Metheus - First Puzzle Buddy Thread

Apparently you're supposed to do some stuff with like reversing codes and stuff.

Do that here.

Also, can anyone here explain this to me as if I'm a caveman? This make absolutely no sense.

Check out a handy explanation of the puzzle here, by our good friend Unsound Mind.
EDIT: when you get back on the forums after like a month of downtime and your post has like 800 replies

Alright, found out what we're actually doing.

Post a screenshot of your tablet. One of us is supposed to input the other's opposite color (so if I were inputting your code for the gold text, you would input my code for the black text).

Not sure what's supposed to happen next after that, though.

b9ebcadb12619ccc42b7df3f28e680e1.png

HERE IS MY EXPLANATION. I will try to make this as clear as I possibly can.

The first step is to enter the Metheus page. There, you will find that the left side is lit up by a torch. There is also a console on the left. When you click the console, it will take you to a dashboard. There will be characters on the bottom, as well as a black and gold string of symbols on top. To progress with the puzzle, you need to exchange codes.

Specifically, you need to find a buddy and either input their gold or black code, not both. They will input the opposite code of yours (black or gold). The center will turn gold when you input theirs. When they input yours, the gaps will turn purple. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 10.58.11 PM.png

(I input my partner's gold symbols and they input my black.)

After that, you can move on to the second part. But make sure you keep in touch with your buddy, because you'll need them for the second part. By now, the other half of the first screen should be lit by a second torch. There is a second console. When you click on the console, you'll either have tile squares and a string of black symbols at the top, or vice versa. There are 32 symbols and 13 tiles. One partner will get the symbols and the other will get the tiles. I happened to get the tiles, so my screen looked like this:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 8.11.53 PM.png

Now comes the hard part. You need to put in the code that your partner has, as well as give them the code that you received on yours. As far as I can tell, it's random, and the symbols never correspond to the same tiles twice. Usually, when you swap codes, at least one dot will light up. That means that one of the tiles is in the correct placement and it's the correct tile, meaning it corresponds with your partners symbol. For example, let's say that I have a tile with a dash at the top. My partner has a symbol that looks like a funky F. We happened to find, through trial and error (removing the tiles and submitting until something turned off), that the F symbol and the tile make one of the dots light up when they're in a certain slot. When you have a match, it could be in any of the slots. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 9.07.58 PM.png

(This is us with two symbols and tiles correct. I think in this case, it was the first and the sixth. I can't remember what symbols they had on their end. The main code started us off, and then we had to find the right input by trial and error. The best we got was three before it refreshed.)

Here's the worst part: you only have a certain amount of submissions to get it right before it refreshes, and you have to start over again. That's at least what I've been able to gather from our experiments.

When you get all six dots, the button will glow gold. People have told me that nothing happens after that, and that's where we're currently stuck as a puzzle community. Not only that, but the puzzle has stopped working as well? So don't bother trying until it's fixed.

Whew. Sorry, that was a lot, but it needed to be clarified.

Archived