Wusscake

What's the most frustrating thing you see people frequently do?

127 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ressayez said:

- People asking for me to give directions or trying to give me directions. I utilize the "Q" and "E" keys, meaning my west/left isn't your west/left. I'd be happy to equip a compass, but nobody ever seems to remember ANR added the function of being able to see your friends on the map to the compass.

This. On any given moment I have literally no idea which way is north because I'm constantly rotating my camera to see more. 

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Sylveonite said:

This. On any given moment I have literally no idea which way is north because I'm constantly rotating my camera to see more. 

I usually rotate my camera to see more like we are supposed to, but I just remember the way a landmark is formed. Like which direction some random area is from the portal. That way I always have reference to the directions. This still doesn't excuse people for not knowing about camera rotation, however.

1 person likes this

Yeah, I've had to tell people about directions sometimes too.  I rarely rotate the camera myself except when I need to get something that's, say, hidden behind a tree, but other people might rotate it all the time.  Therefore, we've figured out a method like this:

"Okay, you're at the spawn?"

"Yep."

"Is there a big pine tree really close to your right?"

"Yep".

"Good then you're facing the same way I am.  NOW I can give you directions to the rocks."

Based off an actual conversation.  :) As long as you have a common frame of reference, you can get other people to understand your directions.  Usually.

As for the votekicking...hoo-EE, am I ever glad I don't play on unmoderated servers!  Not public.  _Unmoderated_.  MY server is public--but it has an actual live admin.  THAT'S why the Klei servers are basically the Wild West--not because they have no password or friends-only, but because _no-one's in charge_. 

And people ask me "Where's base?" or "Do we have a base?" (a slightly more reasonable variant, given the circumstances) within the first day or three, as well!  Chill, people--at that point I'm still scoutin' around.  I probably won't get the _perfect_ place, but I do at least want something decent that's within reach of more than one type of resource.

Things that bother me that I have actually experienced include (a) bossy/show-off players, who are immediately "STEP aside, Junior, I'LL show ya how it's done!"--as a brand-new player on someone else's server--and on the other side of the scale, noobs who don't listen when you yell "RUN THIS WAY!" (and they're within view of you when you say it) when, say, the Deerclops is coming!  Or fire hounds.  And then your base gets destroyed anyway...

...Notorious

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Getting kicked for no reason the moment I joined a server.

Edited by SuperDavid
3 people like this

8 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

Picking flowers.

This. After being told flowers near beeboxes are for bees, whereas the ones on the lawn spawn butterflies.

Also, KILLING TENTACLES. They are my defence pets. Playing a non-Wicker, I cannot just read a book and spawn them.

8 hours ago, jantonio said:

anime mods.

This, though on my servers, none of this is a risk.

5 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

This though I think it was also because I chose Willow. (Willow is my main sucka!)

Also, kicking players for playing Willow. Not every single one is a damn griefer! 

Oh yes.

1 person likes this

Players that think multiplayer cooperation means being on the same screen as eachother at all times.

Players that think multiplayer means everybody should be talking at every single moment.

Players that think the internet means everybody wants to hear their live typed up commentary on every single act they perform.

Players that sit at the base and literally just consume resources.

Players that join games in progress then complain that it is too difficult to survive.

Players that think they're the boss and want to command everybody else because human ego.

Players that exploit meta to abuse flaws in things like the enemy pathfinding.

Players that dig up every single thing in the map to make a colossal farm that defeats the point of resource gathering.

Players that regenerate servers.

Players that use Wigfrid, Wolfgang, Maxwell or Wickerbottom.

Players that spam examine things to pass time when they're bored.

Players that consume resources without any awareness for how it will effect others.

Players that quit just because they died once.

Players that automatically vote to kick new people during harsh seasons.

Players that expect people to babysit them the moment they arrive.

1 minute ago, Mananu said:

People can play what character they want.

Yeah they can. So Wigfrid and Wolfgang can solo giants with base equipment, Maxwell can level forests and Wickerbottom can fill the freezer in a second.

Completely boring, experience ruining tripe.

The ability to ruin other people's experiences because the developers and the police allow it, is indeed an aspect of freedom. Just like people that camp and taunt in FPS. Or abuse meta and obnoxious behavior in any other multiplayer environment.

3 minutes ago, Mananu said:

People can play what character they want.

Yes, we know. We all know. And this is the problem.