Decoding the ancient language

3 minutes ago, Weird Wanderer said:

LockChest(inst)

local x, y, z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()
    local players = FindPlayersInRange(x, y, z, 20)
    if #players <= 1 then
        UnlockChest(inst, 2, doer)
        return

What does this mean? Its in the lua for the sacred chest and it looks like it's looking for a second person?

I don't know anything about coding so i dunno.

<=  means less than or equal to so it's probably the other way around, that it doesn't work if there are other people around.

6 minutes ago, Kamotho said:

Maybe the side which has the notches give it a certain value, as an example a notch on top gives +1, while a notch on the left gives +5

I think a huge part of this is figuring out the number runes first. It doesn't do us any good to know the item but not know the amount!

Also the number runes are probably easier anyways, so it'd make sense to start with them.

Simple number system? I mean, the notched blocks in the second phase are "Decoded" already in that each notch probably just means +1. It's theoretically possible they're more complicated but I can't see why they possibly would be.

We do seem to be missing something, but I'm pretty sure that's barking up the wrong tree; these runes aren't listed anywhere else to have a reference for translating them any other way, and there's no difference in notch sizes or anything to suggest one side is counted different than another. Nor is there any variation for amounts of notches; each one with 2 notches, 3, 4, etc, has the EXACT same image. 

I can't see any reason to support that they'd be anything but the obvious +1, but lots of reasons to safely assume they are.

4 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

Simple number system? I mean, the notched blocks in the second phase are "Decoded" already in that each notch probably just means +1. It's theoretically possible they're more complicated but I can't see why they possibly would be.

We do seem to be missing something, but I'm pretty sure that's barking up the wrong tree; these runes aren't listed anywhere else to have a reference for translating them any other way, and there's no difference in notch sizes or anything to suggest one side is counted different than another. Nor is there any variation for amounts of notches; each one with 2 notches, 3, 4, etc, has the EXACT same image. 

I can't see any reason to support that they'd be anything but the obvious +1, but lots of reasons to safely assume they are.

There's one problem though...

unknown.pngunknown.png

Using that logic these would be exactly the same, yet they have different runes

There's other examples of this too

Simple is maybe the wrong word, but there was a number system on the Metheus puzzle page (I'm not looking through 200 pages for it though) that we figured out was based on powers of three, right side meant addition and left side subtraction. This is not the same though as it has four sides and not two.

8 minutes ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

Simple is maybe the wrong word, but there was a number system on the Metheus puzzle page (I'm not looking through 200 pages for it though) that we figured out was based on powers of three, right side meant addition and left side subtraction. This is not the same though as it has four sides and not two.

Yes, I remember that page. I also think that we need to look on the numbers. For example that one sign that appears to be in everyone's code djajsda.png after the second step has always the ddad.png as its counterpart and since many think that it's a non stackable item, I would assume it just means "1".

29 minutes ago, disies said:

Yes, I remember that page. I also think that we need to look on the numbers. For example that one sign that appears to be in everyone's code  after the second step has always the ddad.png as its counterpart and since many think that it's a non stackable item, I would assume it just means "1".

I think this symbol djajsda.pngmeans the thelelocator focus. it's so similar... Maybe this means the purple staff?

Untitled.png

57 minutes ago, disies said:

Yes, I remember that page. I also think that we need to look on the numbers. For example that one sign that appears to be in everyone's code djajsda.png after the second step has always the ddad.png as its counterpart and since many think that it's a non stackable item, I would assume it just means "1".

Well I am sorry but this sign have 2 notches on rune in my solution of second part of puzzle. This item is most likely something stackable if we can trust our numbering system for runes.

and picture proof as requested :p

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 21.05.39.png

2 minutes ago, mcadjo said:

Well I am sorry but this sign have 2 notches on rune in my solution of second part of puzzle. This item is most likely something stackable if we can trust our numbering system for runes.

Add Picture proof

9 minutes ago, mcadjo said:

and picture proof as requested :p

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 21.05.39.png

And where exactly do you see two notches for this sign?

Archived