Storage management

I would also suggest adding a contaminated organic category to put the slime and contaminated dirt into instead of having them grouped up with the other organic material in storage containers. I mention this because i always have containers set to only carry the contaminated organics set off in a different room because they produce contaminated oxygen that would need to be filtered.

This would make it so you can just check the contaminated organic box instead of having to go and find every organic that produces contaminated oxygen and checking those.

Just something that I think would make this part of the game less time consuming.

Some time ago I proposed at least to split the 'All' category into 'volatile' and 'non-volatile', I believe it would solve the most basic problems with the storage. Some people would definitely like categories but I think they might be overkill as in most cases it's irrelevant where the thing is stored, the only things that cause problems are volatile substances like slime, polluted dirt, ice, or bleach stone and there is just a few of them and don't need that many containers in total.

I would love a resource transport system though, where you connect two containers with a kind of pipe and can then pick from any of them whatever is stored in any other of them.

Archived