We need to do something about Vote Kicking.

So basically long story short a group of Willows are enjoying their time joining random servers and kicking everyone without penalty.

I won't reveal their usernames for the sake of their identity, as much of a pain in the ass as they are.

What I'm trying to get at here, maybe we should do something about the vote kick feature, it's ruining legit DST worlds with randoms.

We should have it so that every person is limited to 1 - 2 votes, or have it when someone votes to kick and fails, they are set on a cooldown.

I dunno, I'm just tired of having to quit the server everytime these three Willow's join.

Klei is too busy not porting the Rose Collection, not reopening their store, not fixing Willow and not releasing Winona to deal with such a petty issue as their game being one of the most exploitable and toxic seen here.

Have played many multiplayer games. Have never, ever seen one that made players more susceptible to abuse and less liable to punishment for abusive behavior then in this game. It is an utter joke how poorly designed the voting system is, and at this point the developers should halt whatever damn thing they are working on and just fix this. As bad as the two year long Willow nerf is, the fact that malicious players run rampant all over official servers and nothing is being done about it is an embarrassment to their name and a blatant testament to their ineptitude as developers.

Instead of taking an hour or two every week to host a stream to make your community feel more connected to you Klei, how about you use that time to make basic quality-of-life tweaks to your abomination of the voting system so the community can feel more connected to your game.

Honestly the forum community should start their own Steam group, and whatever members that can afford it can donate the cash so the group could cumulatively pay to rent a server or two that can be moderated by elected admins. Or something, anything other then having to rely on random brand-name Steam groups or the Officially Terrible servers. 

What say you, crowd of people not reading this.

The 3 repeated troll Willows are Kondorriano/VORON_VRB/treshiko/Pwk, Goat/Woodie/Star/Cloud/Door/Jelly and Myst/Lie/Purple/Clouds/Lilu. And there are 3 more also repeat troll offenders, playing mostly Webber this time, namely Goats/S.atan/I have 1 Lucy the axe, Terra/Not a robot/Bunnyash and Chickaty milk?/Climed-up-the-Water-Spout/Incey-Wincey-Spider. The last group has another 4th 'proud member', GameOver. All these bundles of wonder and joy go on official Klei servers, start kick-votes till the number of players is trimmed down, then reset server and just leave. And they do this for several months now plus when they go into their "trolling sessions" they do so for HOURS. I can also provide their Steam's and DST's IDs as I did in a previous post (that was predictably taken down) - I have them in my blocked users list; it doesn't matter if they change their nicks, and they do so a lot per trolling account I am sure - plus in this case I don't care about "naming and shaming" policy because this trolling madness is beyond any kind of understanding and Klei seems to just ignore said problem.

More on this matter HERE.

Naming and shaming on the forum is against the rules, and won't help anyway as anyone can pick a name they want. But if you truly want to find who are they, meaning find their steam profile, from menu go to History and then click on Encounters.

Edit: Typo.

On 4/14/2017 at 5:08 PM, wosg3 said:

Hey, I was kicked by those same willow's earlier, on Klei "The Stinking Merm" server. I'd say their usernames, but I forgot...

We're not allowed to say for privacy reasons through the forums.

On 4/14/2017 at 5:02 PM, The Curator said:

Honestly the forum community should start their own Steam group, and whatever members that can afford it can donate the cash so the group could cumulatively pay to rent a server or two that can be moderated by elected admins. Or something, anything other then having to rely on random brand-name Steam groups or the Officially Terrible servers. 

What say you, crowd of people not reading this.

I completely agree with the rest of your post, however bitter, except for this part. A few of the reasons I play I often play on Klei servers are the low ping, relatively low player count, vanilla world generation and lack of server side mods. One or two servers won't cover everyone, it just couldn't.

I'm one of those people that are "amassing a blacklist" but if the person that is causing this vote kicking is the same Clouds fella then we already have a bunch of his steam profiles, most likely even the ones that he's (I'm saying a he cos only a guy could be so bitter and find joy in other people tears, most likely he has been abused as a kid by an uncle or by a bully at school or something like this) using right now. Unfortunatelly we can't do squat with the info we got on Klei's official servers as they aren't moderated and as was suggested lots of times in the past don't play on Klei's public servers as bad this may sound.

16 minutes ago, cezarica said:

I'm one of those people that are "amassing a blacklist" but if the person that is causing this vote kicking is the same Clouds fella then we already have a bunch of his steam profiles, most likely even the ones that he's (I'm saying a he cos only a guy could be so bitter and find joy in other people tears, most likely he has been abused as a kid by an uncle or by a bully at school or something like this) using right now. Unfortunatelly we can't do squat with the info we got on Klei's official servers as they aren't moderated and as was suggested lots of times in the past don't play on Klei's public servers as bad this may sound.

