayer kill and this one is too strong and needs a rework.

3 minutes ago, Sudura2017 said:

No. Jesus Christ, it's a multiplayer game. If you want to play solo use a mod.

Stop asking for the game to be made so easy because nobody wants to put up with your crap

okay, thx bai

I'm not talking about what it is, i'm talking about what it should be...

1 minute ago, noname167 said:

You want to make this game multplayer-only just because they placed inconvenient "together" word in the name of the game, and you dont want to help all those many people who want to solo play this game just because it might be easy to kill bosses for people like you who kill them in groups. Do you call that a polite answer?! Politeness is not about screaming or whispering. It is about listening to the others. I want this game to be good for both solo gameplay and multiplayer. Making solo gameplay a mod is not a good way. Come on, let all nice things in this game be mods. Mods should be to meet demands of small groups of people. Other bosses are fine for both solo kill and multiplayer kill and this one is too strong and needs a rework.

Again you don't understand the real meaning of multiplayer games. It's not multiplayer because I wanted that, Klei wanted to make a multiplayer version of the original Don't Starve. Why ? Because it's an amazing game and different from all the others trash games which were made in the past 7 years or even more. Also by having multiplayer you can meet new players, maybe even meet them in real life after you've put strong relationships between you and your friend/s. I always saw Don't Starve ''Together'' as a test of friendship and trust. If you act like a jerk in an online game, you are a jerk in real life too. You want to play alone ? Sure, go ahead, install that mod and enjoy it, but don't demand Klei to re-make another Don't Starve game with the current bosses for a singleplayer version.

Just now, Rellimarual said:

I use the automatic health adjust mod in my solo game and leave the settings as is when playing with friends. I would recommend this because when and if you do play with friends, you won't want it to be too easy. 

I repeat once again, other bosses are FINE. He uses his shield and summons woven shadows so often that one player just dont have a time to hit him. I ask to nerf this and maybe buff his hp in exchange.

Just now, noname167 said:

I repeat once again, other bosses are FINE. He uses his shield and summons woven shadows so often that one player just dont have a time to hit him. I ask to nerf this and maybe buff his hp in exchange.

Making the game harder = more fun, you will want to fight for your own goal, the satisfaction will be better.

Making the game easier =  more boring, you will uninstall it after 30 mins, you will trash the game.

1 minute ago, noname167 said:

Ok, I misunderstood you. This can be done:

So maybe the issue is the way the animation freezes? That does seem like a bug (or a technical problem, like lag?).

19 minutes ago, noname167 said:

I'm not talking about what it is, i'm talking about what it should be...

You are subjective and falsely generalize that subjectiveness. This, as others have pointed out, is a multiplayer game meant to be tackled by parties of players. Even more so with the Ancient Fuelweaver which is suppose to be something of an ultimate boss (relatively). Plus even now there are methods of taking him down even solo (see above/previous video).

6 minutes ago, Mananu said:

Again you don't understand the real meaning of multiplayer games. It's not multiplayer because I wanted that, Klei wanted to make a multiplayer version of the original Don't Starve. Why ? Because it's an amazing game and different from all the others trash games which were made in the past 7 years or even more. Also by having multiplayer you can meet new players, maybe even meet them in real life after you've put strong relationships between you and your friend/s. I always saw Don't Starve ''Together'' as a test of friendship and trust. If you act like a jerk in an online game, you are a jerk in real life too. You want to play alone ? Sure, go ahead, install that mod and enjoy it, but don't demand Klei to re-make another Don't Starve game with the current bosses for a singleplayer version.

Interesting! Thanks for reply! In this video he uses a bone trap bug, according to how much klei likes to fix such op bugs, i think they will fix it. Look at 9:03 in this video. This is exactly the bug i am talking about! But it happends to me much more often. Overall, without using this bone cage bug and with this animation bug this fight is rly hard. I should post this video in bug tracker, thanks for this very much <3

Lol, just git gud! He is possible to solo. And there isn't that big a difference between what was before and what is now with gunpowder. You need to wait just 8 seconds and you'll be golden for the second stack.

I'd argue he should be buffed; gunpowder becoming impossible to use as a shadow hand extinguishes it every time you try to light it and the bones trapping you as needed when you're on a corner/on the edge of the map.

4 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

You are subjective and falsely generalize that subjectiveness. This, as others have pointed out, is a multiplayer game meant to be tackled by parties of players. Even more so with the Ancient Fuelweaver which is suppose to be something of an ultimate boss (relatively). Plus even now there are methods of taking him down even solo (see above/previous video).

You are bold and you're not even listening to me, i give up posting same words again and again, i would only comment that a boss that regenerates the ruins should not be the hardest boss of them all, place him somewhere like they did to toadstool then.

6 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Lol, just git gud! He is possible to solo. And there isn't that big a difference between what was before and what is now with gunpowder. You need to wait just 8 seconds and you'll be golden for the second stack.

I'd argue he should be buffed; gunpowder becoming impossible to use as a shadow hand extinguishes it every time you try to light it and the bones trapping you as needed when you're on a corner/on the edge of the map.

-_- i feel like im talking to 8 years old kids, are you even reading? I told before:

When i fight ancient fuelweaver, even if i use weatherpain and tank him, after his health is below 10000 he spawns new shield and new woven shadows so fast that i could only hit him 2-4 times after i kill old ones. Also, even if i shoot weatherpain like crazy. he could still eat some of his woven shadows. Plus there is a bug, sometimes when i click to shoot weatherpain, my character is stuck in attack animation, weatherpain doesn't shoot, and i am "frozen" like this for 2 seconds, which makes him eat even more woven shadows.

Do you know how hard it is to place gunpowder due to its small blow range including that this boss can't be frozen/put to sleep? It is possible to do this when his hp is above 10000 but after he starts to shield himself and spawn woven shadows in conditions DISCRIBED ABOVE he would either heal himself or shield himself too fast and 2nd stack of gunpowder won't do.

10 minutes ago, noname167 said:

You are bold and you're not even listening to me, i give up posting same words again and again, i would only comment that a boss that regenerates the ruins should not be the hardest boss of them all, place him somewhere like they did to toadstool then.

Resetting the ruins have a big impact. It give us thulecite, gems, gears and splumonkeys which are a great resource of food/magic resources. So in general, Ancient Fuelweaver must have higher HP. He sustains lots of resources behind him.

Even then a stack of gunpowder is easy to do (I've found it easy to time it; light the first stack right after you summon him). And during the time when you can attack him, place the next stack of gunpowder again (considering 10 seconds or so have passed since the last explosion).

And the fight is supposed to be hard. The bug may be a problem, although I've never experienced it with weather pain (you will melee if you press Left mouse button with it to Attack instead of cast spell, so perhaps that's what happened?).

And, as someone posted a video, the fight is doable by yourself without you losing even a single piece of armour.

5 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Even then a stack of gunpowder is easy to do (I've found it easy to time it; light the first stack right after you summon him). And during the time when you can attack him, place the next stack of gunpowder again (considering 10 seconds or so have passed since the last explosion).

And the fight is supposed to be hard. The bug may be a problem, although I've never experienced it with weather pain (you will melee if you press Left mouse button with it to Attack instead of cast spell, so perhaps that's what happened?).

And, as someone posted a video, the fight is doable by yourself without you losing even a single piece of armour.

If you want to see that bug: Rellimarual placed a youtube video in his comment in this topic, open that video and skip to 9:03, you will see the bug i am talking about

Archived