[Winnie] Sudura's Character (and few items) Rebalance Thread (inc. SW characters.)

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well it is fairly costly (10 fuel total, 2 for creation and 8 upgrades). I'd say fuel used for upgrades shouldn't be returned when dismissed to counter the permanent armor. Although their health regen would need to be reduced. I forget exactly what it was, but I remember it being fairly fast.

If the permanency of the armor is a problem, then how about a temporary boost? Duelists start with a natural 30% and you can add 1 fuel for an additional 30% boost for a day or two (and this could be done twice up to a total of 90%). Of course there would need to be some kind of visual indication of when the duelist was boosted once and twice so you know when the effect wore off.

This upgrade idea could also apply to worker puppets as well. Except instead of increasing their defense it would increase their work speed. It's not really necessary as they're mostly fine on their own, but it would just make the upgrading puppets mechanic more universal.

That sounds good making it tempary
I'm not sure  if increasing work speed would be a good idea they already work fairly fast though increasing there health a little bit wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion in case they get hit  but I think just letting it be just for the duelists is the best option.

21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well it is fairly costly (10 fuel total, 2 for creation and 8 upgrades). I'd say fuel used for upgrades shouldn't be returned when dismissed to counter the permanent armor. Although their health regen would need to be reduced. I forget exactly what it was, but I remember it being fairly fast.

If the permanency of the armor is a problem, then how about a temporary boost? Duelists start with a natural 30% and you can add 1 fuel for an additional 30% boost for a day or two (and this could be done twice up to a total of 90%). Of course there would need to be some kind of visual indication of when the duelist was boosted once and twice so you know when the effect wore off.

This upgrade idea could also apply to worker puppets as well. Except instead of increasing their defense it would increase their work speed. It's not really necessary as they're mostly fine on their own, but it would just make the upgrading puppets mechanic more universal.

I'm going to take a look into modding these changes in, so I could make this a mod config option and see which works better in-game? 

1 hour ago, Donke60 said:

I'm not sure  if increasing work speed would be a good idea they already work fairly fast though increasing there health a little bit wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion in case they get hit  but I think just letting it be just for the duelists is the best option.

Yeah, like I said, it wasn't necessary. It was just an idea to make the upgrading mechanic apply to all the puppets.

Archived