Anyone else's cluster tokens decide to just not work?

I have been hosting a dedicated server for several months now , every couple of months the cluster token decides its not working for a day or 2 at least .

I have checked my files and cluster token has not been amended since October .

Is it me or is this common  ?

Hi @MissPetite!

I've read a few times that the beta tokens don't work for the regular branch, so it might have been an issue if the game got updated to the wrong branch? With the beta being removed this week, you might have encountered the same issue again. Create a non-beta token (if you haven't already) and hopefully you'll be fine. I've also seen issues with expiring tokens when they're used for dedicated servers and client hosted servers - check that you're not reusing the token.

OK, if you were in the beta and you haven't moved/renamed any files in the last week or two, the error you received is because the folder the game is looking for is probably empty or doesn't exist. The beta doesn't exist anymore.

Go to (My) Documents\Klei, you should have two folder: DoNotStarveTogether and DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta (or more if you play other Klei games). Create a backup of both folders. Rename DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta to DoNotStarveTogether, Windows will ask you if you want to merge the folders, accept and let it overwrite all files. You should now have all folders sorted out. Open your batch file with a text editor and remove "-beta anewreignbeta" from the first line (I'm assuming you followed the Quick Setup Guide). Save and exit. Run the batch file. If the server complains about the token, it's likely because of the change from beta to regular as I mention earlier. So if you need it, generate a new token and place it in (My) Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer. And that's it. Let me know how it goes.

Archived