WARNING: DOPPLEGANGER HACKER ALERT

So. I've recently come across a server where there have been willows who have copied usernames. For instance, someone named bushmaster827 joined, and apparently I'm the only bushmaster827 on steam. Not to mention others had willow dopplegangers too. It seemed to be only on Klei servers, so I'm just warning you... beware everyone. I've been kicked two times by accident as well, because they were trying to kick the fake ones. (And accidently kicked me instead.)

I'd advise to find a community you can play with instead of using the Klei servers- they're unmoderated, and the vote issues can break your time sunk into playing on one.

Personally I'd stick to community dedicated servers where voting is disabled and have a means to contact an admin if there's trouble brewing.

Wow.  Yet another reason why I guess I'll keep playing on my own servers, unpopulated as they are...

(Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted to vote-kick the Willow?  She's a little too busy being the GOD-DAMNED ADMIN, I'm afraid.  Could I perhaps interest you in a nice hot cup of noticing the server name with a side-dish of noticing that the person you're misbehaving in front of has the _same_ name, instead?)

That or the small servers run by my friends, of course.  Some of whom even post here!  :)

...Notorious

8 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

I'd advise to find a community you can play with instead of using the Klei servers- they're unmoderated, and the vote issues can break your time sunk into playing on one.

Personally I'd stick to community dedicated servers where voting is disabled and have a means to contact an admin if there's trouble brewing.

Do you have any recommended communities however, most of them are no-name brand ramshackle groups.

10 hours ago, bushmaster827 said:

So. I've recently come across a server where there have been willows who have copied usernames. For instance, someone named bushmaster827 joined, and apparently I'm the only bushmaster827 on steam. Not to mention others had willow dopplegangers too. It seemed to be only on Klei servers, so I'm just warning you... beware everyone. I've been kicked two times by accident as well, because they were trying to kick the fake ones. (And accidently kicked me instead.)

Tell the admin, to avoid confusion of who's real or not to check your character's clothes/skin.

He/She can do that by holding Tab and next to your name(s) there is a View Profile button if he presses it he can see what clothes you are wearing and what items you have equipped, then the admin can kick the doppelganger

Or... if the doppelganger is playing a different character than you, tell the admin who you're playing as.

1 hour ago, mathem99 said:

Tell the admin, to avoid confusion of who's real or not to check your character's clothes/skin.

He/She can do that by holding Tab and next to your name(s) there is a View Profile button if he presses it he can see what clothes you are wearing and what items you have equipped, then the admin can kick the doppelganger

Or... if the doppelganger is playing a different character than you, tell the admin who you're playing as.

If the admin wasn't lazy, they could just check Steam profiles from the leaderboard itself.

On 03/29/2017 at 9:43 AM, The Curator said:

Do you have any recommended communities however, most of them are no-name brand ramshackle groups.

No, naturally, we are all ramshackle groups of weirdos, Bobs, fridges, sunflowers, skeletons and what have you dwelling in shady groves. Why even ask?

unknown.png

On 03/29/2017 at 0:38 PM, StarmanNess said:

If the admin wasn't lazy, they could just check Steam profiles from the leaderboard itself.

The thing is, I get unique KU_IDs right in the logs which, alongside screenshots, are my primary pieces of evidence in griefer investigations. So not even clicking the links is needed, an admin should have 99% verified proof of who is who.

Archived