[Game Update] - (BETA) 212539

• Developer
  • Reanimated Skeleton will no longer appear to stop for long delays when following a Thurible.
  • Reanimated Skeleton will now attack Spiders in the Caves automatically.
  • Reanimated Skeleton will no longer attack stationary entities like Ruins Relics, Walls, Slurtle Mounds, etc. (unless provoked, e.g. Houndius Shootius attacks.)
  • Broken Thulecite Crown will now auto-equip the next one immediately even if there is currently a shield.
  • /yawn and /sleepy emotes can now be used while mounted.
  • Flowers spawned by Bees are now excluded from regrowth logic to reduce server load.
  • Fixed bug where Giants were not destroying Mini Glaciers properly.
  • Fixed bug where Pengulls did not react properly when damaged by Blow Darts.
  • Fixed bug where Ruins music may not change back to Caves music after leaving the Ruins.
  • Fixed bug where Poison Birchnut Trees will never resume combat once they have gone off-screen once.
  • Fixed crash sometimes when Poison Birchnut Trees go off-screen.

View full update

• Like 22

11 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed bug where Poison Birchnut Trees will never resume combat once they have gone off-screen once.

We had a good run, old easy living log trees. We had a good run. Please don't kill me too hard. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, jantonio said:

is ok if you go into detail v2c in this note?

Flowers get spawned by homeless bees and when enough flowers 300+ get spawned on 1k+ days, it gets impossible to pick all of them to reduce lag since they respawned!

Just now, JJburner said:

Flowers get spawned by homeless bees and when enough flowers 300+ get spawned on 1k+ days, it gets impossible to pick all of them to reduce lag since they respawned!

sooo homeless bees make less flowers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alarsin said:

WHAT?! It wasn't a bug already, it was a feature! Are you kidding me?.. Who... who said that? Mudley? Execute!

If you leave a bug in for actual years, it might as well be a feature. It's been in the game for so long now, and been reported so many times... Fixing it now, after everyone's used to it and there are entire farms built around it, just doesn't make any sense.

But they fixed the infinite amulet exploit a while ago, and even the backpack bug in singleplayer, so I guess nothing's sacred anymore.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

I always come rushing to these posts only to find out that the next ruins stuff have not been released. Just a few more days Spaartan, a few more days. (Maybe weeks)

Reveal hidden contents

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!

(Maybe months)

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Fixed bug where Poison Birchnut Trees will never resume combat once they have gone off-screen once.

Mmmh realllyyy! Alright, it might be better like this actually. I was kind off feeling bad about chopping those. Poor trees, they look so terrified of being cut without being able to defend themselves.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

If you leave a bug in for actual years, it might as well be a feature. It's been in the game for so long now, and been reported so many times... Fixing it now, after everyone's used to it and there are entire farms built around it, just doesn't make any sense.

But they fixed the infinite amulet exploit a while ago, and even the backpack bug in singleplayer, so I guess nothing's sacred anymore.

Well some bugs can be really hard to fix and a bug isn't suppose to be kept secret you can only use that excuse in a catradge game. You know before internet.

• Like 2

Bugs are fixed on a priority basis - sometimes priority depends on how quickly a bug can be fixed. How quickly a bug can be fixed can depend on who touched that system last and how quickly it can be figured out. And sometimes, if it's a rare or infrequent bug the priority goes way down and could potentially not be worth fixing at all. (nothing is entirely bug free)

I mean, sorry that some of you can be inconvenienced by not being able to take advantage of something that has become your preferred method of doing things, but the stuff that allows people to easily cheese their way around things sometimes just need to get fixed. 

We don't like that sometimes things stick around for a while either, but it's a constant balancing game between doing new stuff and fixing bugs and right now, bug fixing is a priority. 

• Like 27

19 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Bugs are fixed on a priority basis - sometimes priority depends on how quickly a bug can be fixed. How quickly a bug can be fixed can depend on who touched that system last and how quickly it can be figured out. And sometimes, if it's a rare or infrequent bug the priority goes way down and could potentially not be worth fixing at all. (nothing is entirely bug free)

I mean, sorry that some of you can be inconvenienced by not being able to take advantage of something that has become your preferred method of doing things, but the stuff that allows people to easily cheese their way around things sometimes just need to get fixed. 

We don't like that sometimes things stick around for a while either, but it's a constant balancing game between doing new stuff and fixing bugs and right now, bug fixing is a priority. 

Ninjoe with the preach.

3 hours ago, Spaartan said:

So is a fire farm a bug? If it is, where is it on the priority list? I've only heard of it, and saw a vid of it on youtube

Yes it is a bug

still waiting for the visual bug to be fixed for Wes where he wears most hats dude goes blind ain't got know eyes
though that might not be a bug but it is certainly a pet peeve of mine.

9 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

still waiting for the visual bug to be fixed for Wes where he wears most hats dude goes blind ain't got know eyes
though that might not be a bug but it is certainly a pet peeve of mine.

The devs talk about it constantly so it's probably never gonna get "fixed."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

The devs talk about it constantly so it's probably never gonna get "fixed."

Really they do talk about it? hmm, can as for a snip its hard for me to watch streams most of the time.
Well at least they acknowledge it.

3 hours ago, Spaartan said:

So is a fire farm a bug? If it is, where is it on the priority list? I've only heard of it, and saw a vid of it on youtube

They fixed it in DST, that's enough. A fire farm is something that you don't ever have to make, so if you find it cheaty (which it definitely is) you can just never build one. It makes sense they would fix it in DST, where there are lots of different players running around and you can't control what they do, but there's no reason to stop people from cheating in a singleplayer game, where their decisions don't affect anybody else.

Edited by JellyUltra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

It shouldn't be on the list at all. They fixed it in DST, that's enough. A fire farm is something that you don't ever have to make, so if you find it cheaty (which it definitely is) you can just never build one. It makes sense they would fix it in DST, where there are lots of different players running around and you can't control what they do, but there's no reason to stop people from cheating in a singleplayer game, where their decisions don't affect anybody else.

I find that flawed a players skill even a single player game should be based on skill and not exploiting game bugs. Fire farms and somethings where you have to build them for just a bug is still not fair but its not as bad as perma freeze. There is a way to stop players from cheating in a single player game its called bug fixing and unless the cheat is using a console command or a code made for cheating that was already put into the base game the cheat should not exist there is nothing wrong with cleaning up a game to make it play better or play how it is suppose to from the developer's intent

I find your argument that cheating is in a single player game is fine because it doesn't hurt anybody fine if its for a character or a lvl skip something intentional put into the game but when its taking advantage of an expolit in programming really unfair besides from what I gather from you DS is really easy for you so having a bug fix shouldn't set you back if at all.

• Like 2