Poll for hopefully bringing the SW cast to DST someday?

The Polls  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SW cast be added to DST?

I wouldn't want SW content coming into DST because SW content was solely worked on and intended for singleplayer. If you were to put SW in DST just for the sake of having it all together, there would be almost no reason to play singleplayer anymore. Don't Starve Together already has more things content wise. A New Reign was like Don't Starve's Shiprecked because it added in new content, and there are already things like Warly and Wilbur mods that I myself don't approve of having in the workshop because its basically like torrenting dlc content from another game.

I'm actually curious what Klei thinks about this.

3 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

except it would be only in caves/ruins which makes more sense

But that only really gives him a perk half the time and you would want to go anyway for the treasure buff
plus it would be harder then any other charcter  it would really be friendly to players that can't run caves either.

Just now, Donke60 said:

But that only really gives him a perk half the time and you would want to go anyway for the treasure buff
plus it would be harder then any other charcter  it would really be friendly to players that can't run caves either.

Maybe, but it would look better to have Ornate and Skull chests appearing around the Caves for treasure.

Just now, SuperPsiPower said:

I wouldn't want SW content coming into DST because SW content was solely worked on and intended for singleplayer. If you were to put SW in DST just for the sake of having it all together, there would be almost no reason to play singleplayer anymore. Don't Starve Together already has more things content wise. A New Reign was like Don't Starve's Shiprecked because it added in new content, and there are already things like Warly and Wilbur mods that I myself don't approve of having in the workshop because its basically like torrenting dlc content from another game.

I'm actually curious what Klei thinks about this.

This is a good point. As someone who is very much a singleplayer person, I still feel bitter that multiplayer gets all the good stuff. 

Alright, I've been thinking, due to the general opinion of the forum being 50/50 on the matter of the cast, how about just Warly? How many of you would sign (and by that I mean vote on these forums)  a petition (and by this I mean another poll) of sorts for Warly? He works in RoG, he's one of the more liked of the cast, fits in decently, and would be way more useful in DST then he ever was in SW. If so, I may make a new thread in a few days for this, because I'm going to leave for a few days for "reasons".

3 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

This is a good point. As someone who is very much a singleplayer person, I still feel bitter that multiplayer gets all the good stuff. 

Yeah we all bitter

3 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

Maybe, but it would look better to have Ornate and Skull chests appearing around the Caves for treasure.

Are you just asking for a reskin at this point?

2 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

Alright, I've been thinking, due to the general opinion of the forum being 50/50 on the matter of the cast, how about just Warly? How many of you would sign (and by that I mean vote on these forums)  a petition of sorts for Warly? He works in RoG, he's one of the more liked of the cast, fits in decently, and would be way more useful in DST then he ever was in SW. If so, I may make a new thread in a few days for this, because I'm going to leave for a few days for "reasons".

I didn't play him much, so correct me if I´m wrong, don´t most of his recipes require ingredients from SW?

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I didn't play him much, so correct me if I´m wrong, aren´t most of his recipes requires ingredients from SW?

Two out of four of the recipes were SW exclusive, but I imagine it be easy enough to swap those out if it meant at least getting him in the game.

I didn't play him much, so correct me if I´m wrong, don´t most of his recipes require ingredients from SW?

Two do but can change the recipe the only thing really differnt about his from normal recipes is the inclusion of eggs.
and crepes

3 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

Alright, I've been thinking, due to the general opinion of the forum being 50/50 on the matter of the cast, how about just Warly? How many of you would sign (and by that I mean vote on these forums)  a petition (and by this I mean another poll) of sorts for Warly? He works in RoG, he's one of the more liked of the cast, fits in decently, and would be way more useful in DST then he ever was in SW. If so, I may make a new thread in a few days for this, because I'm going to leave for a few days for "reasons".

Warly is my favorite character, I enjoy and love him. However I love the other 3 as well. It doesn't seem fair to leave three of the characters out.

Obviously, Warly's not getting in either with them or without but still. Those are just my thoughts. ...I want Warly character skins but I'd still crave to see Walani Wilbur and Woodlegs skins too! Equality!

