Server ping displayed as "???"

Hello

I have just rented a server at Nitrado, and seeing how their support is garbage, I decided to ask the questions here.

Before anyone tells me, yeah, I know their service is garbage as well. I didn't realize it until I googled for the primary question solution. Can't refund it anyway, so might as well search for help here.

I have searched for many solutions, but none so far have helped me. In the attachment below you can see what the server ping shows. Me, and any other players that were in server had no connectivity issues so far. I wouldn't mind it so much, if it wouldn't put my server to the bottom of the search list, leaving it empty most of the time.

What are the possible solutions to this?

20170415215201_1.jpg

Bump!

I tried doing the port forwarding for port 10999 as the guides told, but that was useless for me.

Next i tried to open up the ports for my "Master" and my "Caves" server.ini ports, but that didn't work either

I even made sure that all the programs are running as administrator and allowed by the Windows Firewall. I would like to know how to fix this too :confused:

EDIT: actually for some reason the "Public port range" goes back to 10899 even if i type in 10999 for some reason. This is probably why it won't work for me, but i don't know how to force the router to stay on 10999

OHSPAGETT.PNG

And how is the connection?

I have a dedicated server hosted in a different pc and it always shows ???, I have this problem since the dedicated server tool came out and I never knew what was the problem, however I realized that there is no problem at all, when I'm in the server the ping is around 15 and 25 and for my friends is around 90 and 120, playable I think, we can't see the ping from the server list but that's all, the ping inside the server is good, I'll be here just in case that someone tell us more about this

Once people connect they can tell you the exact ping. My friends ping just 40 in my own personal server, but since it's a "???" server nobody will want to join it, which is a real shame because i have some nice ideas to play and sadly my friends can't always play with me 

On 4/21/2017 at 0:28 PM, Onetel21 said:

EDIT: actually for some reason the "Public port range" goes back to 10899 even if i type in 10999 for some reason. This is probably why it won't work for me, but i don't know how to force the router to stay on 10999

OHSPAGETT.PNG

@Onetel21,
You don't need to force it to stay on 10999, why don't you do the opposite? 
instead of forcing your router to make it stay on 10999, why don't you change the port your Master's server is using to 10899?
I think changing "server_port =" from "10999" to "10899" in your server's file should work
Here is where you can change your Master's port:
rbpkQVu.png

After changing, it should be "server_port = 10899"

Well, I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth trying (:
Also, if it doesn't work, you can just change it back to 10999.

Their servers are most likely blocking ICMP requests, most providers that do this do it to prevent ping floods. I don't know anything about how you turn this off with this specific provider, but once you do ping requests should work again just fine. You may not be able to depending on what provider it is--AWS is a poop about this.

Archived