Praise the Vote fix!

Just now, Palecwsmalec1 said:

Didn't the "days survived" count always stop when you became a ghost? Sounds weird i know, but i distinctly remember that happening. Could be wrong.

no you are wrong, i died on day 40 in a server and now it says it's day 110 

8 slot player per room, 3 bots griefer. Most ghost in the server likely going to be kicked if they dont ress in acceptable times.

5 vote yes vs 3 no, 5 still win in this case

And no one will spend 20 days X 8 min per day = 160 minutes for ruin only 1 server, too much hardwork for a mere small laugh 

Even they manage success for some way, o did the griefer have fun doing that? I guess the answer is no

The only way i see they grief is burning the base, mybe before server save at morning so we cant rollback. This can be solve if base is far away from spawn portal. I dont think they can survive in harsh season. 

Anyway i dont really care if they burn base, since i mostly play nomad style, and mini base deploy

6 hours ago, Botaxalim said:

8 slot player per room, 3 bots griefer. Most ghost in the server likely going to be kicked if they dont ress in acceptable times.

5 vote yes vs 3 no, 5 still win in this case

And no one will spend 20 days X 8 min per day = 160 minutes for ruin only 1 server, too much hardwork for a mere small laugh 

Even they manage success for some way, o did the griefer have fun doing that? I guess the answer is no

The only way i see they grief is burning the base, mybe before server save at morning so we cant rollback. This can be solve if base is far away from spawn portal. I dont think they can survive in harsh season. 

Anyway i dont really care if they burn base, since i mostly play nomad style, and mini base deploy

I haven't personally tested it, but rollback should be repeatable for up to 5 times.

Servers still can't make 30+ days. Reset mechanic also has to be changed. You can't resume the game even if you give a break for a few hours. Always somebody joins, dies and resets the world. You can't make any progress.

42 minutes ago, raoglu said:

Servers still can't make 30+ days. Reset mechanic also has to be changed. You can't resume the game even if you give a break for a few hours. Always somebody joins, dies and resets the world. You can't make any progress.

Maybe when everyone is dead they can vote on a world-regen?

2 minutes ago, Sudura2017 said:

Maybe when everyone is dead they can vote on a world-regen?

If you mean everyone as only one player :)  Survival mode has a mechanic when everybody dies, the world resets in a few minutes.However, it includes these situations too; 5-6 players surviving days,months then they disconnect. Then only a player joins and guess what :), dies in the middle of winter on first day. Those all 5-6 players progress were gone. Not even mentioning that player who resets the world also leaves the next day :) 

56 minutes ago, raoglu said:

This is just an inherent feature of the game in survival mode. After all, there's no way of knowing that the players who got the server to winter will *ever* come back. Why should it be held up indefinitely? Public servers set to endless don't have this problem, but they also tend to languish because players leave in harsh seasons and new players find it difficult to survive, so they get stuck there as ghosts. To make a server last requires either a unhealthy investment of time from at least one person or a tag team effort.

5 hours ago, raoglu said:

With strangers we reached day 70 yesterday, it doesn't seems impossible. I was away for some times but the server survived even with one person only for some times.

I'm not saying it's an absolute rule, but it could happen

23 hours ago, absimiliard said:

Even if they don't have to be alive the requirement to have three bots sitting (even as ghosts) for 20 minutes will likely reduce the ego gratification one gets from being raged at enough to discourage most trolls.

Whether it's enough for the troll in question ....  well, it looks like it is since servers are now staying up.

But, yeah, I suspect a trio of ghosts could wait out the 20 minute timer.  (assuming the sanity-loss from such a trio didn't kill off everyone anyway -- which it won't if they're vets)

For twenty DAYS. That is 20 x 8 = 160 minutes. That is nearly 3 hours of waiting till you can actually vote for anything!

45 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

For twenty DAYS. That is 20 x 8 = 160 minutes. That is nearly 3 hours of waiting till you can actually vote for anything!

This would be one of those rare instances where I'm very happy to have mis-read something!

20 DAYS of waiting is even more tasty than 20 minutes, by a huge amount.  (where "tasty" is defined as "long enough to really piss off any troll trying to vote-regen a server")

Good catch, grazi EuedeAdodoo.... ummm, I can't even reliably spell that, probably not even pronounce it.   Well, maybe I can, let me give it a try You-day-ah-doh-doo-ay-doh-ay?

Archived