Spesific Sweep

Sorry if someone else have already suggest this.

But please add option to the sweep tools, something similar to deconstruct and cancel tools.

i want to be able to sweep raw material/mineral only, etc..

it will be great if we can do that.

the case is, sometime i want to just pick up the gold and leaving the clay, slime on the ground.

hitting cancel sweep to the particular object is time consuming and i know we can just tick off storage so they won't pick it up.

but if you already building a large base, you will have separate different storage to store each item.

1 hour ago, sai05 said:

Set metal only and set them priority 9 :)

The problem with that is, they will also bring the material from all other compactors with lower priority. Although if you have things separated, you can put the same priority on all compactors for given material.

So far I only needed this for volatile substances (polluted dirt, slime, ice) and mostly I was fine with setting these to priority 5 while lowering priority of all general compactors to 4. The only exception is polluted dirt as I want that to be swept right away so it has priority 8 on compost and 7 on its container.

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

The problem with that is, they will also bring the material from all other compactors with lower priority. Although if you have things separated, you can put the same priority on all compactors for given material.

yeah.. this also bother me.. now that you mention it, i wonder if that is a bug or intended.

if it's intended i also want a lock feature where you can tick it like "sweep only", so that dupes won't move it to another storage.

they are only allow to pick it up for use purpose not move.

Was about to suggest this too. Sometimes you want to sweep up all copper ore or coal, but leave the other stuff (sandstone) for hatches to consume. Not sure if it would be easier to handle case by case, like a "Sweep all raw metal", "Sweep all consumable ore" selection before using the sweep brush, or a general preference menu that is designed similarly to the inventory of the storage. Maybe you could do both, use the first for active sweeping and the second for passive sweeping, so that even if you have a storage that would allow sandstone, none is sweeped and delivered there, if you unticked it on the sweep preference menu.

the sweep function and general storage functions are 2 separate ideas  if the storage box is higher than the sweep box yes it will take from the sweep box if the storage is less it will leave the box alone till you empty the sweep box. storage boxes are good for automatically clean a material as its dug up if your priority is set higher than your digging. slime and polluted dirt are good examples of this.

sweeping is good for clearing out specific areas and even leaving things there if you have no boxes set to receive it although they will still be marked for sweeping.

general storage is good for things like sand coal slime and other things you want to have near the machines that use them but for storing excess materials you are far better off using a sweep box and emptying it out and re using it.

if your having problems with dupes looting other boxes for stuff you can all ways lock unneeded resources with a door and lock it this works if you want to have metal storage in a hot or cold place so you can gather the heat without worrying about grabbing the wrong material

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:18 PM, Zervo said:

Sorry if someone else have already suggest this.

But please add option to the sweep tools, something similar to deconstruct and cancel tools.

i want to be able to sweep raw material/mineral only, etc..

it will be great if we can do that.

the case is, sometime i want to just pick up the gold and leaving the clay, slime on the ground.

hitting cancel sweep to the particular object is time consuming and i know we can just tick off storage so they won't pick it up.

but if you already building a large base, you will have separate different storage to store each item.

if you only have a box set to sweep metal and no other sweep boxes it will only sweep the metal they are still tagged for sweeping but will only sweep when a box marked for sweep only has that materials filter set for it

@heckubis

yeah, i know about that.

But having a more advance sweeping tools will be more than welcome.

2 click of a button will do the job and without worry about you do the wrong thing or having you to setup the work around in each storage management or any other thing you need to prepare

This tools will improve the quality of life

Archived