Downgrade to stable

Very strange. I want to downgrade my servers from beta. I deleted All /.klei directory, and all /common/Don'tStarve directory and make

/home/dst/Steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_update 343050 validate +quit

BUT I still have beta version in player's lobby and DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta drectory in /.klei after install.... How is it? 

You have to opt ouf of the beta for the client too. If you see DST as Don't Starve Together [anrewreignbeta] in the Steam client, right click DST -> Properties -> Betas tab -> select "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" -> Local Files tab -> Verify Integrity of Game Files... -> Close. Steam should auto-update DST and you'll no longer see the [anewreignbeta] tag.

If that's not the case, if the issue is that the server is still hosting games in the beta, try forcing the dedicated server tool out of the beta via the beta parameter:

/home/dst/Steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_update 343050 -beta public validate +quit

On 28.03.2017 at 8:55 PM, alainmcd said:

You have to opt ouf of the beta for the client too. If you see DST as Don't Starve Together [anrewreignbeta] in the Steam client, right click DST -> Properties -> Betas tab -> select "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" -> Local Files tab -> Verify Integrity of Game Files... -> Close. Steam should auto-update DST and you'll no longer see the [anewreignbeta] tag.

If that's not the case, if the issue is that the server is still hosting games in the beta, try forcing the dedicated server tool out of the beta via the beta parameter:

/home/dst/Steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_update 343050 -beta public validate +quit

first variant not my case. I don't use steam client. Just steamcmd. And i don't have client on board. Just debian+steamcmd+dedicated server.

Got it. Just del some steamcmd files.

No need to delete any files, simply edit your script according to the beta. I'm not sure how SteamCMD behaves if you are currently in the beta and omit the -beta parameter when updating, but I do know -beta public always forces you out of it, so that's good enough. Btw, forgot to mention you'll want to rename your DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta folder to DoNotStarveTogether in order to keep your worlds and preferences.

Archived