What's the most frustrating thing you see people frequently do?

51 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Players that think the internet means everybody wants to hear their live typed up commentary on every single act they perform.

Well if it weren't for those players I wouldn't have near as many hilarious screenshots of dialogue with my favourite Israeli.

Does he do great food?

He do.

Screenshot (233).png

Screenshot (234).png

Screenshot (235).png

9 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

Oh get off your high horse.

Amen.

Pretty much what I should've said, but I tend to fly into wordy rages instead.  It's how I roll.  For better or (mostly) worse.

Also I'm not so mad at people who just talk in general when bored, but if they're doing the classic chatroom spam thing of

one

word

per

line

for no reason, I roll my eyes. And if they start being a hateful jerk or harrassing me or anyone else (and yes, I do mean THAT kind of harrassing!) I kick 'em.  If they _keep_ doing it even after kicking, I ban.  This is MY server.  You _will_ at least play the role of a decent human being. Or play somewhere else.

...Notorious

I dislike flower picking in general, regardless if those flowers are for bee boxes or not. It reduces the butterfly population, and I like eating butterflies. The only reason to ever pick flowers is to craft Abigail's Flower. And that's it, no other proper reason.

Stop picking flowers.

When a new player joins, finds your base and immediately starts storming through every container you have. 

When a new player takes stuff without asking. I don't care if you're taking flint or even a winter hat or something, but if you take gears, boss loot etc I'm making you drop everything to the ground before I kick you out. 

When a new player joins, plays on your server for a few days and suddenly starts asking to play on their server instead. If I was solo then maybe, but I always play with wife and we're having a good time, we have set some goals we want to accomplish, and because we live very far apart (I'm EU she's US) it's more than likely that one of us will be rubberbanding on a different server. 

When a player is constantly in your fridges/crockpots making bad choices, like cooking  ratatouille, fists full of jam, monster lasagna and honey nuggets or feeding all veggies you have to the bird.

When you just started building the base and a player is digging up every resource available in the nearest vicinity to plant them as close to the base as possible. I prefer to leave berry bushes, grasses etc that are within a walking distance alone, and replanting plants that are really far from the base, in spots I'd most likely rarely or never go to again.

When wife plants spider nests very close to each other (we're not good enough fighters to take 3 level3 spider nests on our own and every time I tell her to place a spider nest far from this one she ends up making them so close the webs connect. Every time. By legit accident.) and puts bee boxes close to the base. 

Um, NO. I only boss people around when they start acting like jerks, or if there's an emergency going on.  And only if it's my own server and I am in fact the admin and the person who built most if not all of the base. 

What I was talking about was the people who are all egotistical and "Hey, stand back, people!  I'LL show you how it's done!"  and then go on about watch out around me, you might get splattered by all the giant gore! or how they're _so cool_ and know everything about surviving, etc.

I deal enough with jerks and trolls everywhere else on the 'net.  If I can keep my OWN place civil, you're darn tootin' I will.  It's my server, and I _will_ keep it nice even if I have to CRUSH IT WITH AN IRON FIST! 

But boss people around all the time, in general?  Nope.  I give advice. That's about it.

(...and I'm not sure how I feel about my random screenshot becoming a meme suddenly.  : P)

EDIT:  I'm not at all claiming to be perfect.  I'm just saying I'm not specifically _that_.

...Notorious

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Um, NO. I only boss people around when they start acting like jerks, or if there's an emergency going on.  And only if it's my own server and I am in fact the admin and the person who built most if not all of the base. 

Not you -- I quoted from your quote of someone else because I was too lazy to go back a page to the original. You didn't actually say this, remember?

5 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

The only reason to ever pick flowers is to craft Abigail's Flower. And that's it, no other proper reason.

If someone joins in early spring or summer then there's the pretty parasol and whirly fan that use petals. But other then this, I agree that there's no good reason to pick the flowers. The garland that a lot of people like to use for some reason is just garbage.

People that doesn't understand I play safe

People complaining about me playing safe

People trying to compete with me playing safe to and hindering the progress of base

People playing so unsafely that they wreck the base fighting with monsters

People laughing at me because I pick Maxwell and try to go to the ruins

People that don't enjoy Night Lights

And no, I am not eating food for free, I am doing base chores.

12 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

I dislike flower picking in general, regardless if those flowers are for bee boxes or not. It reduces the butterfly population, and I like eating butterflies. The only reason to ever pick flowers is to craft Abigail's Flower. And that's it, no other proper reason.

I know this is applying to DST, but I found carrots to be a better healing at the start compared to flowers. This coming from me playing single player.

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I know this is applying to DST, but I found carrots to be a better healing at thestart compared to flowers. This coming from me playing single player.

I never pick carrots unless I absolutely need them. Healing with Butterflies takes mere seconds anyway and you never run out of butterflies.

15 hours ago, The Curator said:

Players that use Wigfrid, Wolfgang, Maxwell or Wickerbottom.

I used to play Wes and Willow because none of the character perks attracted me much.  In DST I felt like I was too much of an inconvenience having no real strengths to bring to the team.  I switched to Maxwell and Wolfgang so I could at least do something.  Now I'm really loving Wickerbottom because she can help get a base set up, cover food and basic resources for multiple people so they can focus on exploring (or learning), and she pairs very well with a Maxwell or WX.  I play these characters because I feel like I'm actually contributing.

