Post a material here!

Radium : slightly radioactive element that can be used to fuel a Nuclear reactor.

Radwaste : highly radioactive waste material results from Nuclear reaction.

Pyrex : glass used to safely store Radwaste.

15 hours ago, PickPay said:

Radium : slightly radioactive element that can be used to fuel a Nuclear reactor.

Radwaste : highly radioactive waste material results from Nuclear reaction.

Pyrex : glass used to safely store Radwaste.

Nice.

Just now, PickPay said:

I read someone mentioning Radium is present in the game, as for the 2 other I did some research online.

I know Radium can be painted, but never looked for the other two.  I know glass does exist but is buggy and appears as vacuum.

Freon: Condenses and boils at 20C, useful for air conditioning.

Solid Hydrogen, except it sublimates at 200C, is a metal, and makes cables built out of it able to carry 10x the power. Hydrogen may or may not actually be metastable in real life and may or may not be a superconductor, but it would be a cool feature anyway, especially considering I have no idea how you'd create it after the thermal update.

8 minutes ago, Quantum1000 said:

Solid Hydrogen, except it sublimates at 200C, is a metal, and makes cables built out of it able to carry 10x the power. Hydrogen may or may not actually be metastable in real life and may or may not be a superconductor, but it would be a cool feature anyway, especially considering I have no idea how you'd create it after the thermal update.

Supercool the gas.  But we have nothing that can remain liquid except propane and helium.  I've have to try this tonight.  I mean I go out of my way to not get solid hydrogen so I never really tested solid hydrogen.

8 minutes ago, Quantum1000 said:

Freon: Condenses and boils at 20C, useful for air conditioning.

Cell painted freon? I also never played with this.  Sounds like a really nice gas.

Gold. Can be achieved by melting gold amalgam. Has nice decor and conductivity properties, and very cheap, as its melting temperature is only 1000C and there is a lots of gold amalgam on the map, also can be obtained in real game via magma, but as I see it can not be used still :(

ahycUwy.png9I8Sfoo.png

84JrAHO.png

Interesting feature, is that in order to harvest it you do not need to cool it down, dupes will harvest it as they harvest any liquid and put it to the storage (digging it as solid will give you huge penalty, 1/2 to collected count).

1 hour ago, PVD said:

Gold. Can be achieved by melting gold amalgam. Has nice decor and conductivity properties, and very cheap, as its melting temperature is only 1000C and there is a lots of gold amalgam on the map, also can be obtained in real game via magma, but as I see it can not be used still :(

Promising ! More indication of a Foundry, as 1000°C is quite hot. So thats liquid Gold on the last screenshot ?

3 hours ago, PVD said:

Interesting feature, is that in order to harvest it you do not need to cool it down, dupes will harvest it as they harvest any liquid and put it to the storage (digging it as solid will give you huge penalty, 1/2 to collected count).

Me thinks they need to remove the "RefinedMetal" and "Metal" tag from all the liquids... Guess Mercury can keep it though.

1 hour ago, PickPay said:

Promising ! More indication of a Foundry, as 1000°C is quite hot. So thats liquid Gold on the last screenshot ?

Yes, on the top, right to the yellow block.

25 minutes ago, Risu said:

Me thinks they need to remove the "RefinedMetal" and "Metal" tag from all the liquids... Guess Mercury can keep it though.

There something wrong with that, it even storing very strange and buggy, looks like there difference between solid and liquid states, but storage does not show it. Also temperature of it does not change over time, or maybe it takes very long.

21 minutes ago, PVD said:

Also temperature of it does not change over time, or maybe it takes very long.

Bottles are missing a lot of components. SimTemperatureTransfer is one of them.

40 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Interesting.  I avoided testing these things because I thought the overheat is applied to all constructions, which if not satisfied will get heat damage.

I may say strange, very strange, some overheat some does not. And now they added overheat for permealbe tiles, very strange...

5 minutes ago, PVD said:

I may say strange, very strange, some overheat some does not. And now they added overheat for permealbe tiles, very strange...

They did recently remove overheating from a large number of "clump of mass" buildings. Guess they missed one.

I would like to see the addition of Acids and Bases to the game. They can be used to; remove rust, make medicine, and used in food.

Acids:

- Choroactic Acid: Used to make PVC plumbing, and would give us a use for Chlorine gas.

- Phosphoric Acid: Soaps/Detergents and Water Treatment.

Bases:

- Lithium Hydroxide: Used for breathing gas purification systems and to alkalize the reactor coolant in pressurized water reactors.

- Sodium Hydroxide: Cleaning agent, Water Treatment to raise the pH in water, .

Uranium hexafluoride.... chlorine gas isn't nearly toxic enough and it could be used for nuclear power

and something pyrophoric... white phosphorus maybe... it would certainly be an excuse to use lens flare :) 

Edit: Oh! and Glass a transparent to light and resistant to corrosion substance.

Something that reacts violently to water!   lithium, sodium, potassium, rubidium or caesium!  

Perhaps something that creates foam if exposed to water?  I would love to see foam bubbling up to form a layer on top of water... 

Hrm... a liquid that floats on top of water?  Has anyone seen how ice floats on water in the ONI physics engine?

Archived