Praise the Vote fix!

26 minutes ago, Zeruul said:

That...... explains why most public servers have less than 50 days. I thought the server reset itself.

It was due to the vote abusers messing up everyone's progress. Now that Klei changed the vote system, they'll have a much harder time actually resetting things.

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Rene Valionus said:

No they don't...

EDIT: Upon checking again Pengull Parade is left that has no cave, i asked because all 3 yesterday had no caves.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Caves should now be restored on Pengull Parade as well.

Its a blast now on dedicated official, ppl leave and in, kill bosses , no more or less griefer, day still continue, even me yesteday server still there today, no more vote abuser reset. Our the hardwork rewarded and they still there, and hey we meet new ppl everytime without worry, noobie and pro are welcomed

11 hours ago, Electroely said:

It was due to the vote abusers messing up everyone's progress. Now that Klei changed the vote system, they'll have a much harder time actually resetting things.

when did this happen? i noticed only today that the Feature was changed so that people can't kick until they survive long enough, but how much time is it now? :(

Btw now we can still get ghost griefers instead of kick griefers.. still in deep manure i would say..

The griefers who seem so mystifyingly obsessed with ruining other players' fun are surely scrambling right now for an alternate tactic. It's probably worth keeping an eye on the most notorious accounts. Was ghost griefing a reason for the kick vote feature being added in the first place? What can be done about it?

9 minutes ago, Onetel21 said:

when did this happen? i noticed only today that the Feature was changed so that people can't kick until they survive long enough, but how much time is it now? :(

Btw now we can still get ghost griefers instead of kick griefers.. still in deep manure i would say..

There was this guy with his bots that would join the Klei official servers and use the vote kick feature to get rid of everyone (he used his bots to win the vote) then reset worlds. Now that that's fixed worlds could last over the first winter, as shown above.

also, you can vote kick the ghost griefers out.

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

There was this guy with his bots that would join the Klei official servers and use the vote kick feature to get rid of everyone (he used his bots to win the vote) then reset worlds. Now that that's fixed worlds could last over the first winter, as shown above.

also, you can vote kick the ghost griefers out.

Surely his bots can just vote no to him being kicked? Then on day 20 it's bye-bye to all of you?

16 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Wasn't AFKing something Klei had already dealt with? As in, being away for 5 minutes kicks the player out of the game?

Yep. There's an idle timeout disconnect thing on all dedicated servers turned on by default.

4 minutes ago, Sudura2017 said:

Surely his bots can just vote no to him being kicked? Then on day 20 it's bye-bye to all of you?

No, 20 days is local to players, meaning that him and all of his bots would need to survive for 20 days at least to vote kick. I don't think the guy would go for such an extent just to ruin a server, unless he has no laifu.

3 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

No, 20 days is local to players, meaning that him and all of his bots would need to survive for 20 days at least to vote kick. I don't think the guy would go for such an extent just to ruin a server, unless he has no laifu.

They don't need to be alive, right?

Even if they don't have to be alive the requirement to have three bots sitting (even as ghosts) for 20 minutes will likely reduce the ego gratification one gets from being raged at enough to discourage most trolls.

Whether it's enough for the troll in question ....  well, it looks like it is since servers are now staying up.

But, yeah, I suspect a trio of ghosts could wait out the 20 minute timer.  (assuming the sanity-loss from such a trio didn't kill off everyone anyway -- which it won't if they're vets)

Archived