What's the next? Any plan of the development?

Lordy, you guys just won't let them rest. ;)  Already nudging for what's new.  Personally I want more uses for intermediates such as coal, propane, oil and such.  I wouldn't mind more heat management and transformation tools leading to more energy production solutions such as nuclear power.  More usage of steam transformation.

21 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Lordy, you guys just won't let them rest. ;)  Already nudging for what's new.  Personally I want more uses for intermediates such as coal, propane, oil and such.  I wouldn't mind more heat management and transformation tools leading to more energy production solutions such as nuclear power.  More usage of steam transformation.

I think they prefer more players/sales volume instead...

Just want to know the next direction...

2 minutes ago, Cepheid said:

You know there is a reason they hid the Steam page right? It's not ready for the general public and they know it.

47 minutes ago, Cepheid said:

What direction?  It's barely playable.  It's too early in the development phase.  Any direction is a direction at this stage.

1 hour ago, Risu said:

You know there is a reason they hid the Steam page right? It's not ready for the general public and they know it.

They hid this game? I found it searching "Oxygen Not Included" in google and it popped up on a steam site for purchase and download. XD

7 hours ago, Cepheid said:

Only bug fix or new features?

There's two steps before the release :

Alpha test

The priority is to bug fix the more bugs they can and adjust actual features.

There are also some content patchs but it's not the priority.

Early Access

The priority is to add often new contents until the release, as Don't Starve or Invisible, inc.

There will have also still bugs fix and adjustements.

Release

They probably continue to add some free contents patchs and bug fix.

About the question : "shoud I buy the game now or wait?"

During the Alpha Test and Early Access, the game gonna evoluate a lot and the features you liked can disapeared or changed.

For example, the Thermal Updgrade change a lot the way to play and it can be confusing at the starting when you playing hundred of hours before.

So if you don't like to start over and learn again new features at each contents patchs, you should wait. If it's ok for you, go ahead.

I've played 150 hours and I still love the game. So for $20, it worth.

8 hours ago, Fatmice said:

This is unfortunately part of the YouTuber curse. I heard about the game through Markiplier, and a lot of the newest people here did too. With that, though, is a mass of people who don't understand development or "alphas" They want to see more content, for themselves and their favorite YouTubers. Then you get the ones with crazy demands, like MP for ONI. It's happened to many games, like Subnautica and Hello Neighbor. Now Klei has this already under their belt with Don't Starve, so their prepared, but newer developers can be caught off guard.

3 hours ago, Ghosticus said:

This is unfortunately part of the YouTuber curse. I heard about the game through Markiplier, and a lot of the newest people here did too. With that, though, is a mass of people who don't understand development or "alphas" They want to see more content, for themselves and their favorite YouTubers. Then you get the ones with crazy demands, like MP for ONI. It's happened to many games, like Subnautica and Hello Neighbor. Now Klei has this already under their belt with Don't Starve, so their prepared, but newer developers can be caught off guard.

I agree with you, but I think you are taking it a little too far, at the end of the day the OP only asked what the plans for the future are.

it would be nice to know what they are planning that's all, I seriously doubt that there isn't something already in the can, on a conceptual level at least

Archived