Please increase the turn limit on the Metheus Puzzle

I know it sounds weak, but it's rather annoying that a lot of progress can be thrown away by such a small turn limit with a slightly buggy puzzle. I spent a good 10 hours solving that puzzle until completion, and a lot of the times, the turn limit got the better of us. I'm simply suggesting that the turn limit be increased slightly so we don't have to rely so much on RNG to complete it.

Also, in my rage, I forgot that this thread doesn't belong in General Discussion. Can a mod please move this to Suggestions and Feedback for Don't Starve Together?

7 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

@SuperDavid, @Thieverpedia It took like some hours during 3 different days for me and my partner to figure a way out of it, we read some posts explaining how to do it, and then , finally, my partner found a video in my language explaining how to do it, that video helped a lot.
Do you guys want my help?

Eh...Sure. Stick it in the thread. I have a pending help request that involves using a strategy in which one player has 5 filler and one right thing. Process of elimination. But if you can help directly, that would be even better.

@Picklesaurus Wow, 3 days you guys went at it?! That's some incredible patience you got there (I wish I had patience)!

I'd appreciate any kind of help, but I need to warn you that I'm stupid & don't understand any of this puzzle stuff :(..........so, maybe it'd be better if you don't waste your time on me tbh..

@Thieverpedia, i was actually going to talk about this strategy you said (the 5 filler one), i think you already know about it... so i don't think i'd be of any help, well, at least i can help @SuperDavid i guess. How do you want to do it SuperDavid? Should i explain it in this tread, in a private group here in the forum, on steam chat? Discord?

boop

3 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Bit of a trick. Go to the first post in this topic for translations of the tiles.
Start with the '1' number tile, you'll get at least two of those.
That tile is guaranteed to match up to the 'cane' tile, and whatever 'living thing' (bird, rabbit, bee, I think butterfly) tile you get. Because those items can't be stacked.
So, find the places for those two 'rune' tiles first, knowing that they match up to '1'. You can potentially save a lot of moves that way.

Not sure if it's always the case, but in the puzzles I've gotten, rarity seems to determine numbers. Gems, NF, and Thul were 1-3, while berries and petals were around 6 or so. Maybe just luck, or maybe the puzzle is slightly merciful.

Archived