DST Forums Steam Group

10 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Would this server be tailored for any specific group or merely a general server that anyone is welcome to join for playing?

It would be better to leave the server closed to only members; to avoid harassment, antisocial people, so on.

The group could have another server designed to be open, but people should really have at least one where they will be safe from randoms.

9 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

SrCu8eT.png

Do what you want with this.

Will make a new one using this.

Do not appreciate  having to wade through all the Wilson x Maxwell soft yaoi looking for images damn it.

Cannot get it into paint without the background transparency being lost, here.

9d4c36b7a9ddf89c11c228e233f142f5 (1).gif

Save or copy this into whatever image software you got, can put the letters in that way.

5 minutes ago, The Curator said:

It would be better to leave the server closed to only members; to avoid harassment, antisocial people, so on.

The group could have another server designed to be open, but people should really have at least one where they will be safe from randoms.

Do not appreciate  having to wade through all the Wilson x Maxwell soft yaoi looking for images damn it.

Save or copy this into whatever image software you got, can put the letters in that way.

Maybe we should change the background, I think it would be too dark, and the letters would be hard to see. Maybe the classic red sketchy background?

dsred.png

6 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

Now, once we get that banner up, I will make the steam group. On who's computer will we run the server on?

Should probably be an American unless the majority is else where. Otherwise, just whoever has a good connection.

The name could be like

Go With The Beefaflow - Klei Forum Official Server

3 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

Maybe we should change the background, I think it would be too dark, and the letters would be hard to see. Maybe the classic red sketchy background?

Yeah that would be fine. Although Donke60 is right the purple would suit it more.

Another thing is, if you could cut out the image of Maxwell from the one shown; you could put him into that new one.

7 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Okie Dokie. I don't have proper editing software, I am just using online resources, so don't expect anything grand.

3 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

While I am working on the banner, can we see which one of us has the best connection and computer for running the server?

People who live in cities typically have the highest priority connection.

Have never, 300KB.s download speed on average, so am unaware of the average internet speeds for normal connections.

Is up to the people who have decent connections, perhaps you if so.

2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

this one or have it be Offical Maxwell's Demon server

Go With The Beefaflow - Maxwell's Demons Official Server.

Will attempt to come up with other pun names for any additional servers.

1 minute ago, Tylordian said:

Are we going to make it a pub server or just for the people in the group? I think that would effect our name.

The main server should be group only to ensure an optimal community and safety rate.

My internet speed is 68.4 megabits per second download. I am in a family of 6, we each use technology daily. Right now, when I am posting this, 4 extra people are using technology when I was testing. So 10 people, including me, were using technology. I should have a nice connection average. The only problem might be my computer power, if the server runs on that.

Go With The Beefaflow

Bunnyman Bazaar

Never Give Up, Gnome Matter What

Not The Bees

4 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

I can't find any good maxwell images for the centerpiece, any recommendations? @The Curators original image didn't work, because I can't crop out that Maxwell from the rest of the different shades of black with my resources.

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

Mr_Skits_+_Terrorbeak_in_the_William_Carter.png

Limited options.

Could use this if you changed the colour of your letters, or gave them a different coloured outline.

2 minutes ago, ThemInspectors said:

I could in theory host it. I have a powerful machine that is quite fast. I do have experience running servers (OpanexDST is the one I host) although my Upload speed is ~6mb/sec and my download is ~13mb/sec so I could in theory.

Can keep you in mind if Tylordian isn't able to host, or if we end up having more then one server if the group begins to get large.

Archived