Cheetos

Metheus Puzzle Part 3 (Spoilers!!! Updated With Chest Answers).

254 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 4/11/2017 at 10:35 AM, Tumalu said:

From what other threads have figured, the most probable solution is:

You need the combination that results in 6 lights on the Metheus website puzzle. The set of 6 blocky things have notches to indicate how MANY for the stack. The set of 6 shadow letters translates on the mural to what kind of item to put in that slot.

Match the symbols to the correct items on the mural and we should have it solved.

The chest calls for your id, so yes, you need to solve the puzzle on the site and get your own personal solution with your partner. There most likely is no "one" solution that will work. It has to be YOUR solution.

Seems plausible as the chest isn't a local code. Implying each character has something unique to do, however my code disappeared after solving it :(

(I fixed this issue later on, if this happens to you, restart the puzzle, it's a bummer but you should be able to get it again).

8afc99b2dac642aba38d87875dfa531e.png

It does show the chest here as well, so it could be tied to it.

Edited by Cheetos
2 people like this

This interaction between metheus website and DST game may be POSSIBLE.

From "Don't Starve Together\data\scripts\prefabs\sacred_chest.lua" (version 213053)

function UnlockChest(inst, param, doer)

we can know that the param==3 is the right method to open sacred_chest.

There is no way to trigger that, except...

ReportAction(doer.userid, items, counts, userids, function(param) if inst:IsValid() then UnlockChest(inst, param, doer) end end)

Go to "Don't Starve Together\data\scripts\networking.lua", we can found the

function ReportAction( userid, items, item_counts, users, cb )

has been edited in latest update (version 213053). And it match the open method of sacred_chest.

4 people like this

So we have a puzzle that requires cooperation and in-game actions, it was the best we could ask for right ? At least it's exactly what I was hoping to have. Should be a standard for video games.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just a tiny problem, how am I supposed to put "insanity" or "darkness" in to a chest.

(Feel like we should use the power of memes.)

Spoiler

Oh no! Chester's too small for insanity.

1491935199969.png

Totally rushed it. :?

Edited by PuffinBy
2 people like this

Just now, PuffinBy said:

Just a tiny problem, how am I supposed to put "insanity" or "darkness" in to a chest.

Nightmare fuel and/or purple amulet?

1 person likes this

did you tried to place just one of each item? or maybe the mooncaller staff or the gem on it?

1 person likes this

i wish someone already did this and receive walking cane or chest skin
its too much bothersome doing all of this without goal or guarantee reward
people in forum still figuring out the symbols/code and blocks number

3 minutes ago, Escaped said:

I THINK I GOT IT!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IQ8pFhdRU1EQaisSea_-ckvhYq1ryI_ZJ2hcsxyX6DA/edit#gid=0

Check this for symbols, I think I have the pattern!

EACH CHEST NEEDS A # OF THULECITE, A # OF NIGHTMARE FUEL, # OF PLANTS, # OF GEMS, AN "ANIMAL" ITEM AND A "STAFF SYMBOL!" THE STAFF MIGHT CORRESPOND TO THE GEM YOU HAVE, OR MIGHT BE THE TRAGIC TORCH!

Uh... yeah, we all know this.

We're still trying to figure out which symbols match to an item, and if the number code is correct.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Ogrecakes said:

Uh... yeah, we all know this.

We're still trying to figure out which symbols match to an item, and if the number code is correct.

Sorry, all I got is the doc to go off of. 

I've already tried many combinations, and none of them have worked.

There's far too many question marks here that I can't fill in.

What is staff

What is insanium

It's a pooshoot. We need more information to work with before this can be called solvable.

Posted (edited)

I would say Insanium would be nightmare fuel, it's the only other Ancient-era item we know about. The staff has to be some sort of ruins staff or thurible or torch. 

The cave painting says the cave contains two major items: The Ancient Key and the staff symbol. The staff symbol is probably the one the ancient king used, but what is it in our Don't Starve?

Edited by Escaped
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

I've already tried many combinations, and none of them have worked.

There's far too many question marks here that I can't fill in.

What is staff

What is insanium

It's a pooshoot. We need more information to work with before this can be called solvable.

What combinations did you try? We could eliminate some possibilities to find out what they are.

@irem I've tried using butterfly, butterfly wings, bird, alongside nightmare fuel, Guardian Horn, Moon Caller's staff, Beard Hair....

Based on the code you can't solve it solo.  You need more than one person near the chest.

Keep that in mind when you do your testing.

2 minutes ago, Toros said:

Based on the code you can't solve it solo.  You need more than one person near the chest.

Hang on. I thought the code made it so that if more than 2 people were around, that the chest locked itself. Not that 2 or more people were needed to unlock the chest.

4 minutes ago, Toros said:

1 minute ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

Hang on. I thought the code made it so that if more than 2 people were around, that the chest locked itself. Not that 2 or more people were needed to unlock the chest.

The only thing that changes when there are multiple people around is that the chest doesn't spit out your items.

That way another player can't steal all your stuff when you input a wrong combination.

1 minute ago, Ogrecakes said:

The only thing that changes when there are multiple people around is that the chest doesn't spit out your items.

That way another player can't steal all your stuff when you input a wrong combination.

In the sacred_chest.lua you have three possible params.  1 is a failure state, 2 triggers if there are <= 1 person within 20 units of the chest (roughly 4 turfs) and param 3 is a victory state.

You almost certainly need two people, the only question is whether it's any other person or specifically the partner.  I don't think it's just the partner.

One picture depicts carrots, gems, the Stalker (Stalker bones?), gears and nitre (?). Have you tried putting those items in the chest?

Besides, have you tried the full moon event? Three glyphs are shown in the trailer when the event gets activated. Maybe it will do something once you have reached phase 2 on the Metheus website? In the game, that is.

Sorry, but I don't have the computer to check it myself currently. :v