[Game Update] - 214001

26 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We have been talking about making changes for a long long time - However, there is only so much time to develop things. ANR took a significant amount of effort and the moment that it was "out the door" so to speak, these changes were being made.

The thing is, like always; we try not to say anything about something until it's ready and we know for sure it's going to happen as we think it will. This was the team's highest priority post ANR, so now It's ready! =)

will the revival of mandrakes be looked into? 

Spoiler

<3

• Like 5

2 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Vote window will now show the name of the player that initiated the vote request.
  • Votes can only be initiated by Players who have survived a minimum of 20 days, or the oldest Player if nobody meets that requirement.
  • Vote kicks will still be carried out even if the target client is no longer online by the end of the vote.
  • Bone armor will now shield against Earthquake and Cave-in debris.
  • Updated /yawn and /sleepy emote animations for mounted Players.
  • Mounted Players will now also bow to the Bee Queen Crown.
  • One-man Band no longer lowers dapperness for your own pets.
  • Willow is now less prone to dropping below freezing temperature from her insanity chills.
  • Tumbleweeds and Crumpled Packages will no longer drop Unknown Blueprints.
  • Fixed bug where Wee MacTusk did not drop loot.
  • Fixed bug where Sand Spikes and Sand Castles can be burnt repeatedly.
  • Fixed bug where the Bug Net could sometimes catch dead bugs.
  • Fixed bug where Lucy did not remember the possessed Axe’s original durability after shutting down and resuming a world.
  • Fixed bug where Players are sometimes listed as choosing their character when they are entering or exiting the Caves.
  • Fixed death announcement when a Player is electrocuted by a charged Volt Goat.

View full update

IMG_3543.PNG

Greatest news i've heard in a long time.

• Like 12

yeah I know, the vote system has been improved, hooray!, now let's keep talking about willow, she deserves love too, will she able to fight the ancient fuel weaver now?, she needs a lot more work to be better than Wes

Edited by Rily
  • Like 2

So it seems like it's physically impossible to freeze from Willow's insanity chills during Autumn unless the player is wet.

Willow's sanity chills lower her body temperature between 1* - 20* when her sanity goes below 35%. (42 for Willow)

Previously if the world's temperature was at say 10* Willow's sanity chills would bring her temperature down to -10* if she was at 0 sanity. After this update her sanity chills will still go down 20* but will refuse to go any lower than 1* meaning that she doesn't freeze from sanity chills during Autumn. However if the player is wet at all the chills caused by wetness will bring the body temperature down below freezing.

Basically the change kept the rain vulnerability and the slight Summer advantage but removed the random freezing in Autumn and Spring.

Also here's the new mounted /sleepy and /yawn animations.

Edited by Weird Wanderer
  • Like 15

44 minutes ago, Weird Wanderer said:

So it seems like it's physically impossible to freeze from Willow's insanity chills during Autumn unless the player is wet.

Willow's sanity chills lower her body temperature between 1* - 20* when her sanity goes below 35%. (42 for Willow)

Previously if the world's temperature was at say 10* Willow's sanity chills would bring her temperature down to -10* if she was at 0 sanity. After this update her sanity chills will still go down 20* but will refuse to go any lower than 1* meaning that she doesn't freeze from sanity chills during Autumn. However if the player is wet at all the chills caused by wetness will bring the body temperature down below freezing.

Basically the change kept the rain vulnerability and the slight Summer advantage but removed the random freezing in Autumn and Spring.

Also here's the new mounted /sleepy and /yawn animations.

I can't express how happy this small update makes me, I'm so glad I'm no longer going to be punished for not carrying a thermal into the caves in autumn.

Also, adorable video, oh my gosh!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shosuko said:

Wee Mactusk was supposed to drop loot o_O

He never dropped anything for me, I had no idea this was a bug.

I just thought it was a way for Klei to shame you for murdering father and son...

Oh well, at least we can feast on both of them now!

• Like 7

Finally can play on a public server and dont have to worry that a couple of new players join (no not the griefer ones) that think "hey, a regen would be nice" and then the progress is gone. Thank you very much for this update :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

20160619-Fighting corrupted forums.gif

battling the double posts with lone fish.png

&amp;amp;lt;img class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" data-extension="core_Attachment" data-fileid="82521" src="//forums.kleicdn.com/monthly_2016_07/578c3938c0d46_battlingthedoublepostswithlonefish.png.d283cd8c2d4b37347a0667d5c2d86187.png" alt="battling the double posts with lone fish.png"/&amp;amp;gt;

Wait a minute I just realized that I just posted something twice because I thought I hadn't said it... sorry false alarm 

5 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Vote window will now show the name of the player that initiated the vote request.
  • Votes can only be initiated by Players who have survived a minimum of 20 days, or the oldest Player if nobody meets that requirement.
  • Vote kicks will still be carried out even if the target client is no longer online by the end of the vote.

Clouds face

image.jpg

HaHa! In your face prick! Thanks a lot guys, especially JoeW and to a secret player for reaching out to you, for finally nailing the coffin on this annoying issue.

• Like 14

Just because of this update we should make a server and have Wes inflate a lot of balloons then have Willow burn them without anybody kicking anyone, lmao.

Good job and thanks as always, Klei.

Now make tick rate 60 by default!

• Like 2

And again Klei doesn't let us down. The community must be a little bit more patient when it's about game updates. They are a small team, just have faith. Few gaming companies in the current year listen to the community feedback. Good job, Klei !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, V2C said:

Tumbleweeds and Crumpled Packages will no longer drop Unknown Blueprints.

Oh thanks, I was getting bored with all of these...

By the way, if I get an Unknown Blueprint, I got it because there isn't any recipe that I could learn, or why? Never really understood, as sometimes I got these even if I didn't learn everything yet. 

And of course, I love the changes about the voting system and Willow, can't wait to try them!

I also like the mounted emotes. Will we get the mounted /sit and /squat emotes too, please? (I can imagine how one would look squatting on a beefalo... :p)

• Like 2