Possibility of seeing Maxwell's older cast?

3 hours ago, Fork said:

Aren't the boons just dead Wilsons?

No not really though maxwell when he examines them hints at other "survivors" so there basically dead nameless people.

*Oh I remember that one."

4 hours ago, AncientFuelweaver said:

As in, the ones taken before Wilson. The boons in DS

For example:

Beefalo Tamer - Winnie?

Miner - Woodie alt?

Lumberjack

Perhaps even Webber before he was eaten, as it seems it went something like

>Dies

>Skull eaten by a spider

>Kill Spider

>Revive Webber

That wouldn't work as we see in I belive the First DST trailer all the characters come through the portal so they all have different worlds isolated from each other.

3 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

No not really though maxwell when he examines them hints at other "survivors" so there basically dead nameless people.

That's one way of interpreting the lines.

"Ha! I remember that one." - Maxwell.

"That one" may refer to "that survivor" as you think. 

Or 

"That one" as in "that death" as I think.

Pretty sure it's implied that Wilson was not the only one. 

ONE = "We're not so different, you and I.",
            TWO =
            {
                ONE = "That's why I brought you here.",
                TWO = "That's why I brought all of them here.",
            },
            THREE =
            {
                ONE = "Oh, did you think you were the first?",
                TWO = "HA!",
            },
            FOUR =
            {
                ONE = "It's just that...",
                TWO = "I've become accustomed to winning.",

(these strings are unused but I'm pretty sure they are related to stuff Klei hasn't told us yet, like why exactly Maxwell brought people from the mortal world to the shadow's realm.)

Whether he's talking about the main cast or other people is up for debate (Wilson was most likely the last one captured before Maxwell was freed). But you have to remember Maxwell was in the DS world for at least 20 years before he captured Wilson, it's very likely he captured people even outside of the cast we play as.

6 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

hello?

I like warly, yes. he's my main in single player. can...um...someone fill me in on the conversation?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

15 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

gotta love them sweetbreads :3

where is an evil Warly when you need it :(

14 minutes ago, jantonio said:

a warly main should be lurking here on the forums ;>

I always thought the skeletons laying around DS world were survivors that... didn't survive. And that Maxwell was bringing people in to free himself, seeing how miserable he looks when you find him on the throne. It felt to me that he makes himself to seem evil to tease you, manipulate you, to make you want to reach him and defeat him, since "If he brought me here, he's the only one who can send me back home". You don't know he's not the god of DS until you find him on the throne, trapped, hopeless and powerless.

Just now, Vixrotre said:

I always thought the skeletons laying around DS world were survivors that... didn't survive. And that Maxwell was bringing people in to free himself, seeing how miserable he looks when you find him on the throne. It felt to me that he makes himself to seem evil to tease you, manipulate you, to make you want to reach him and defeat him, since "If he brought me here, he's the only one who can send me back home". You don't know he's not the god of DS until you find him on the throne, trapped, hopeless and powerless.

Pretty sure Maxwell bring you for don't feel bored/help Them since he keep trying to make you don't come near him in adventure mode

Just now, Angibot said:

Pretty sure Maxwell bring you for don't feel bored/help Them since he keep trying to make you don't come near him in adventure mode

Idk, it always felt like a tease to me rather than him trying to stop you.

3 hours ago, Angibot said:

ah those I think any avid DS player has seen those I always envissioned that "Maxwell" an alter ego illusion not really him well not now anyway and just a copy the shadows made to despair youl.

EDIT or in adventur mode to stop you from reaching the throne room and releasing "their puppet"

15 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

just a copy the shadows made to despair youl.

That's what I'm thinking too. Kind of a shame the people who made this hasn't updated with contorted versions of the throne sitter yet. Might be a interesting idea to see the Triumphant skin actually have a purpose in single player mode.

Archived