Decoding the ancient language

For the moment, the priority is solving the numerical issue. 

The 2 unknown items will likely need some glyphs of their own, or at the least 1 of the items needs confirming so we have 5 out of 6, making it easier to trial and error in game the last item.

Cannot wrap my head around indents and the new picture with jigsaw pieces inside the workers.

So we have two instances of a key and staff symbol, Key Staff Cave, and Key Staff Dark... Maybe the staff symbol is a starcaller staff. Or maybe it's an action. "Key Enter Dark" and "Key Enter Cave." We need to put an item somewhere in it. 

The first one has the mooncaller's staff event, could that mean anything?

649b372279aa43a38d05a6edbf420d32.png

This is what is frustrating me. If every worker has a unique jigsaw piece inside them (3 we have now been revealed)... how would you be able to work out which jigsaw pieces originate to the 3 workers at the bottom (as they all are essentially identical with no items in front of them).

On reflection: perhaps the lack of items in front of these 3 workers on the bottom means they have no jigsaw pieces

7 minutes ago, FelixMeow said:

649b372279aa43a38d05a6edbf420d32.png

This is what is frustrating me. If every worker has a unique jigsaw piece inside them (3 we have now been revealed)... how would you be able to work out which jigsaw pieces originate to the 3 works at the bottom (as they all are essentially identical with no items in front of them).

On reflection: perhaps the lack of items in front of these 3 workers on the bottom means they have no jigsaw pieces

The two on the top are both pushing wheelbarrows, and the one on the bottom is mining, perhaps only the ones who are currently doing work have symbols in them? I don't know for sure, I'm just pointing out random stuff.

EDIT: Ok, this thread here may have translated the symbols:

If it is accurate, then the top left ancient is number 1, the one to his right is number 12, and the one on the bottom is number 11. I don't know what these numbers could mean, but here they are.

This is small but I just caught onto this,

W9m3fjA.png

Is additionally used in every single solution, and it stands for Thulecite, unlike the tHOkYDE.png it doesn't only match with a certain numeral, it varies. This probably either tells us where to put your thulecite in the chest, or the quantity to slot, the tHOkYDE.png still need to be figured out along with everything klei just dropped on us, Moon staff(moon event in the background) + thulecite, but if this is true, we may be that much closer.

Thulecite + Staff(or walking cane?) + 4 other items = Ancient Staff (Walking Cane Skin?).

12 hours ago, Tumalu said:

Well, if we combine the ones we learned from the thulian mural and the shadow letters we already knew, then we know what like 12 of them are. That's a pretty good starting point for being able to guess some of the others in the sentences.

This is partially relevant for fun lore reasons (The 4 murals are coated in shadow letters, after all) and partially because the puzzle doesn't seem quite over. There is apparently a new "sacred chest" ingame that requires certain items to solve??? It's been found ingame.

As well, we haven't used the code from the video yet. And the code from the video is referenced in the mural.

vgKU2.pngvgKVl.png

The first letter from the video is the one in the keyhole and on the right, and it's followed by the second video letter, which we theorized in thulian to mean the staff. The third letter in thulian was theorized to mean the cave, whilst the third letter in the video we know means Dark.

The letter does seem to mean "cave" because it appears multiple times on the upper left.

This might be a hint on how to solve the sacred chest? The key is the staff in the cave/dark? I'unno.

edit:Okay, so, it seems the solution to the chest puzzle indeed lies in translating the language. In the second phase of the puzzle, you have a set of notched blocks, and shadow letters, that you have to put in a certain order of a 6 slot "chest". Well, this 6-slot chest is now ingame, the notched blocks are amounts for item stacks, and the shadow letters are what to put in those slots.

I think that's a new reign's boss name 

12 hours ago, Tumalu said:

Well, if we combine the ones we learned from the thulian mural and the shadow letters we already knew, then we know what like 12 of them are. That's a pretty good starting point for being able to guess some of the others in the sentences.

This is partially relevant for fun lore reasons (The 4 murals are coated in shadow letters, after all) and partially because the puzzle doesn't seem quite over. There is apparently a new "sacred chest" ingame that requires certain items to solve??? It's been found ingame.

As well, we haven't used the code from the video yet. And the code from the video is referenced in the mural.

vgKU2.pngvgKVl.png

The first letter from the video is the one in the keyhole and on the right, and it's followed by the second video letter, which we theorized in thulian to mean the staff. The third letter in thulian was theorized to mean the cave, whilst the third letter in the video we know means Dark.

The letter does seem to mean "cave" because it appears multiple times on the upper left.

This might be a hint on how to solve the sacred chest? The key is the staff in the cave/dark? I'unno.

edit:Okay, so, it seems the solution to the chest puzzle indeed lies in translating the language. In the second phase of the puzzle, you have a set of notched blocks, and shadow letters, that you have to put in a certain order of a 6 slot "chest". Well, this 6-slot chest is now ingame, the notched blocks are amounts for item stacks, and the shadow letters are what to put in those slots.

I think that's a new reign's boss name 

1 minute ago, Cherryzion said:

Could it be that there were only ever 13 of this species? (Like Snow White and the 7 Dwarves)

And these blocks are their names?

Or designation - yes

And therefore the aim of the game is to match the original 13 seen on the obelisk to the 13 in the mural big painting

7hGjmvq.jpg

I've added the other worker's from the obelisk to this one. I found that there was good connection between the gem worker, carrot worker and hunter. The 2 thulecite workers on the left middle of the picture below the carrot worker was an interesting match also. 

It's conceivable that the 2 skulls represent 2 workers dying for whatever reason, but as we know from the code we need 6 items / 6 quantities, 2 dead workers out of 13 still make the solution possible. 

The question is now how to connect the remaining jigsaw pieces to the workers which are missing their jigsaws.

We can also deduce from people's combinations that the 6 items (in whatever order) include:

• Innocent creature (e.g. rabbit / butterfly)
  • Melee item (e.g. mooncaller staff / thulecite club)
  • Coloured gem
  • Thulecite 
  • Food item (e.g. carrot)
  • Last item unknown: JCeokyn.png

It's conceivable the jigsaw pieces are not numerical - perhaps they are also alphabets or letters or icons that might represent the worker's name and are hence unique to each worker... 

Archived