Decoding the ancient language

What if they are hinting at what numbers they are?

5jgUlBA.png = 4 carrots, quantity of an item? or just the number 4.
3Lf0jR1.png = 3 gems, quantity of an item? or just the number 3.
dLsH3lr.png = 1 Pickaxe, quantity of an item? or just the number 1.
(Or 4-5 rocks)?

*And now it's time to spin the wheel of stabbing, in the dark!*

1 minute ago, Cheetos said:

What if they are hinting at what numbers they are?

5jgUlBA.png = 4 carrots, quantity of an item? or just the number 4.
3Lf0jR1.png = 3 gems, quantity of an item? or just the number 3.
dLsH3lr.png = 1 Pickaxe, quantity of an item? or just the number 1.
(Or 4-5 rocks)?

*And now it's time to spin the wheel of stabbing, in the dark!*

Yours makes more sense potentially. Doesn't enable us to solve the other Icons though...

36 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

Are we getting somewhere yet? If @Ogrecakes's post really was edited by Klei back there, everyone should prioritize looking into those symbols in the ancients. Klei is probably trying to hint at something so that the longest and most confusing puzzle they ever made can end.

Did you bold this Astroknot?

I suppose what we are assuming as many people including myself have found is when you go to the Ancient's ruins in game currently, you can find a chest with a 2 x 3 grid for placing items.

One can assume the puzzle is two folded:

- work out the item

- work out how many

I presume as do many here that the glyphs solve the items and the indent jigsaw pieces solve the amount. Linking the two is likely what's needed. I assume that when people paired up to do the challenge, their unique combination is the key to them opening the chest / event happening.

1 minute ago, Yergink said:

Is it not possible that the box symbols correlate to items and not numbers? Or do we mostly think that the other symbols are for sure items.

It is possible but why would klei make the mural and obviously label objects if it was pointless? Or just to make it even more complicated then it all ready is. :p

1 minute ago, FelixMeow said:

I suppose what we are assuming as many people including myself have found is when you go to the Ancient's ruins in game currently, you can find a chest with a 2 x 3 grid for placing items.

- work out the item

- work out how many

I presume as do many here that the glyphs solve the items and the indent jigsaw pieces solve the amount. Linking the two is likely what's needed. I assume that when people paired up to do the challenge, their unique combination is the key to them opening the chest / event happening.

Thats the general idea.

It all makes sense, but clearly something is wrong, but we are getting zero feedback as to what the problem is.

Are the items correct? Are the amounts correct? We have no idea, every combination of every theory just results in the chest spitting out your items and saying "You are wrong".

Just now, FelixMeow said:

- work out the item

- work out how many

Yes, this is the most common community conclusion so far, there is also code in the LUA suggesting that those partners need to be near the chest together (but it's not 100% certain). Our issue has been figuring out the how and why, what numbers, which items?

You can follow the spreadsheet here if you like:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IQ8pFhdRU1EQaisSea_-ckvhYq1ryI_ZJ2hcsxyX6DA/edit?userstoinvite=akakumo.chan@gmail.com&ts=58ed7d34&actionButton=1#gid=0

Just now, Ogrecakes said:

Thats the general idea.

It all makes sense, but clearly something is wrong, but we are getting zero feedback as to what the problem is.

Are the items correct? Are the amounts correct? We have no idea, every combination of every theory just results in the chest spitting out your items and saying "You are wrong".

I'm losing my sanity. Fast. Not even a tam o' shanter is helping.
SEND HELP
Yes I did bold that one

2 minutes ago, FelixMeow said:

Right now the uncertainties for me are:

What are these items meant to be:

tHOkYDE.pngnnDldjd.png

How do the indents correlate to numerical values

From what I see, everyone seems to have these two symbols in their code combination.

Archived