PVP Private Server - Ideas

So, I got a little bit of feedback and wanted to propose an idea.   I'll have a server for PVP and these are the draft rules:

1.  No use of anything that puts the player to sleep (too powerful).  If someone violates that rule their kill doesn't count and they are given a warning, second time player is booted.  So far I've found players to be quite honest on this game (in private servers).

2.  A 3,5, or 7 day period in which each player has time to get resources before the PVP starts.

3.  After PVP starts it ends 10-15 days later.

4.  Kills are recorded and players are ranked (will do web site, used to have that for another game) using ELO chess system.

5.  Play can be in 3v3 teams or individual.

Comments, thoughts?

What I like about DST PVP (I play a bit around twice a month) is finding random geared up players then fighting them. The no sleep rule is good, but I don't think there should be a time limit or limited teaming options. Perhaps day 1-2 players can't be attacked? 

Do you have any specific world generation settings in mind? (Huge world size, less resources, anything?). Personally, a huge world could work for PvP. Would make it harder for everyone to find each other while exploring ---- and greater the distance between important resource areas.

Also, there is a mod on the workshop that would help with the pan flute issue --- here you go:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381745920

Wrong Wrong Wrong!  You want to make a fun PvP?  First stop with this bs no sleep cause I suck and cant figure out how to get around it.  Thats such a lame cop out.  Second and this is most important, revolve your pvp around long term survival and not king of the hill.  All the really fun stuff to do in PvP isn't until you can use the late game stuff and unless you find some crazy boons you cant do that.  Its a survival game and every PvP server neglects the CORE of the game.  PvP would be WAAAAY more fun if you revolved it around that instead of just last man standing.  Imagine a world where you have to fight to get the resources you need and controlling key areas of the map ie the pig king or the ruins or the moon stone.  THATS HOW YOU MAKE A FUN PVP.

45 minutes ago, Clwnbaby said:

Wrong Wrong Wrong!  You want to make a fun PvP?  First stop with this bs no sleep cause I suck and cant figure out how to get around it.  Thats such a lame cop out.  Second and this is most important, revolve your pvp around long term survival and not king of the hill.  All the really fun stuff to do in PvP isn't until you can use the late game stuff and unless you find some crazy boons you cant do that.  Its a survival game and every PvP server neglects the CORE of the game.  PvP would be WAAAAY more fun if you revolved it around that instead of just last man standing.  Imagine a world where you have to fight to get the resources you need and controlling key areas of the map ie the pig king or the ruins or the moon stone.  THATS HOW YOU MAKE A FUN PVP.

Opinions on what is 'fun' differs from person to person, of course.

12 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Opinions on what is 'fun' differs from person to person, of course.

Yeah but the MAJORITY of people are VASTLY misinformed on what is fun in PvP cause as I mentioned you neglect the core of the game.  Try playing PvP for longer than 10 days and do more than last man standing and you will discover a WORLD of PvP that will probably blow the current stale (boring) iteration out of the water.  

Just now, Clwnbaby said:

Yeah but the MAJORITY of people are VASTLY misinformed on what is fun in PvP cause as I mentioned you neglect the core of the game.  Try playing PvP for longer than 10 days and do more than last man standing and you will discover a WORLD of PvP that will probably blow the current stale (boring) iteration out of the water.  

Did you honestly just tell me that people are wrong about what they think is fun..?

I get that there are alternatives and you'd like for people to broaden their spectrum a bit and perhaps get more people on board with how you enjoy to play a certain way which requires multiple people, but preferences can't be wrong.

10 hours ago, Clwnbaby said:

I like the concept, but not the way it was presented

Spoiler

Using "big" words is not going to get you anywhere.

Spoiler

Haha, see what I did there? BIG words? Get it? No? Ok then I'll leave....:(

Archived