Decoding the ancient language

7 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Could try bunny puffs in place of the rabbit, thulecite shards or walls in place of regular thulecite. Also not sure about the purple gems, never heard of that symbol being deciphered.

The one I assumed was fuel is "Insanity", so, it's possible it's something else but I'unno what it'd be. We're the least sure about the "staff" one. Walking cane seems to make sense (and upgrade it into the full cane) but if it didn't work, well...

Also yay proper translation chart. That'll make it easier to apply to the 4 murals later.

Something that could work is, if somebody would go back and look at all the symbol codes people have been posting in the threads. There are likely certain symbols that do and do not explicitly show up in second phase codes because they are things players cannot get or can get.

Would narrow down what symbols actually matter and which do not. Or prove there are some players cannot get, or some being interpreted incorrectly as a thing players cannot get.

1 minute ago, Tumalu said:

The one I assumed was fuel is "Insanity", so, it's possible it's something else but I'unno what it'd be. We're the least sure about the "staff" one. Walking cane seems to make sense (and upgrade it into the full cane) but if it didn't work, well...

Also yay proper translation chart. That'll make it easier to apply to the 4 murals later.

Let's pick this one apart next. Most of us belive it's gotta be nightmare fuel, and it probably is. But lets see what other nightmare themed items it could be...

It could be dark petals or living logs... That's all I can think of.

It CAN'T be purple gems (they already have their own letter) or nightmare amulets (they only stack up to one, whilst my puzzle calls for 3)

We're wrong about something. Probably the staff or maaaybe the fuel, everything else seems pretty concrete.

We might need to apply the runes to the 4 murals to figure it out? Or maybe, like the chest appeared, the staff appeared somewhere too. 

So it's not just "put the walking cane in to get the staff!", the staff needs to be found somewhere and then put in the chest.

Just now, Tumalu said:

We're wrong about something. Probably the staff or maaaybe the fuel, everything else seems pretty concrete.

We might need to apply the runes to the 4 murals to figure it out? Or maybe, like the chest appeared, the staff appeared somewhere too. 

So it's not just "put the walking cane in to get the staff!", the staff needs to be found somewhere and then put in the chest.

Finding a person who only has symbols in their code that we already know would be a definitive way of proving whether this is all correct or not. Just like seeing if the staff symbol appears in every single code or not, would likely prove it is special in some regard. As would be cross referencing where the symbol appears in the images.

I've seen plenty of people's codes and every single one had "1 [staff]" in it. I'm pretty sure "Insanity" was in every one of them, too. We know all the other ones that appear and it's simple stuff like gems/petals/etc that isn't in any doubt.

1 minute ago, Weird Wanderer said:

Mayhaps the "Staff" is supposed to be the tragic torch? The shape is fairly close so..

This was proposed before, and it is something only people participating in this would have. Not sure if it was ever actually tested.

It also makes sense considering how significant the torch is to the lore, and the fact the developers involved it as a mandatory requirement.

It's possibly insanity is wrong but I don't think it's likely.

They posted their code and what they put in and the rest is right. Unless instead of a bird they were supposed to put in a bird feather, I guess. Feel free to try it more, can't hurt.

One possibility is that the item for insanity is beard hair, since it is obtainable from beardlings/beardlords when insane and also from splumonkeys during the nightmare phase. Also wilson is the 'mad scientist'. However I've already tried out most of the possible combinations using beard hair instead of nightmare fuel, to no success. Thought it might be worth mentioning though.

Archived