How are you supposed to cool water?

2 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

So in monkey language please @Risu Where is 0,1 ? I assume 0,0 is the top left of the tile it's planted on maybe? I think I need a picture :p

Well it has the dimensions of 1x2. Not that difficult to figure out.

23 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Have you tested that, as i'm not sure that's necessarily true...

Havn't tested but i am very sure from my experience. If its foot is wet, its content show empty or the content's temperature do not change. You can see that from its detail tap.

26 minutes ago, Xanif22 said:

If anyone wants to improve my attempt I'm more then happy. would love to see one that has more control as this one can easily create ice with too little flow, hence the heat damage trying to melt it.

Maybe instead of wheezeworts, you can use a liquid pipe circulating water just above zero - assuming the thermal transfer between the pipe and pumps is okay.

I also wonder if this trick could be used to heat up and boil the water. The pumps would break in the heat, but that does not seem to hamper their thermal conductivity...?

12 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Maybe instead of wheezeworts, you can use a liquid pipe circulating water just above zero - assuming the thermal transfer between the pipe and pumps is okay.

Where would the cold water come from?

12 hours ago, Kasuha said:

I also wonder if this trick could be used to heat up and boil the water. The pumps would break in the heat, but that does not seem to hamper their thermal conductivity...?

Works just fine with broken pumps, just make sure dups don't repair them constantly.

On 16.04.2017 at 11:08 PM, Pavlik said:

Nativel привет, скажи плиз сколько у тебя кг воды настроено в Liquid Valve?

У меня почему-то вода нагревается все равно...

нагревается.jpg

Сори что так долго не отвечал.

Я понял, сделай водоотвод длиннее, чтобы он у тебя уперся в лед и делай стенки из гранита, чем дальше стечет тем холодней станет.

А клапан настроен на 6 персон 900 грамм в секунду, но тоже иногда надо убавлять иногда прибавлять, делаю это для того чтобы вода не переполнялась, у меня гейзер заперт и оттуда вода не выльется, и не важно, что я забираю меньше, чем выдает гейзер.

Did some more testing and found game speed greatly affects the amount of cooling,
At normal speed 17.3C - 18.4C
At 3x speed 20.5C - 21.7C

After moving the wheeze warts down directly above the water or pumps the water left at 50C+

39 minutes ago, Nativel said:

Сори что так долго не отвечал.

Я понял, сделай водоотвод длиннее, чтобы он у тебя уперся в лед и делай стенки из гранита, чем дальше стечет тем холодней станет.

А клапан настроен на 6 персон 900 грамм в секунду, но тоже иногда надо убавлять иногда прибавлять, делаю это для того чтобы вода не переполнялась, у меня гейзер заперт и оттуда вода не выльется, и не важно, что я забираю меньше, чем выдает гейзер.

Вот что получилось у меня выяснить, как только верхний кубик воды набирает 1000 g воды, то вода начинает резко охлаждаться и охлаждается последовательно, пока все верхние кубики не наберут 1000g. У меня клапан настроен сейчас на 1500g.охлаждается.jpg

Во-втором скрине видно, что вода нагревается и нагреваться она будет до тех пор пока в кубике не наберется 1000gбудет нагреваться.jpg

Я выставлял давление в клапане на 5kg но тогда при наборе в кубике 1000g вода плохо охлаждается и пока набирается этот самый кубик до 1000g вода быстро нагревается. Но я думаю, чем больше будет этих weezwort, то тем больше грамм можно будет выставлять в клапане.

28 minutes ago, Xanif22 said:

Did some more testing and found game speed greatly affects the amount of cooling,
At normal speed 17.3C - 18.4C
At 3x speed 20.5C - 21.7C

After moving the wheeze warts down directly above the water or pumps the water left at 50C+

Note that the simulator doesn't scale too well with the game speed.
Consumers consume less mass the faster the game is run.
It's likely the temperature propagation doesn't scale either.

Using a bug/exploit of CO2 scrubber outputing 40C polluted water. regulates a pool of water to whatever is wanted.
needs 1600W to get going until the hydrogen is cooled then about 200-300W.
thermo switches prevent liquid hydrogen, overheating regulators,coolant (polluted water) reuse, hot coolant dumping and water over cooling. The wiring needs to go through the switches in sequence.
Tiles in the pool prevent pumping liquid CO2.
20170422173133_1.jpg20170422173145_1.jpg20170422173207_1.jpg20170422173240_1.jpg

It works because falling water only stops once it collides with the bottom of the pool where it over saturates the tile of water there. The simulator then distributes that tile of water to its neighbors.

You can be more efficient with the hydrogen cooling when you keep it in a closed piping system.
I use gas bridges and gas valves to keep it circulating.

In the images is the poluted oxygen to oxygen converter.

Cooling.png

Cooling1.png

Cooling2.png
The only power i use for that is to get the liquid oxygen out and the clean oxygen in my base.
Since i primed the system, the thermocooler never switched on. In about 50 cycles the themperature of the hydrogen went from -217 to -216
The thermocooler on the top was to prime the system, the one on the left is the one to regulate the themperature of the hydrogen while running and to heat the liquid oxygen.
I had the problem that it never switched on so i had to build a liquidpipe frome the geyser through the room to heat the oxygen

I use this same principle to cool my generators and bateries, my hot water, my freezer for food, my oxygen circulating my base. And my latest concept is to cool steam in a poluted water to clean water steam room i'm building.

This principle takes a while to get primed but when it's running i gues it takes little to no power to run (i never had it turn on in 50 cycles) and cool everything

Here are the pictures of the actual water, generator and battery cooling. I cool them all with hydrogen at around -10.
And there is a thermoswitch in the watertank that pumps out the water when it's below 25 degrees.

On the left is a different circuit for the oxygen to my base that is keeping the oxygen to my base below 17 degrees for my plants

Cooling3.png

Cooling4.png

And both systems are running using no power besides the initial power used to cool the hydrogen to -10 and 10 degrees

I thought I'll share my setup here too.

Create a larger room with high gas pressure. You can get high pressured polluted oxygen from nearby slime biom with water like I did, or you can pump gas into your room until it is 2kg/tile and then put tiles/doors in the room from inside. Actually I haven't tested if you need high gas pressure, but I believe you do. Next create a box around your heyser and make one or more walls from gas permeable tiles. Put pump just above the heyser. Last put some wheezeworths into your larger room.

As you can see the on the last screen water gets so cold it freezes. But the heyser doesn't fully freeze, after the water freezes its level drops and hot water erupts from the heyser which in turn melts the ice. 

Also, this solution is almost energy free unlike those posted above.

Cool wate.png

cool water2.png

cool water3.png

Just basically make sure the hot water coming in is using a water pressure valve and reduce it to say 3kg so the water gets cooled quicker as its in a smaller volume. Using super cooked hydrogen in gas pipes is the only way I know of doing it and I managed to get a system set up and working last night in a proper game not debug so I'm pretty happy with that.

Archived