Ancient key “Got it from that big bony hoser.” –Woodie

Could also be referring to big boned. As in the Ancient Guardian has thicker bones then the human standard of its weight and size class.

Which would make sense considering how stout it is since it's a palette swap of the Clockwork Rook. The Rook looks fine because it's supposed to be an armored machine, but as an organic-like being the Ancient Guardian does look highly unusual.

6 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Could also be referring to big boned. As in the Ancient Guardian has thicker bones then the human standard of its weight and size class.

Which would make sense considering how stout it is since it's a palette swap of the Clockwork Rook. The Rook looks fine because it's supposed to be an armored machine, but as an organic-like being the Ancient Guardian does look highly unusual.

“THIS MEAT HAS A POINTY END”

–WX-78

imo i think its big meat , and wicker says the nightmare fuel grew its horn so it might be mostly meat.

Maybe Woodie wanted to avoid the innuendo of describing it by its horn... or more likely cause it's a typo. I'd say the cave stalker originally dropped it, but it was changed to the guardian to make it less repetitive. I mean, fighting a boss in order to fight a slightly harder version of the same boss seems a little bit tedious.

Archived