10 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

This was the backward attitude that a number of people had on the forums.  I'm glad that you're still salty about it though.

3 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

Two out of four of the recipes were SW exclusive, but I imagine it be easy enough to swap those out if it meant at least getting him in the game.

Honestly, I can´t think of anything wrong with DST gameplay. Lorewise, it can work too.

The only characters I have issues with is Walani (which I think everyone hates anyway) and Woodlegs (if he didn't have his boat).

So you have my blessing ;) 

Also, if you are gonna do it, I would add Wilbur with Warlaly. I think those two in DST would make sense. I just realised how nice it would be in PVP servers to be able to outrun Wolfgangs that are on killing frenzies. 

3 minutes ago, CheeseNuggets101 said:

Warly is my favorite character, I enjoy and love him. However I love the other 3 as well. It doesn't seem fair to leave three of the characters out.

Obviously, Warly's not getting in either with them or without but still. Those are just my thoughts. ...I want Warly character skins but I'd still crave to see Walani Wilbur and Woodlegs skins too! Equality!

I see your concern, but if I can gather enough support for Warly, maybe the others could follow if people end up liking him. The likely case is that this all amounts to nothing in the end, but seeing as how Klei pays good attention to the community, I see there may be a small chance that this could all do something. Probably not what we want though, maybe at most we'll get in-game skins for T-shirts with Warly's head on them.

2 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Honestly, I can´t think of anything wrong with DST gameplay. Lorewise, it can work too.

The only characters I have issues with is Walani (which I think everyone hates anyway) and Woodlegs (if he didn't have his boat).

So you have my blessing ;) 

Also, if you are gonna do it, I would add Wilbur with Warlaly. I think those two in DST would make sense. I just realised how nice it would be in PVP servers to be able to outrun Wolfgangs that are on killing frenzies. 

I'll throw in Wilbur just for you and all those mains out there, I'll get to making the post on Monday.

Honestly I can see everyone work in and RoG setting except Walnini

Having Woodlegs spawn tresure and have an arua that increases the lootables of chests so he would still have a pirate sense though he would not have a boat because of limitations. Though I can see him with a viking skin heheh.

though from what I've seen modders do for walnini is make her board into a sanity station which isn't a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

I see your concern, but if I can gather enough support for Warly, maybe the others could follow if people end up liking him. The likely case is that this all amounts to nothing in the end, but seeing as how Klei pays good attention to the community, I see there may be a small chance that this could all do something. Probably not what we want though, maybe at most we'll get in-game skins for T-shirts with Warly's head on them.

I'll throw in Wilbur just for you and all those mains out there, I'll get to making the post on Monday.

Also, and to make this fair, how about the characters are only available to people who own Shipwrecked. 

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Also, and to make this fair, how about the characters are only available to people who own Shipwrecked. 

I think that part should be up to Klei. Anyway I have to go now so I'm not gonna be back till Monday, see you then.

IDK look how much the skin exclusity is causing people its not like Kiel went "If you don't have RoG you can't play Webber and Wigfrid" thats a fire waiting to burst if thats done.

10 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

The only characters I have issues with is Walani (which I think everyone hates anyway)

3df8e5f88d.jpg

6 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

maybe at most we'll get in-game skins for T-shirts with Warly's head on them.

I would be okay with this.

2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Honestly I can see everyone work in and RoG setting except Walnini

Having Woodlegs spawn tresure and have an arua that increases the lootables of chests so he would still have a pirate sense though he would not have a boat because of limitations. Though I can see him with a viking skin heheh.

though from what I've seen modders do for walnini is make her board into a sanity station which isn't a bad idea.

I honestly, I don't understand why Woodlegs just can't have a boat in DST. Just for transportation purposes. Take his cannon away, cause that would be too OP.

The surfboard as a sanity station suck IMO.

5 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

IDK look how much the skin exclusity is causing people its not like Kiel went "If you don't have RoG you can't play Webber and Wigfrid" thats a fire waiting to burst if thats done.

Or make them unlock-able somehow.

I mean, if people want new updates, they can´t expect Klei to keep putting out updates for free right?

Archived