Moving the server from C:\Users\Name\MyDocuments\Klei

I've moved the server from the original location to another partition on the same HDD due to the low space, but when I started the server it said ''E_INVALID_TOKEN''. Do I need to move something else from MyDocuments to make the server work ?

I don't think you can store your data outside of the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder. The disk requirement for servers is very low (a single shard save will generally be around 3MB or less), however rollback points do add to this. You can use the max_snapshots key under [MISC] in your cluster.ini to cut down a little. Alternatively, you can move your whole Documents folder to a new location: right-click on your Documents folder -> Properties -> Location tab -> Move... button.

32 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

I don't think you can store your data outside of the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder. The disk requirement for servers is very low (a single shard save will generally be around 3MB or less), however rollback points do add to this. You can use the max_snapshots key under [MISC] in your cluster.ini to cut down a little. Alternatively, you can move your whole Documents folder to a new location: right-click on your Documents folder -> Properties -> Location tab -> Move... button.

Last time when I checked the size, it was about 15 mb or something, and I had like 20 days survived. I'm little worried since it's C:\ driver with Windows system. Also there is the possibility to add more space if I survive 1,000 days lets say.

Can't say for sure, but I doubt the cluster would double its size over time. You'd need to create a lot of new complex entities (multiple components that need to save a lot of data).

Moving the Documents folder location should be fine, else Windows wouldn't offer the possibility. Programs should never look for files directly in C:\Users\CURRENTUSER\Documents or anything like that, but instead %USERPROFILE%\Documents. I just checked (Win8.1), if you type in the address bar %USERPROFILE%\Documents you are redirected to wherever you have set your Documents folder, even if it's on a different drive, so programs won't have an issue with it either. And there's a "Restore Default" button for your Documents folder location, should you have any issue.

Archived