When Oxygen Is The Supplier

Well hi there!

I'm NightWonder7. I usually stay in the Don't Starve corner of this forum, and you can find my main art thread here

Recently I have found myself sketching stuff from Oxygen Not Included several times. I don't own the game yet and have never played it, but I've seen some videos on You Tube and I've added it in my Steam wish list ^^; The duplicants are just adorable and I fell in love with them ^_^ Just imagine having an ant farm with them and watch them through the glass; working day in and day out OwO

*ahem* Anyways, as I was saying, I've done some fan art sketches and tried to get more used to the style and colour schemes (still working on it ^^; I don't think I will get away so easily with the sketchy lines like in DS) Ideas started piling up too, and eventually I thought I might as well start an art thread for this game XD

I'm opening this thread with a simple drawing of a dupe. My first digital ONI fan art in fact >_>

ONI - Dupe.jpg

I hope you like it, and that you also will like my future content ^^

15 hours ago, minespatch said:

That dupe with the red-head 'fro seems to be everyone's go to for a sassy dupe.

I've actually read through the wiki about the established duplicants so far. Their descriptions have given me some inspiration for future strips and made me set the personalities for some of them. I might come up with designs for other duplicants that are not established (yet) (like Gus for instance).

15 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Omg, these are fantastic! XD I hope you get the game soon, it's really fun ^_^

Thank you so much! OwO It looks really fun :D

9 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

I've actually read through the wiki about the established duplicants so far. Their descriptions have given me some inspiration for future strips and made me set the personalities for some of them.

Wait there's a wiki? Better yet of "established characters"? I thought you had to name them and create a personality for them yourself.

7 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Wait there's a wiki? Better yet of "established characters"? I thought you had to name them and create a personality for them yourself.

Yup there is ^^ If you just scroll down a bit here and click the "expand" button on the purple box under "established duplicants", you'll find a list of them. Some of their descriptions are quite funny to read XD

ONI - Sketch dump 1.jpg

One of my very first ONI sketch dumps \(ovO)/ I mostly draw that dude from the poster. I like to call him Kyle. Dunno why, thought he might look like a Kyle : P

EDIT: After they implemented the hair in the game, I'm gonna call him Ren from now on :B

I don't think my style fits very well with the game's art style tbh ^^; Oh well, I had fun with it nevertheless ;u;

And about the NOOOOOOOOO part, well, it's rather random, actually. You see, there was already a facial expression drawn on that sheet before I turned it into an ONI dump, so I just changed it to resemble Kyle. I was thinking about a certain moment from a YouTube clip 0_0

Spoiler

I love these XD and the way you draw proportioned dupes looks awesome! ^_^

5 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

I like to call him Kyle. Dunno why, thought he might look like a Kyle : P

Really? I was thinking Wil or something but now that I think about it, Wil doesn't really fit well does it?

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I love these XD and the way you draw proportioned dupes looks awesome! ^_^

Thank you so much! OwO Still think it looks kinda strange ^^;

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Really? I was thinking Wil or something but now that I think about it, Wil doesn't really fit well does it?

Wil is not a bad name either ^^

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Huh, how did you manage to get a Dupe on one of those seats? None seem to get on my chairs when I build them.

I can relate to Kyle.

Is mystery (I did notice something strange when I looked up for references XD )

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Huh, how did you manage to get a Dupe on one of those seats?

They climb up normally than *poof* they suddenly have a broken leg and arm XD (but in all honesty, I think you have to assign them. If that doesn't work, priority 9 that b*tch XD )

2 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

Thank you so much! OwO Still think it looks kinda strange ^^;

That's only cos no one's done it yet. Have you uploaded them to DA yet? I even started an ONI group :)

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Crossover have happened before but these are great and funny XD

Oh poor dupes, lost and in need of their tools :p least Wilson looks happy ^_^

I've seen it : D they're great ^^ 

Thank you! OwO

They tackle their situations differently XD

Archived