(Old suggestion) Craftable Krampus Sack

This was an old suggestion from a while back, but I'm going to slap my input in and try to balance it.

Now, the Krampus Sack is absolutely fantastic. I always grind for it whenever I have spare time on files. But what bugs me and many others is the sadistic 1% drop rate. But alas, it's 2 more spaces and doesn't slow us down...

The suggestion that I'm balancing is adding Burlap Scraps as a 25% chance of dropping from a single Krampus and Krampus Chains as a 10% drop. The Krampus Sack, in this way, would be crafted with 15 Burlap Scraps, 2 Krampus Chains, and 25 Silk.

Krampus Sack itself would still be dropped at the usual 1% chance, but this would offer a longer, more guaranteed route for our hard workers.

Old thread dug up, now time for the posts!

krampus sack is op, we all know that, so being able to craft something that op, everybody would have one, making people who worked really hard to get them the old fashioned way feel like any other player because now anyone can make it. Its really hard to get it, so if you do get it, you should feel proud of yourself.

On 4/13/2017 at 5:00 PM, Richie808 said:

krampus sack is op, we all know that, so being able to craft something that op, everybody would have one, making people who worked really hard to get them the old fashioned way feel like any other player because now anyone can make it. Its really hard to get it, so if you do get it, you should feel proud of yourself.

Try reading the thread instead of just the title. Only one who works just as hard will be able to get a Krampus Sack in a more guaranteed manner, with the sack still being a regular drop.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:15 AM, Thieverpedia said:

Try reading the thread instead of just the title. Only one who works just as hard will be able to get a Krampus Sack in a more guaranteed manner, with the sack still being a regular drop.

i did read the thread scroob

• Developer
23 minutes ago, Richie808 said:

i did read the thread scroob

He presented a solution as to still make the sack hard to craft, in fact, the way he presented it seems like it would take even more time to achieve than getting the sack itself dropped, so maybe it should be nerfed a bit.

Although this likely won't get added to DS, it's still a good idea for a mod.

So killing 60 krampus should do the job. Bit too easy if I may. Compared to 1% its not enough.

Plus, with this youre not that happy when it happens bcause its a slow, steady and more predictable way of doing it. Nobody is gonna think about the old 1% chance, everybody is gonna farm the ingredients. 

Once, I got the sack on my second attemps I was like wtf! 

In my current game, I think I kill something like 180 of those krampus and no sack yet. It frustrates me but I still appreciate the mecanic. 

Your ingredients should be way harder to get. Like 25 scraps at 10% drop and 4 chains at 5% drop. So the very unlucky people should have it at more or less 250 krampus killed. Like this the 1% drop rate is still the best option.

Archived