Though I do play on Klei servers, I wouldn't recommend playing on Klei servers if the player has other servers nearby. It's not bad to advise players to steer clear of a server where a broken system allows griefing and harassment.

4 minutes ago, cezarica said:

I'm saying a he cos only a guy could be so bitter and find joy in other people tears

I'm sorry, but this just simply is not true. I'd rather not go into details, but I know for a fact that women can be equally bitter and capable of needless acts of spite. Humanity as a whole, regardless of gender, is capable of many, terrible things...

Just be thankful this is only ruining your gaming experience, and not trying to ruin every aspect of your life. So please, let's not start a gender war by assuming only men are capable of such malicious acts. Literally anyone is capable of it.

9 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm sorry, but this just simply is not true. I'd rather not go into details, but I know for a fact that women can be equally bitter and capable of needless acts of spite. Humanity as a whole, regardless of gender, is capable of many, terrible things...

Just be thankful this is only ruining your gaming experience, and not trying to ruin every aspect of your life. So please, let's not start a gender war by assuming only men are capable of such malicious acts. Literally anyone is capable of it.

Doesn't matter if is a he or she, what matters is, if is the same/1 person with multiple accounts, we have here a genuine insane individual whose toxic conduct is tolerated by Klei.

1 minute ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Doesn't matter if is a he or she, what matters is, if is the same/1 person with multiple accounts, we have here a genuine insane person whose toxic conduct is tolerated by Klei.

And with that, I agree with. I just don't think that it's a healthy mindset to think only men would be capable of such toxicity. Personal experience has shown me that anyone can inflict harm for no good reason.

I won't get into arguing on what gender is more prone to toxic behavior cos there's no point into it. From the list of profiles xxVERSUSxy was kind enough to share 3 out of 4 Willow players are known to belong to Clouds and the Webber players are new. Nevertheless added them to the list.

I admit I also play on Klei servers from time to time. I understand the majority is saying ''don't play on Klei's servers'', the main reason I play on these servers is that I want to meet new players, possibly become friends with some of them or learn new strategies. Why should we avoid these servers when Klei can simply disable the votes. I mean there are solutions for this situation. I've met wonderful players by entering in these ''unmoderated'' servers. A simple no life troll should not stop us from playing where we want to play.

4 minutes ago, cezarica said:

the Webber players are new. Nevertheless added them to the list.

If that can make his list look more legitimate, i'll add that i do not know xxVersusxy but have the webbers (though when i come accross them usually they don't play Webber) he called out on a list since december, along with 2 names he did not mention.

PM me with the profile ID's or even better the Klei unique ones if you got them and willing to share.

If they said something in chat then look inside My Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_chat_log.txt if the event happened today, if not look in backup/client_chat_log/ folder at the log file corespoinding the date it happened and should find their Klei unique Id's before their name, for example: [xx:xx:xx]: [Say] (KU_xxx) Player: said something

Unfortunately my backup file only goes back to april 1st. That C******* milk guy xxVERSUSxy listed is actually one of the 2 players i thought he did not mention, turns out he just changed his nickname and i did not notice. Probably the same thing for the second guy, since i can't even find him via steam now.

1 hour ago, cezarica said:

Naming and shaming on the forum is against the rules, and won't help anyway as anyone can pick a name they want.

Wait, what? First you go and remind everyone about the rules for naming and shaming, but then...

1 hour ago, cezarica said:

I'm one of those people that are "amassing a blacklist"

40 minutes ago, cezarica said:

PM me with the profile ID's or even better the Klei unique ones if you got them and willing to share.

...you go and do exactly that behind their backs? What was even the point of that if you're the one encouraging the naming and shaming? I'm very confused by this.

Naming and shaming on the forum is against the rules.

You missed the bolded part.

I haven't shared any of the names, steam profile ID's on even the Klei's unique ID's on the forum for public view, but had a private conversation regarding them. What would have been the difference if we talked via steam or any other means? The idea was not to share stuff in public, not in private.

Like i said in another topic, the blacklist i maintain is more of a heads-up service and not a name and shame in private. You won't see me or anyone else with whom I may happen to share the list in private getting on their steam profiles and start cussing or stuff like that.

This is beyond the purpose of the list, but if you are willing to do that then good luck with profiles set to private.

Thanks for second confirmation asdrub43l. Had a private conversation with xxVERSUSxy and he gave logs that backed his claims even further than was needed. I doubt for one these pricks will get on community dedicated serves, cos they know they are moderated and vote kick is disabled, so they proly stick with klei's servers that unfortunatelly aren't moderated. :S

I played yesterday for the first time in many months and was amazed to see that this is still a plague. Votes are spammed all over the place I just couldn't focus on the game.

