Washer and Dryer

Ok, so what if we had washers and dryers in Don't Starve?

Recipe:

Washer:

- 2 gold

- 5 marble

Dryer:

- 2 gold

- 5 marble 

- 1 fire pit

The washer could only be used when it rains or snows and the dryer can only be used when it's sunny.

You can wash any piece of equipment, even tools and they get 2x their durability or something in that sense:

ex: logsuit before clean:

450 hp

logsuit  after clean:

900 hp 

They can be labeled as "Clean *name of equipment*

The dryer would be to dry the clothes. If the player doesn't have a dryer or doesn't dry the piece of equipment, the equipment will have a "wet bar" which will decrease over time but while the equipment is wet, it loses half its effect.

ex: dry nightmare amulet:

takes normal time to induce insanity

wet nightmare amulet:

takes 2x longer to induce insanity

The dryer would just be so the washer isn't too OP

Criticism Welcome!!!

I jsut see no point of the in the Washer as weapons breaking too incovenice you are a stress of a survival game so taking that away it would just be not fun.And durabity on tools is already pretty good and if its not it usaually has an upgrade. To make the durability not suck.

And wet items seem pointless well in this way anyway having wet items anyway damgaes your sanity by quite a bit and 
Your wetness menchanic would only make sense if the Washer and Dryer were implemented into the game. Which is just bad thinking you should revole your ideas on mechnics that already exist.

What if the washer wasn't for clothing, but for sanity. I think the washer should fill a charge when it rains, and then clean the character when used restoring sanity, but soaking them in the process. I don't know where a dryer would come in, but I like the aesthetics of a clothes line.

8 hours ago, Nickdy said:

What if the washer wasn't for clothing, but for sanity. I think the washer should fill a charge when it rains, and then clean the character when used restoring sanity, but soaking them in the process. I don't know where a dryer would come in, but I like the aesthetics of a clothes line.

That's a really cool idea maybe the dryer would be for... I got nothing but yeah

47 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Drying your clothes and giving you warm clothes warming you up for 3o seconds

I think there should be two dryers, one alchemy tier, and the other science machine tier.

Alchemy tier:(dehumidifier) fueled like a campfire, has an inventory inside it. Items are quickly dried. Provides a small amount of light.

Science machine tier: A clothes line (or a drying rack), made with sticks and rope. smaller inventory, dries slowly, requires no fuel.

This...sounds a bit out of place, really. The game seems to be set in the early 1900's, and I can't exactly recall if they had electric variants of these machines. From a gameplay mechanic, this seems like it would only encourage logsuit and football helmet use instead of upgrading eventually.

Not only that, but this is really giving me the vibe of a Minecraft mod that involves using a washer to repair items magically.

These combined factors personally make this more of a mod content thing than an official thing.

Archived