Staircase-like roof setup questions

1. Just been looking around and a lot of people seem to use a staircase-like setup for the top of their base, I'm guessing this funnels gases so they don't get trapped in corners? Is that correct? Or is it just for aesthetic reasons.

2. Also I saw someone mention putting piping in a staircase design, does that affect (in a good way) the flow or pressure in any way? Or most likely just to match the staircase-roof design?

3. Is the easiest way just using a ton of ladders? Or building from the top down?

4. If you have 2 tiles diagonal to each other, as opposed to 3 in a right angle (2 up, 1 across), will gas escape?

Sorry for so many questions, but thanks ahead of time!

3 hours ago, damepa said:

1. Just been looking around and a lot of people seem to use a staircase-like setup for the top of their base, I'm guessing this funnels gases so they don't get trapped in corners? Is that correct? Or is it just for aesthetic reasons.

it is with open designs for hydrogen to rise and collect in a single spot where you can pump it to generator or elsewhere.

3. Is the easiest way just using a ton of ladders? Or building from the top down?

Situational. If you want to get rid of unsweepable material like phosphorite, it is better to start at top. other times you are at bottom and build some ladders.

4. If you have 2 tiles diagonal to each other, as opposed to 3 in a right angle (2 up, 1 across), will gas escape?

No, just 2 diagonal tiles form a seal. Though liquid pressure is different thing than gasses, you want wider walls to hold them.

Archived