Prioritizing Food Items

Is there a way to tell your peeps to eat certain items first? For example when I store freshly harvested meal lice, I'd rather convert them into the loafs because it's a more efficient use of calories. However, if I have both lice and loafs in the storage bin, the characters always seem to eat the lice first. I'd rather it be the other way around.

I think there's not at the moment, though there are ways to avoid it, at least partially. You can give your mush makers higher priority so they deliver them there before they eat them, and you could put a ration box/fridge for them behind a restricted access airlock so no dupes but one can take them out.

In long run, though, bristle berry is the sustainable food. Diseases are no problem at the moment and raw lice is much less time consuming food than processed ones.

Just now, Mast3r07 said:

Dupes will always eat the least fresh item out of a food container.

I found that to not be entirely true. I had 99% fresh meal lice and 100% fresh bristle berries in the same fridge (in sterile atmosphere) and they were eating berries. I did not look too deep into it though so I don't know the reason.

11 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I found that to not be entirely true. I had 99% fresh meal lice and 100% fresh bristle berries in the same fridge (in sterile atmosphere) and they were eating berries. I did not look too deep into it though so I don't know the reason.

Yep, you re right.

Before:

Spoiler

1.png

After two dupes ate from that refrigerator:

Spoiler

2.png

Archived