Geyser steam pipes Suck

BBCA390A7A29118133787754A1EA82933A34F049

spend more time pumping the co2 and po2 out after fixing it than pumping the steam. and your sending this live? I'm getting ready to lay off it for a month in hopes that they actually fix stuff not break more things. 606081E4BE11A1D575A8B752C6D50830AAB29990

and the ever present pudding water that can be thousands of k in volume and be held back by a few grams of clean water

1 hour ago, Kruleworld said:

What is the maximum operating temperature of the gas pump?

Primary element: abyssalite. So, like, 3075 C?

Edit: okay, actually... the broken part is the pipe (made from abyssalite) so why is the pump relevant? It's not broken.

I'm pretty sure the pipes break because since the thermal upgrade release liquid in gas pipes breaks the pipes. My guess is the steam is condensing breaking the pipe. What may work is if you use insulated pipes to make sure it stays steam.

6 hours ago, BoerBear said:

What may work is if you use insulated pipes to make sure it stays steam.

Sadly even that is not guaranteed to work. You need to:

- make sure the steam is warm enough

- make sure you don't ever send a small blob through the pipe (a few grams) because if that gets into a cold pipe, it'll immediately condense and break. Even in insulated pipe. Or you can make sure the pipe itself is warm enough along its whole length.

But probably best way is to route the steam around a Wheezewort and let it condense, then pump the water instead.

Honestly, I've never pumped the steam off a geyser. What I do is build a water reservoir around it, and let it fill it, then use that for general purpose if starter water reserve is running low. I've even got lucky enough to have 2 and even 3 geysers close enough that they can fill a single reservoir.

Archived