Good news is there's this one server called "Survival without votes for fun", it was the extreme opposite experience, I'll stick with this one.

1 hour ago, asdrub43l said:

Unfortunately my backup file only goes back to april 1st. That C******* milk guy xxVERSUSxy listed is actually one of the 2 players i thought he did not mention, turns out he just changed his nickname and i did not notice. Probably the same thing for the second guy, since i can't even find him via steam now.

If you also encountered the 3 spider troll lads, as you mentioned Choclaty milk?/Climed-up-the-Water-Spout/Incey-Wincey-Spider, I can provide you via private message their Steam and Klei IDs to check if they are the same individuals I am writing about.

7 minutes ago, Bahlsen said:

I played yesterday for the first time in many months and was amazed to see that this is still a plague. Votes are spammed all over the pace I just couldn't focus on the game.

Good news is there's this one server called "Survival without votes for fun", it was the extreme opposite experience, I'll stick with this one.

Now I avoid voting dedicated servers, even more so the Klei official ones, like the plague. I played last night on Survival without votes for fun, was ok but at least in my play time there not many joined.

Everyone knows, or should know, that Klei servers aren't moderated and as such sadly are plagued with toxic bahaviour and at this point nobody can do anything about it. Apart Klei obviously. I suggested everyone to stay away from these servers, even if the ping is low (not high), because of the trolls and toxic players in general.

Back in the day i was playing on them at some point I have been griefed 4 times in a row, thus ruining my mood to play for a while. This until one day when community dedicated server feature have been introduced and found one to play on: Frogland.. hey MCadJO! :) Made a bunch of friends while there with whom I still play even today.

If you want to be griefed and your stuff reduced to pieces, or kicked and then world regenerated then by all means play on those Klei official servers.

Now that A New Reign is over I have a feeling they will tie the knot on this vote kicking soon, cos many of old bugs have been fixed like pengulls one for instance. But don't take my word for it and hold your breath. :p

PS: There are plenty of community owned servers where you just have to see if you don't lag too much (or at all idealy), has friendly players and above all is moderated.

11 hours ago, Maknov said:

So basically long story short a group of Willows are enjoying their time joining random servers and kicking everyone without penalty.

I won't reveal their usernames for the sake of their identity, as much of a pain in the ass as they are.

What I'm trying to get at here, maybe we should do something about the vote kick feature, it's ruining legit DST worlds with randoms.

We should have it so that every person is limited to 1 - 2 votes, or have it when someone votes to kick and fails, they are set on a cooldown.

I dunno, I'm just tired of having to quit the server everytime these three Willow's join.

Yes but some people are just mean to others, insulting who makes mistakes and who can't provide stuff for himself (finding flint in an already started world for example) .. Kick IS a needed feature for those people who ruin the general coop mood of the servers :/ but i do realize the vote kick abuse is frustrating! 

I for one fancy vanilla playing and, sadly for my cup of tea, most of them dedicated and moderated servers have all flavors of mods that don't go well with me. Or, if vanilla, have pings over 150 and/or huge fluctuations that kinda make fighting superfluous (as I just watch my character pedaling mid air while hostiles pommel it to death). From now on I will probably play more my own servers with 1-2 other friends 'till Klei sorts this voting/trolling madness.

13 minutes ago, cezarica said:

Everyone knows, or should know, that Klei servers aren't moderated and as such sadly are plagued with toxic bahaviour and at this point nobody can do anything about it. Apart Klei obviously. I suggested everyone to stay away from these servers, even if the ping is low (not high), because of the trolls and toxic players in general.

Back in the day i was playing on them at some point I have been griefed 4 times in a row, thus ruining my mood to play for a while. This until one day when community dedicated server feature have been introduced and found one to play on: Frogland.. hey MCadJO! :) Made a bunch of friends while there with whom I still play even today.

If you want to be griefed and your stuff reduced to pieces, or kicked and then world regenerated then by all means play on those Klei official servers.

Now that A New Reign is over I have a feeling they will tie the knot on this vote kicking soon, cos many of old bugs have been fixed like pengulls one for instance. But don't take my word for it and hold your breath. :p

PS: There are plenty of community owned servers where you just have to see if you don't lag too much (or at all idealy), has friendly players and above all is moderated.

@cezarica Do you know some dedicated server that resets everytime all the players die like the Klei official does?
Because that is what i'm looking for in a server, i don't want to join a server on day 2131090123 xD so i'm looking for alternatives as well honestly :3

Archived