Quick/Small Modding help with Durability

Evening DST community, i have a little question and help request. I know that there alot of stuff out to look up and i also can just look on the vanilla files, but until i figured it out im probably 20 years older :P. So im asking kindly if somehow willing to quick help.

I want simply edit the durability of the compass for me and my friends in a small seperate mod.I assume that i probably need to just change an singel entry but from previous long ago experience it never worked out how i imaged when i tried to edit stuff in the DST code.

Best Regards.

19 minutes ago, Lumina said:

The line is :

COMPASS_FUEL = day_time * 4,

Maybe you could simply set an higher number for this line in a modmain.lua and see if it works ?

Sure will test it out thank u Lumina =)

23 minutes ago, Lumina said:

See there how to obtain a log and post it. There is probably something missing, maybe a local or a global or something like this, but it will help to have the log in any case.

Well apparently it wasnt a crash in usally way it was just a CTD without any logs or crash info, when i tried to pick a charackter.

Edited by Deathlord Avon

1 hour ago, SuperDavid said:

Here this will make the compass have double the durability, if you want more or less than that then change "2" inside the modmain.lua of the mod, hjaeve fun :D!

durable compass.zip

Oh my m8 ur a lifesaver when Lumina send me code above i was diggin more into compass and wasnt sure if i should use that line or not but apparently it was right and u proved it. Will testing it in a bit but im sure it will work tho Thanks already :p

Best Regards

On 20.4.2017 at 2:31 PM, SuperDavid said:

Here this will make the compass have double the durability, if you want more or less than that then change "2" inside the modmain.lua of the mod, hjaeve fun :D!

durable compass.zip

@SuperDavid
Suddenly it crashes when i play with more people, playing alone works totally fine but as soon i spawn a compass when 1 more is with me it crashes out wasnt able to read the crash yet to fast faded away, but and rough ideas ? Will reproduce the error later when my friend is up tho.

EDIT : i rechecked now and it seems as soon as i add Caves to the world it crashes me out with this error suddenly.

Best Regards

fannt.png

Edited by Deathlord Avon

The mod is "all_clients_require_mod = true", so the compass function runs on clients (people joining cave servers).

The fueled component doesn't exist on clients, and you end up indexing a nil of a table.

Either turn the client requirement to false, or add a check

AddPrefabPostInit("compass", function(inst)
	if inst.components.fueled then
		-- do fueled thing
	end
end)

to verify that the component exists.

1 hour ago, DarkXero said:

The mod is "all_clients_require_mod = true", so the compass function runs on clients (people joining cave servers).

The fueled component doesn't exist on clients, and you end up indexing a nil of a table.

Either turn the client requirement to false, or add a check

AddPrefabPostInit("compass", function(inst)
	if inst.components.fueled then
		-- do fueled thing
	end
end)

to verify that the component exists.

That clears alot up thank u Hero :p

Best regards