ONI Oxygen Spreading

I like the tight pressurised rooms approach myself. Just a preference. But this is a bit too air tight. You'll need some way to remove CO2 in those rooms. Or does it all tend to be forced in to that central ladder shaft?

4 hours ago, Moggles said:

I like the tight pressurised rooms approach myself. Just a preference. But this is a bit too air tight. You'll need some way to remove CO2 in those rooms. Or does it all tend to be forced in to that central ladder shaft?

The CO2 just disapear if there is enough Oxygen pressure ^^

No carbon dioxide.. yet, until that one defiant block manages to survive and begins to absorb more and more.  I think the hydrogen in the other example all rises to that spot where all the red can be seen collected, and is pumped (?) To a hydrogen genny maybe?

2 hours ago, _FrostyFoxy said:

But Still you have the problem with the Hydrogen ^^

Not at all. The red dots you see around the base are carbon dioxide packets breathed out by my dupes. If you check the image, two electrolyzers are way up below the roof, out of the way. And there is one pump at the top and every once in a while it tastes the air and pumps any hydrogen it finds to hydrogen generators that help powering the base.

Can't look at the map right now, but had a question.

Now, I've been playing the game straight up, no debug, so learning about things as they come. I had come to an idea similar to this (Mostly because I put some electrolyzers in the open, and upon seeing the hydrogen I figured I needed a better approach to filter that and use it) in that I put a pair of electrolyzers in a room and an air pump, filtering hydrogen to one side and pushing the oxygen along a tube that I drove through several vents.

Now, to my surprise, because I thought that the vents might have a very limited output capacity (actually I thought I generated more oxygen from just one electrolyzer), all the oxygen  was dumped on the first vent . Is there a way to balance the load (aside using a valve), or in the idea as shown on the first post it's working on the basis that one room becomes filled up to pressure limit, then the next, then the other and so on?

9 minutes ago, Komi Neko said:

Now, to my surprise, because I thought that the vents might have a very limited output capacity (actually I thought I generated more oxygen from just one electrolyzer), all the oxygen  was dumped on the first vent . Is there a way to balance the load (aside using a valve), or in the idea as shown on the first post it's working on the basis that one room becomes filled up to pressure limit, then the next, then the other and so on?

A vent will block if the air pressure on it is 2000 g of gas or more. Otherwise it will release any packet that comes to it.

If you put an input port (the green one) of something (including a vent) straight on the pipe, it will grab any packet of liquid or gas that comes under it as long as it is able to process it.

To balance the distribution, you need to split the pipe before you connect it to input ports. Each split will alternate the packets between its output branches, 2-way split will alternate between the two, 3-way split will alternate between the three. That means, getting balanced distribution over more than two outputs may be tricky as you cannot just route the pipe around the outputs and make a 2-way split at each of them, the first one would get 1/2, second 1/4, etc. 

12 minutes ago, Moggles said:

Out of these venting layouts am I right in thinking that setup C is the most fairly distributed for 4 vents?

C is only rearrangement of B so B and C are the same.

1 minute ago, _FrostyFoxy said:

i just did it like in setup A and everything works ._:

It certainly works in the sense that each vent gets some gas. But unless they're blocked by pressure and the pipe gets full, the first vent gets 1/2 of all gas, the second gets 1/4, and the last two get 1/8 each.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

It certainly works in the sense that each vent gets some gas. But unless they're blocked by pressure and the pipe gets full, the first vent gets 1/2 of all gas, the second gets 1/4, and the last two get 1/8 each.

didn't thought about that :o well i guess you're right ^^ so i should change the pipe system ._.

1 minute ago, _FrostyFoxy said:

didn't thought about that :o well i guess you're right ^^ so i should change the pipe system ._.

All the vents in your screenshot are overpressured. That suggests the pipe is full and there's some air waiting at each vent. You don't need to change your piping as long as you keep your rooms pressurized.

I'm rather surprised you don't have problem with CO2. It doesn't look like it has somewhere to go.

15 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

C is only rearrangement of B so B and C are the same.

Thanks that make sense. B isn't too bad on space either.

6 minutes ago, _FrostyFoxy said:

it just disapears if the is to much oxygen ^^ i realy don't know why but it does xD

It honestly looks like it is just pooling at the bottom of the ladder. The lowest part of the base, I guess the extreme pressure is forcing it down there?

I'd have to try the layout myself on a non debug world.

I ran your save for a few cycles and noticed that the lower 6 vents are not connected to the gas pump and you have quantities of hundreds or sometimes thousands of Kg oxygen which is normally not possible? The highest pressure I have reached in a clean sealed room on a non debug world was around 2000g.

6 hours ago, Kasuha said:

A vent will block if the air pressure on it is 2000 g of gas or more. Otherwise it will release any packet that comes to it.

If you put an input port (the green one) of something (including a vent) straight on the pipe, it will grab any packet of liquid or gas that comes under it as long as it is able to process it.

To balance the distribution, you need to split the pipe before you connect it to input ports. Each split will alternate the packets between its output branches, 2-way split will alternate between the two, 3-way split will alternate between the three. That means, getting balanced distribution over more than two outputs may be tricky as you cannot just route the pipe around the outputs and make a 2-way split at each of them, the first one would get 1/2, second 1/4, etc. 

Can't you use valves to ensure even distribution?

Is it enough with just 1 pump? I usually just make an airtight 4x4 room with 1 electrolyzer and 2 pumps. Since electrolyzer generates oxygen and hydrogen at much faster rate than pumps, it usually just stops pumping because of max gas pressure.

Archived