-Using my jerky to make meatballs

-Like your dislike, players asking where the base is

-Noobs not leaving the base and being productive

-Not upkeeping the base. Hang more meats, planting more seeds, replanting mushroom planter, etc.

-Facetanking. Leads to unneccesary deaths, meaning either I sacrifice my health to revive them or boot them.

-Pestering. Now, I'm a patient guy. I love helping new players. But I can't stand it when they relentlessly pester me for items when they could go out and get them themselves instead of chilling at the base.

-Insta-kicking me just because I chose Webber. I get that he's a griefer character for many, but not all of us are naughty...

-Maybe just me being nitpicky, but an unorganized base. Doesn't have to be a perfect megabase, but come on...have a little skill in organizing.

-Dead players wasting touch stones. Save them for absolute emergencies! Everyone's dead on the world? Use it. Died to a tentacle? Ask for a revive or leave until called back.

-Backpack thieves. My passion for them burns hotter than a thousand suns. Seriously, that's my backpack. Just because I left it there doesn't mean it's free for the taking. It's because of them that I wouldn't ever drop a krampus sack or piggyback nearby.

-Last and probably least, hoarders. Tons of items on them, without thinking of sharing. I know many are used to singleplayer, but this is a group effort. At least share supplies with those who ask. Maybe drop flint at the portal and not harvest every little thing you find.

Welp, that's my list. Have at it.

25 minutes ago, Thieverpedia said:

-Backpack thieves. My passion for them burns hotter than a thousand suns. Seriously, that's my backpack. Just because I left it there doesn't mean it's free for the taking. It's because of them that I wouldn't ever drop a krampus sack or piggyback nearby.

I hate backpack thieves just as equally, but there's a few of them that take it a step above the rest. They're the ones who take your bag, but when you ask for it back they return it completely empty. That's happened to me on a few occasions and words alone cannot describe just how infuriating this is.

On 08/04/2017 at 1:46 AM, Wusscake said:

Mine is seeing people asking "Where's base" the instant they join.  As far as I'm concerned, if they are so dependent they need to know where your base is right off the bat, they'll just leech off of you.

I hate when people assume that. For me this happens like 20% or 30% of the time. Most times newbies want to do stuff actually. Yes, you get some newbs who ask "where's base" on day 4, but if it's like the middle of winter or something, aren't they justified to ask? I ask this as a pro sometimes on servers, if, say there isn't anything marking a base and it's a harsh season that I've joined in and there's nothing to sustain myself with around.

To those talking about flowers: I pick flowers that are not right around bee boxes for easy sanity. Feit meh >:[

People who knock down every pig house on the map. Leave the villages in place because you never know when someone out on the map might need some pigs and if the pig houses in your base burn down, that's it. Get pig skins from werepigs if you need 50 houses.

its also just depressing when the world at large is devoid of pig houses.

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I hate when people assume that. For me this happens like 20% or 30% of the time. Most times newbies want to do stuff actually. Yes, you get some newbs who ask "where's base" on day 4, but if it's like the middle of winter or something, aren't they justified to ask? I ask this as a pro sometimes on servers, if, say there isn't anything marking a base and it's a harsh season that I've joined in and there's nothing to sustain myself with around.

To those talking about flowers: I pick flowers that are not right around bee boxes for easy sanity. Feit meh >:[

2 days ago I had that situation where I was digging up graves when hounds started bailing. I was alone and almost insane, so as I picked a few flowers to avoid shadows, so I could focus on fighting the hounds and not both of them at the same time, which would result in my demise. I was a good day away from the base so I'd never have a need for butterflies there. I feel justified. ^^'

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

People who knock down every pig house on the map. Leave the villages in place because you never know when someone out on the map might need some pigs and if the pig houses in your base burn down, that's it. Get pig skins from werepigs if you need 50 houses.

its also just depressing when the world at large is devoid of pig houses.

People have no way of knowing what is worth how much or whether something can be depleted, if they're new to thr game. Some don't take the game seriously and would rather be wishy-washy about it. Things like this respawning hence could do the game and players a big favour.

2 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

People have no way of knowing what is worth how much or whether something can be depleted, if they're new to thr game. Some don't take the game seriously and would rather be wishy-washy about it. Things like this respawning hence could do the game and players a big favour.

Sort of. I played DS for a long time before I even realized the houses could be knocked down. I think the people who do this have seen it in a YouTube video of a speed or solo run and think it's a pro move, not realizing that different courtesies apply when you're playing with others or what the long term consequences are. And I've definitely encountered people who know it's a **** move but do it anyway.

54 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Sort of. I played DS for a long time before I even realized the houses could be knocked down. I think the people who do this have seen it in a YouTube video of a speed or solo run and think it's a pro move, not realizing that different courtesies apply when you're playing with others or what the long term consequences are. And I've definitely encountered people who know it's a **** move but do it anyway.

It's always a tough call with pubs, as you often have so many players, all with different thoughts and ideas on how the game should be played, on how that particular game should be played. I really enjoy using pubs to rush things without feeling completely alone, still, it's not that hard to gather materials "the hard way" instead of hammering down all of the pig houses for some easy materials, and even then you most certainly don't have to destroy every pig house in sight! I don't any "mega bases" are going to be built on Klei servers anytime soon.

Archived