Water Collection

Hi Guys, 

I'm quite new to the game and I'm wondering if there's anyway to manage how Duplicants collect water. I'm trying to set up a pool for melting ice and before the tepidizer starts heating up they steal all the water. Any way to stop this?

Sadly nothing direct. You could put it behind access doors and then lock them out.

It is useful when they do it to collect all those shallow pools, but when you have some intentionally, like cooling waterfall, it is bothersome.

give them close water acces for any consume, like a 3x4 box with a vent inside, put vent middle in the 1x3 empty space, stops underwater, bit more than 2 full tiles. acces control/closed doors. they pick up water anyway if finish task near it

this is smaller 

gokjIdS.png

Since TU I've not come to a point I have no terrariums since I have the water to actually use them.

They are wonderful at the bottom of mining shafts to get oxygen there without worrying about plumbing. Especially with changes to power where setting up a distant electrolyzer/deoxydizer would require it's own power supply.

Archived